DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The UBACS is suprisingly warm, actually, which is nice, considering it's all of about f**k-buggery-below-brass-monkey-degrees up here in bonny Scotsville.

I'm now angry at my CIRAS. I think I'll need to rig up some sort of home-made extension for the shoulder straps. Gah.

A bunch of semi-new pictures of me and my team taken earlier this fall. This was our more sloppy, hang-loose, mountain-op kinda kit.

Alot has happened since with our our loadouts (Greenside, DA and this whatever u call it in english ;D), but newer photos will have to wait until we get our last bobs :)

Pics taken by Stålhandske. Cudoz beyond infinity.

Team:

grupp1.jpg

el_Bromso:

bromso.jpg

Bamse (me ^_^):

bamse.jpg

hokke:

hokke.jpg

Igge:

igor.jpg

Gambler (not part of the outfit anymore :/):

gambler.jpg

A bit larger images can be found here: http://www.teamodd.se/gallery/airsoft/misc...y_photosession/

Edited by Bamse

Even older pics of our Greenside kit as it was in September when it was in a major build-up phase. As said in earlier post, more pics will come when we got it a bit more right :)

Igge, el_Bromso, Bamse, Gambler

DSC_7803.jpg

DSC_7801.jpg

Entire gallery here -> http://www.teamodd.se/gallery/airsoft/game...rnet/2008/0921/

Here's my sort-of UKSF loadout -

SiCerbFibua1.jpg

Not really going for accuracy, just a general "look" of non-standard infantry. If you remember back to the early days of Iraq/A'stan, a lot of UKSF types (even just soldiers in general) were rocking around in a mix of temperate and dessie DPM, always with the dessie on the bottom. Load bearing kit would also be a mixture, as dessie webbing was still not widely available, so PLCE and assault vests could either be temperate or dessie.

Here I've gone for temperate SF boonie & windproof smock, dessie plce assault vest and trousers, and black assault boots. Although a fairly basic loadout, I've not actually seen that many people using this setup, as they tend to go either full temperate or full dessie :)

Here's my sort-of UKSF loadout -

Not really going for accuracy, just a general "look" of non-standard infantry. If you remember back to the early days of Iraq/A'stan, a lot of UKSF types (even just soldiers in general) were rocking around in a mix of temperate and dessie DPM, always with the dessie on the bottom. Load bearing kit would also be a mixture, as dessie webbing was still not widely available, so PLCE and assault vests could either be temperate or dessie.

Here I've gone for temperate SF boonie & windproof smock, dessie plce assault vest and trousers, and black assault boots. Although a fairly basic loadout, I've not actually seen that many people using this setup, as they tend to go either full temperate or full dessie :)

In the green zone people still do wear a mix of temperate and desert gear. Also, my old team section 8 used to wear temperate tops and desert bottoms. I've seen quite a few people at GZ wearing this combination also.

Its an ok look but i prefer my clothes to be of the same pattern.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
Wildcard: ooooh, one sexy piece of nylon.

Where do you get ahold of the new PALS:ed up version of the GenOps vest, apart from militarykit.com? Any tips? :)

They're called Load Carrying Tactical Vest, LCTV. I got one about a year ago for 60 quid, not sure how much it is nowadays. The vest is very bulky and unpractical as it is designed to be worn on top of the Osprey vest. LCTV is zillion times better quality than Osprey and the pouch kit is awesome though.

If you're there over the summer Doc, you can buy me a pizza in between patrols.

Darkchild

Won't be at KAF this year mate, good luck though :)

Are you all talking about the new modular vest btw? Utter gash, can gladly have mine off me. Built like a Kinder toy, and twice as plasticky. Issue Ops vest, every time. Or PLCE, if you like working for a living B)

Edited by doc_newstead
Also, my family have said I look like Buster since I was about 15. Lip up Fatty.

Doc, absolutely OT, but Doug "Buster Bloodvessel" Trendle is a close friend of mine... He lost a lot of weight after the stomach surgical op he had at Leeds hospital a few years ago...

"Inner London Violence"... :o

[end OT]

Doc, absolutely OT, but Doug "Buster Bloodvessel" Trendle is a close friend of mine... He lost a lot of weight after the stomach surgical op he had at Leeds hospital a few years ago...

"Inner London Violence"... :o

[end OT]

OT again I know, but I remmeber Bad Manners from my childhood, (Especially their version of the Can-can on Top of the Pops - I damn near PMSL). If you don't mind passing on well wishes from a stranger could you do so please?

Cheers,

Dan.

OT again I know, but I remmeber Bad Manners from my childhood, (Especially their version of the Can-can on Top of the Pops - I damn near PMSL). If you don't mind passing on well wishes from a stranger could you do so please?

Cheers,

Dan.

Definitely I will...

"Can Can" was on their first album "Ska 'n' B". Bad Manners are still often on tour, especially for scooter rally gigs. Doug is the only one remained of the original line-up...

They sound great today as well as 25 years ago.