The streets of america

p0t4T0

G-Force: Americans are, on average, dumber than Europeans. Deal with it. Also, who brought race into it? I thought America was "the great melting pot?" Don't you have representatives of all races, colours and creeds? All of them dumber than if they'd remained in their home country?

Oh, and no, I don't want to super size that.

:zorro:

well, actually i have a pretty good handle on georgraphy but not from schools. I was tracing my lineage from both sides and found out my ancestors were a bunch of traveling 'ores. ;)

but besides that, the school i go to has all sorts, here in California, white, black, 10 types of asian ;) mexican, el salvadorian, brazillian, indian, pakistani, UAE, and thats just the people in my hallway at the Dorms ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G-Force: Americans are, on average, dumber than Europeans. Deal with it. Also, who brought race into it? I thought America was "the great melting pot?" Don't you have representatives of all races, colours and creeds? All of them dumber than if they'd remained in their home country?

Oh, and no, I don't want to super size that.

i have to agree with this statment because after having several american exchange teachers come to my school and take me for lessons i find the way they teach is very very different to anything ive experianced before. basically nothing was explained and we were left to our own devices and periodically shouted at when we got too loud and if teachers are trained like this in the USA i can see why litteracy levels go down.

this is not a racist comment it is fact from where i see it and as privously stated the statistics support this veiw

Just saw this video, funny as first, overflogged a bit. Also please remeber this is not representative of US people thay just picked the dumbasses, for every 10 people who though Australia was Iran 50 realised Iran was in the middle east. I bet if this was done in any other country it would be the same, all you have to do is find the right people.

And the really sad thing is, those people aren't all that hard to find... I've had some of the "smartest" people in my class (the salutatorian in fact), tell me that Japan was just off the coast of Ireland and that WWII ended about 8 years ago...

I say invade Kalifornia and remove it from the mainland using sp00n's method, it should make things much more bearable for everyone in the world

Lol dont you mean decent rugby team and not as amazing as they thought cricket team.

Bah they can have their cricket team, cricket isnt a real sport anyway :P

By the way we british may scoff but the ignorance i see everyday at college is gobsmacking and will reflect on generations to come and the same in france and other "clever" countries (but US is still just europes rejects :P )

And of note while everyones getting all annoyed at people stereotyping other people for the actions of a few, those people who stereotype entire regions of the world based on

1.jpg

Also need a reality check

I just want to point out how irritated I am. As an American, I can see how bias this film is, and that they have obviously only asked people that don't represent the majority of us. Most people in the US can tell that Australia isn't france. Or Korea, or anything else. In fact, most highschoolers in the US can not only point out where all of those countries are (pardon the ones that can't tell the difference between Laos and Cambodia), they can also name the seas and oceans. And we all know where France is, except for, obviously, that guy in the film. This film is very very racist/prejudice. I am sickened by watching it.

Aaron

As an American has mentioned, America scores far lower on literacy and other tests than other Western nations. So go sit down, dumb *albatross*. We'll give you guys a call when we want fries with that.

That's just the blacks and mexicans. We white people score much higher, as we actually go to school in the first place.

EDIT:

I should mention, before I get -30 rep points, that I am proving a point about racism with this statement. I do not actually support what I have just said.

There's no need to bring racism into it. Americans is dumb, end of.

THAT is my point. What you just said IS racist. Try re-phrasing this argument and replacing the word "Americans" with "Blacks". It is *fruitcage*-ing retarded the way you group us all together. Bear in mind, for one moment, that the "majority" of Americans aren't Americans. They're immigrants. The figures are flawed anyway. Now please just stop. I am getting really sick of being complimented for being such a nice and well spoken person on the boards, while at the same time being told that my "type" of people are just the opposite.

Aaron

You're overlooking a small but vital point: there is no American race. Unless you mean the Native Americans you slaughtered. "Oh land of the free..."

Therefore, calling all Americans dumb isn't racist. It's just funny.

It's not funny. It's prejudice and wrong. And hardly a vital point. You are insulting a "people" that is not your "people". How is that not racist? Sledge, please STFU. Why is it you are always the one that gets everyone going on the anti-America debate?

I am stepping away from the computer for a moment, because I am so mad I can't see strait. So before I start neg-repping people for "disagreeing with Sledge" (neg rep from unfriendlyfire: For rising to sledge and flaming over american stereotypes, its what always happens), I'm going to go cool off.

Sledge, since I'm not the kind of *beep* that neg-reps someone because they disagreed with me, I'll just give you one of these instead: ,|,,

Aaron

Look, it's quite simple: to be racist, I would have to be saying something against a race of people. Americans are a mix of most races on Earth, therefore cannot be considered a race.

Now, let's just concede that Yanks is dumbz0rs and move on to my next point: Americans are REALLY easy to wind up.

As requested, is there any chance both of you can pack this in? Its boring and itll happen again in about a week anyway but that doesnt mean we cant stop pushing the same points to wind each other up, get wound up and/or deliberately inflame opinions

As requested, is there any chance both of you can pack this in? Its boring and itll happen again in about a week anyway but that doesnt mean we cant stop pushing the same points  to wind each other up and/or deliberately inflame opinions

Agreed. Enjoy your ignorant thread, Sledge. I'm out.

Ok just to start THIS IS A JOKE:

OK everyone shut up, Britain owned America, we left because we got bored ( despoite what you think) and if you don't shut the F up we will come and take it back.

Ahh British Colonialism for you :P

Not taking sides at all.......an intelligent american could easily destroy Sledges arguments by pointing the finger at "British peoples" heritage. Over the centuries Britain has been invaded and colonised by more races than you can shake a stick at...the French, the Vikings and the Romans being just a few of the obvious ones. So how are we any different to the melting pot that makes up the American "race"? Answer: we're not. And the sooner people start focusing less on "race" and more on the bigger picture the better place this planet will be.

That doesnt change the fact however that Americans GENERALLY (obviously there are exceptions) do have a very insular way of looking at the world. It's like there's America and then beyond it's borders there are some "other countries" but they're generally so unimportant that I don't need to know about them. We'll find out on CNN once we've invaded them. But this can't really be blamed on the individuals but on the entire education system, government and basic values that are instilled from a young age.

I could go on for ever but have already said too much. The way I see it any American who can see what a twat they have for a president has my respect....but any that support Bush and his policies deserve everything they get. And yes I detest Blair too but at least he's a convincing liar, cheat and scumbag. Bush is just a joke.

Archived