DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By twisted British Army logic it would. CEMO is literally everything you have on your back, and you're tabbing off to a new position. CEFO would be used for a fighting patrol, which could take a few hours, could take the whole day, could take several days - that's why daysacks are often included in CEFO (also Bowman and old Clansman manpacks fill up most of a daysack anyway). There is another level, assault order, where you'd be going in for a direct assault and therefore would only need webbing and your weapon.

Hey eel one, you are wearing my unit's beret and cap badge! And *shock horror* I dont care!

meinsalisbury.jpg

nice loadouts@ Eel one and lerch, and ignore anyone that tells you not to wear unit badges or says sarcastic comments like

"how was p-company for you?"

Cos 99% of real soldiers couldnt care less.:)

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
Hey eel one, you are wearing my unit's beret and cap badge! And *shock horror* I dont care!

nice loadouts@ Eel one and lerch, and ignore anyone that tells you not to wear unit badges or says sarcastic comments like

"how was p-company for you?"

Cos 99% of real soldiers couldnt care less.:)

Darkchild

The Light Infantry? Did you deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan?

Edited by pjones

My team had enough of people doing load outs of special forces like SAS, Jægerkorpset, Delta force and the like. We felt it was about time someone went for a regular infantry load out. I just hope we manage to deliver a trust Worthy impression. At the moment we are waiting on Rifles Direct to get rank slides in the 4 color dpm, as those are hard to find for the rifleman rank.

The Light Infantry? Did you deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan?

not light infantry, Rifles. Formerly 2nd Bn Royal Green Jackets.

I got back from Iraq in November and am of to Afghan either this Christmas (if i can wangle it) or next year sometime.

@Subbo: dont be an idiot, you know the point im making. The only people who care about "disrespecting" real units by wearing their unit flashes, badges, head dress etc are AIRSOFTERS. Real soldiers do not care if you run around the woods on a Sunday wearing an uber special forces badge or whatever, they have more important things to worry about.

@Lerch: Your loadout is a fine generic infantry loadout. I wouldnt worry about DPM rank slides, Rifles dont tend to wear them in the field anyway. And so far ive only been issued olive green rank slides.

Darkchild

The armour and trousers are a little duller, due to wear, and muck...

...but the jacket was like new, bright and shiny...

...and I agree, looks all the better for it.

What is that load bearing kit on the children of men outfit? I've had one thats insanely similar if not identical for years and I've never been able to work out what it was.

Hahah Grim, you're a Southpaw! You've managed to chose two of the least ambidextruous weapons of all time! :P

Don't get me wrong I'm a lefty too, but wouldn't you find it easier to use the l96 right handed? Isn't cycling the bolt a right PITA?

Grim there is a reason the cheek rest is on one side its built to be a right handed weapon the way you hold it you would get a nice load of empty casings in your face. learn to use it right handed takes some practice but it will be a lot more comfortable( plus you won't get your mic going up into your nose). Presumably you have a susat for that as your missing a front foresight.

Darkchild your right they do tend just to get dirty looks and thought of as a bit odd but tend to be left to there own devices though when they are found up on Brecon area they do get some even weired looks as long as they stay out of ones way army doesn't really care that much. just don't go and parade it around like a certain "captain" did...

Edited by Subb0

My only suggestions would be thus...

For the para loadout i know its 'para' style and 'ally' but the badge is a little far on the side of your head.

Dustcover too.... ;) and that really is being anal.

For the li loadout, i know its only airsoft but a shave would make you look spot on, beards outside of a'stan always make brit loadouts look ropey.

If you dont have goatee my apologies just looked that way.

As for capbadges im not enormously fussed as ex mob.

My mate Gareth skirmishes with me has never served or even been a cadet but wears a staffords loadout and i helped him get his beret backed properly and shaped, if its worn well its no disrespect.

Similarly we *occasionally* get the odd arsy para about us wearing red berets on our wwii south staffords kit until you pint out to them that in the 40s *every* solider in an airborne division form recce to airborne armour to cooks and bottle washers wore red berets :)

If it really bothers folk do a 'dead' capbadge liek the 'recce corp' or some such, recce corp badge looks awesome and you cant offend anyone cos it hasnt existed for years and years!

Another question aimed at darkchild mainly due to Lerchs pictures.

Bayonets. Are they often mounted when in a combat situation?

When i was in you fixed bayonets for one of a few reasons.

1) Psychology - its a go down fighting gesture

2) you have to assault a prepared position or trench

3) the enemy are about to overun yours

4) You're incredibly low on ammo.

I have my reasons guys. Yes i am a natural lefty, and yes i can fire ambidextrously (spelling?) but as this is airsoft and not real worl i am much more comfortable firing in my natural shoulder. Dont get me wrong i was on the cadets shooting team, firing in the right shoulder with the L98A1 (piece of ###### lol), i just prefer my comfort for firing in airsoft (Also seeing at thats genuine A2 hand guard the star sling loop doesnt fit with out a little modding to the foregrip and i have onmy modded the right hand side so the sling loop fits). And as i dont have to worry about the cocking handle cycling back and giving me a gob full of brass i just use it in the left. The SUSATs still on order i only noticed after the pictures that the forsight had come off in the car, which has peeved me off. but i ended up using a friends ACOG in the end (Blasphemy i know but functionality over fashion) And my explaination for firing my L96 in the left is comfort again but as i have a harder time cycling the bolt so i try to make sure i dont miss (Doesnt always work but keeps the enemys heads down before i fire again and change position) I have a Tanaka gas L96 in mind so hoping the bolt cycle on that wont be as tough.

Thanks for the defend Gadge, CIC went up Sh!t creek, i took a tumble in the harbour area dues to the iceynes of the ground and managaed to screw my knee up (so they debussed me bk to my unit and they have given said they dont want me to screw it up further so i can have the choice of a transfer to a corp unit. so i have choosen the artillery (as i have friends there and thats the only other unit i have ever been a part of back when i first became an instructor in the ACF before they send mt back to my desired unit) So i have to go see the RRTT sergeant on tuesday to finish sorting it out.

Grim