DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just Ordered my UBACs and finally found a home for 2 light tan pouches i have had for a few years with no kit to match to. They go quite nicly on the osprey as a small utility and ammo pouch. I can finally carry spare ammo and an extra couple of mags Woo!!! Cant wait for my UBACs to arrive i will post pics up when it arrives of the load out with it on.

Grim

most of the pics i see, the soldiers on the front line have webbing on, or some form of combat vest, i think that the ones on the front line with just osprey are most likely armoured infantry or mechanized (dont quote me though)

http://www.textually.org/textually/archive...hsoldafghan.jpg

Edited by Hewes

british forces always have the older stuff, we dont have the money to throw around like america, besides, soldiers use what they are comfortable with,

i personally love PLCE, and combat vests, im not a big molle man, i dont trust it, and i also think that those pics of their loadouts look a million times better with PLCE than without it, each to their own though!

I have seen alo of use of the Viper LASF vests over the osprey, All the lads from my old detachment who went on tour using it said the webbing ended up feeling clumsy over the osprey and that an asault vest sat alot comfier. I have an assault vest i could put over my osprey, but i have mounted the pouches.

I am finally getting my Kestrel today i have to go and pick it up so i will post a few pick of it later on once im home.

Grim

I have seen alo of use of the Viper LASF vests over the osprey, All the lads from my old detachment who went on tour using it said the webbing ended up feeling clumsy over the osprey and that an asault vest sat alot comfier. I have an assault vest i could put over my osprey, but i have mounted the pouches.

Alot of pictures Ive seen around have had vests unless they use the MOLLE loops, generally it seems to be a mix of Viper and Blackhawk vests.

From some Army type forums Ive stumbled accross alot of serving have said the Osprey makes wearing webbing and chestrigs uncomfortable so they dont do it

PLCE and Osprey or any other vest all depends on what TASK/OP you are patroling though Afgan on foot, you will need PLCE just to carry all you kit ammo water and food. But in Iraq you can just get away with just Ospey and pouches or with a viper vest coz most OPs are AFV mounted.

Edited by Delta_1

Sobering thought....

The US government spends FIVE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS a year on defence (euphemistically speaking, they are not defending themselves only their business interests).

The rest of the world all put together spends....

Seven hundred billion dollars....

Says a lot really doesnt it?

Our military make sup for the cash shortfall with skill.

As promised a few pics of the armour cover (apparently called Kestrel on ebay) i still need the waist tightening straps but besides that its kool.

HPIM0233.jpg

And 1 of the internal plate pouches.

HPIM0234.jpg

Grim

Edited by Grim

Why on earth would you want one of those? When they are properly filled, you cannot raise your weapon into the aim properly or move your head around with a helmet on. They only brought those out as a stop gap while the army waited for the osprey system. I mean, each to their own and all but that vest was designed to be used while standing static on top cover. You are not meant to fight and move in it.

Urgh.

Darkchild

Why on earth would you want one of those?

Darkchild

The question i ask every airsofter dead set on buying either a noddy suit or a face wellie :)

Now Grimm... as a pongo you should no better than to want kit thats no use to you no matter how shiny it is...