OK, for a while I've been in line for a new tactical pack. I didn't really know what I wanted so i did the sensible geardo thing and just went and bought/ordered a load of packs and rucksacs.

The first one that actually turned up (because i got fed up of companies in the USA waiting to send me things) was the Recon Pack and I've got to say I was really REALLY pleased with it on first impressions, the material was nice and heavy, feeling good quality. The zips are fantastic and instead of the usual fiddily zipper pull things they're opened with ParaCordall the buckles are good quality ones 9and will take point blank shots from an AEG). The grab handle atop the pack is well attached and because of the odd shape is very nice to carry a heavy pack with.

Upon opening the bag there is the main storage compartment with two seperate internal pouches sealed by velcro. Also there is a large pannel running the entire length of the bag that is filled with camping mat (type material) to protect your water bladder and comfort your back and a harder piece (to go in front of the bladder) to protect it from sharp things in the bag. On top, beside the carry handle, there are ports to allow the hydration tube to exit or a radio aerial, stereo headphones or many things. These are sealed by velcro so foreign objects won't fall in.

On the front of the bag is a smaller compartment that is ideal for waterproofs and also has another velcro'd internal compartment. This whole thing is sealed via two fastex clips on the front and there is an internal rain hood to protect the contents from the wet.

The straps are some of the best I've worn, well padded and will attach to 3 different points on the back of the bag. there is a chest strap but no waist belt.

Atop the bag there are two compression straps to add a roll mat or the like.

And on the back there is a strip of velcro to add the required cool guy patches (have attached my SNAFU, Got MILF and nametape to mine).

On the sides of the bag there are MOLLE loops so if you wanted you could add pouches. The loops are 5 wide and 3 deep (I've added 4 M4 mag pouches and filled them up with things I need to get to in a hurry FFD, Mars Bar, spare batterys ect)

Dimensions: Main compartment -- 13"(W) x 16"(H) x 4 1/2"(D) -- 935 cubic inches.

Cargo pouch -- 13"(W) x 11"(H) x 3 1/4"(D) -- 465 cubic inches.

Weight: 1350 g

Color: Olive Drab

Material: DuPont 1000-Denier / 500-Denier CORDURA

B-10C(OD)_2.jpg

B-10C(OD)_3.jpg

B-10C(OD)_5.jpg

B-10C(OD)_1.jpg

PROS:

Great quality,

Very very spacious,

Comfortable to wear,

Well designed.

CONS:

Front pouch internal rain hood won't close tight enough for my liking.

No waist belt.

Out of 10 I would like to give this a 10 because I have owned a lot of bags by lots of makers and this is the first one I would be happy to take anywhere and do anything with. SInce I got it I've been living out of it and using it as my primary item to carry everything in.

It comes in OD, US TRI, US Woodland, Tan, and Black so no matter what your loadout or requirments it would suit you.

As a small follow up. I carried it on a walk/run this morning for about 7 miles. Fully loaded I was worried about the lack of a waist belt but I found that the shoulder and chest straps distributed the weight amazingly well and made the whole thing evry comfortable. It also held up well to the small amount of rain that I encountered...

Yeah, maybe a couple of sidepouches, a bladder and some cool guy patches will all turn your pack into an everyday, must use item

The Sad thing is that I would get rid of my current backpack and use the guarder one for school and airsoft. But I dont think my teachers would appericate my suck-o-meter patches. :D

:Dr_Evil:

Edited by v. arena
Nothing wrong with that. I didn't really buy this bag for airsoft but it will be great for it.

Mine is plastered in GOT MILF and I LUV UR MOM patches as well as the "xRAZERx O RH- NKDA" and my nametape pacthes :D

:rofl:

AW *beep* I just was on optac and saw the maxpedition condor backpack...Well now I am buying 2 packs :D And :( For my wallet.

As a side note, the lack of waistbelt it pretty normal on 3-day packs. Sternum straps are standard, basically, but on both my LBT Geronimo and Kifaru Marauder the waistbelt was extra (only have one for my Kifaru).

Hmmm...I love waist belts. I really couldnt put too much in a pack that didn't have waist packs. I even modded my current pack to have waist straps.

Try this one without it. IMHO it really doesnt need it mate.

EDIT:

I'm also of the opinion that if you put a SAPI plate inplace of the hydration carrier you could wear the bag on your front if you needed some urgent balistic protection....

Edited by xRAZERx
Try this one without it. IMHO it really doesnt need it mate.

EDIT:

I'm also of the opinion that if you put a SAPI plate inplace of the hydration carrier you could wear the bag on your front if you needed some urgent balistic protection....

I would just try that for the fun of it. Except I only have my "custom ducttape and carboard plates" But I am getting my weesatch so I wouldn't. If I was in a real combat situation that is.

The thing about waist-straps, and why most 3-day packs come without them (or at least without heavily-padded ones) is that...well...

...try wearing a pack over a load-bearing vest. Right, now try to fasten your wasitbelt around that. It f*cks with mag retention, mag extraction, and every other thing you got to perfection on your vest.

Basically, the thing I love about my Kifaru is that if I want to wear it over my vest, I can just take the waist-belt off. If not, I can put it on and tighten it up in no time.

Yeah but say you're in an airport one day and there's an active shooter. You could swing your pack round to your front and you're protected, because you won't have your Satch with you then...

:rofl:

I dont think I'll be buying myself SAPI plates anytime soon. Unless... O HAJI :D

The thing about waist-straps, and why most 3-day packs come without them (or at least without heavily-padded ones) is that...well...

...try wearing a pack over a load-bearing vest. Right, now try to fasten your wasitbelt around that. It f*cks with mag retention, mag extraction, and every other thing you got to perfection on your vest.

Basically, the thing I love about my Kifaru is that if I want to wear it over my vest, I can just take the waist-belt off. If not, I can put it on and tighten it up in no time.

Hmm...True. This will be great for thes big games. I might have to buy a medic pouch insert thingy for it.