DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol gah not the dreadded No2's i hate those things. I'm beginning to hate catterick alot more as well, we were housed in watchgill and had to get those which coaches to Vimy every day to get our rifles, it was so anyoing, I got to go to that army store in the garrison "John Bulls" spent £255 on kit for the field only to fall over and do my knee in. The weather was so bad aswell, it snowed when we were doing our final test on the range and every ones SUSAT missted up and we couldnt se anything at all. We were all preying for immediate deployment to a hot country lol.

Grim

I think the only extra kit i bought was a tab belt from there. Mind you I'd 'aquired' buckshee stuff form mates in other regiments, i just kept it fairly quiet while i was there.

I was in Vimy barracks... just by Harvey block! (which is apt as Harvey is my surname) its was a short skip to the naffi!

I quite like Dress no2... I've worn mine to 'black tie' parties to wind civvy mates up as i'm the only one not in a tux but still look loads smarter.

Did they do the lovely one of marching you over the tank tracks for two days letting you harbour up then having an immediate 'compromised harbour' and having to leg it double time.. always a fave to mess recruits about that one.

Well i did pass every thing else but i dont know why i may not of recieved a delayed/deffered pass. as too tall (one of the lads in my platoon at CIC was sent home the monday morning with an ankle injury and recieved a deffered pass. So i dont know. I am going to have a word with my OC and PSAO and see if i can pass the CFT and field ex with my unit instead of doing CIC all over again.

Cyber i will let you know if me and my lads can get an available date and make it to gunman in the new year, we are always looking for new sitea to try out and we havnt tried gunman yet but it may be a little far south for my team to agree on making a journy. but i know theres at least 5 of us that defo will give it a try.

Gadge. I bought a new pair of boots from there as my issue boots were/are giving me foot problems and i couldnt use my converse in the field due to the materiel sides etc, but i managed to pic up a few items for airsofting and some load-outs like my desert DPM load out like desert rank slides and cats eyes band. As for Vimy its not a bad barracks i spent a fair amount of time opposite Harvey block in the med centre lol. We did a tab out to our harbour only to have to move 10 minutes later to a new harbour thats when i fell and done my knee in, but our pltoon commander was training to want to gain entry to the SAS apparently, so we suffered the consequences and had to do everything the way he did which he believed was the SAS way. so in other words more weight and faster times, and being swamped by LI didnt help the minority of the heavy infantry lads like my self ###### marching round in like double time that was annoying. every thing was double the speed the heavy infantry lads moved at. And the fact that the other platoon got the tonners to drive em out to there harbour area and not get bugged out then sleeping in a barn kind of demoralised a few of the lads.

Grim

suck it up dude, if you had to work harder then you will be a better soldier for it. It was the same for me back in depot, green jackets and light infantry had to do everything twice as fast as everybody else, with more weight. It just makes you more proud when you pass.

Darkchild

ok guys im in my last year of school, and im going to eb a plumber but...

i want the milatry buzz so im going to join the TA. it might of been asked befor but what is the age limit to join them

i have a local ta base near me grantham

well it aint close but it is cloest to me

thank you kizuna

Darkchild you are right i am very proud to be a Duke of Lancaster and was even prouder when we were the Kings Regiment, im just not used to your Light Infantry speed, but as soon as my knee is fully healed im going to train harder and start paceing out Light infantry timings and weight for runs etc so if u get another shot at CIC then i wont struggle as much. I heard taking shorter sharper paces helps is that true? I never tried it as i was set in my ways at the time of being heavy infantry lol.

Oh as sorry guys the extra desert pics are on hold i have just started as a temporary staff member over the christmas period in next for the sale so i have had a lot to do. but they will get taken and posted ASAP and as soon as i get a chance i will post some of the pics from our last game at rednal, so you all can luagh at some of the guys lol (including me)

Grim

yep, it takes a while to get used to but shorter, faster steps are the way foward (literally) when it comes to tabbing. I suffered for years taking long strides due to my lanky legs but when i finally forced myself to adapt i now find it much easier. Breaking up your movement between walking and shuffling slowly every couple of hundred metres (even if everyone else is still walking) normally helps your stamina too as you are constantly switching between different muscles.

Good luck if you get another try :)

Darkchild

ok guys im in my last year of school, and im going to eb a plumber but...

i want the milatry buzz so im going to join the TA. it might of been asked befor but what is the age limit to join them

i have a local ta base near me grantham

well it aint close but it is cloest to me

thank you kizuna

I think its something strange like 17 years and 9 months.

looks like its 17 (doesnt say anything specific) http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/

Now what is a gimp is to join as an officer you need 180 UCAS points and it doesnt seem to matter if you dont have that (like me) but have come out of University with a 2:1 or a first (one of my courses didnt carry UCAS points but was to the standard and level that it really should have according to the Universities)

Aim to be able to do 50 press up and 50 sit ups in 2 min each 5 pullups run 1.5 miles in 10 min or so (Though you run more like 3 so if you can go further for your runs it would work better) the royal marines site has been updated with a very good fitness plan if your thinking of joining up. Good luck and bear in mind not all recruits are cut out to go to sandhurtst as just because you can doesn't mean you should I know plenty of people that have gone in and decided to stay as a gunners or privets etc. and had a good laugh and then gone as an nco or officer later.

Best of luck.

Could we now get back on topic with some pics please?

looks like its 17 (doesnt say anything specific) http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/

Now what is a gimp is to join as an officer you need 180 UCAS points and it doesnt seem to matter if you dont have that (like me) but have come out of University with a 2:1 or a first (one of my courses didnt carry UCAS points but was to the standard and level that it really should have according to the Universities)

Weird, i left with a 2:2 and was taken on by the Staffordshire regiment for RCB.

Yeh but did you have the required results (at the time) with GCSEs and Alevels? Its possible a degree may mean they completly ignor what you got previously, and its just something they dont make clear on the site.

Guess when I graduate if I decided to do it seriously I would need to talk to the Army careers office, wont be untill 2009 so pleanty time :)

Yeah i have pretty good GCSEs and A-levels it was just my degree that i pretty much winged.

I think it helps that i went (well was advised to go for) my county regiment.

Ironically in the last ten years of work the only two employers who have ever wanted proof of a degree were the army and Notts uni for my post grad.

dont put ur whisper and kitkat peanuts in it like i did at CIC because i had to switch armour on the range after i came off the point and forgot they were in there. i lost my 2 morale booters :( lol

Im looking to fill the plate pouches on my ospey so do any of you guys know the sizes of the dummy plates so i can get an idea if they may fit?

Also Can any of you guys help me identify this? And where it is used etc?

HPIM0224.jpg

Grim

Edited by Grim

Yeah they build you up, on the 1st day you do a 4 miler with about 15 KG then at the end theres a 6 miler not sure on the weight then if ur really unlucky they throw in the 8 miler with more weight.

My Kestral has still not arrive but the lads at my local surplus stoe have cat a rather sexy desert DPM assault vest reserved for me until i go in and pay it off.

Grim

Just thought i would try a load out with that armour cover on. but i placed the inserts from my Delta PT armour into its plate pockets (they fit quite well) then wore it in place of the CBA and here is the end result

GrimDPM50calarmour1.jpg

GrimDPM50calarmour2.jpg

GrimDPM50calarmour3.jpg

GrimDPM50calarmour4.jpg

GrimDPM50calarmour5.jpg

GrimDPM50calarmour6.jpg

The real one may be heavier but i would prefer to wear this instead of the CBA on tours (to non deset countries) This could quite easily be a substitute for the osprey in temperate climates, The collar made me fell like i was a little better protected but with out and hinderance to movement.

Grim

Edited by Grim