What do you think about a hi-cap ban

Urban Duck

Should Hi-cap mags be banned  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hi-cap mags be banned

• Yes, they should only use standard and low caps
    • No, people shoud do whatever they want to
    • There should be ammo limits but no ban on hi-caps
    • Who would come up with such an idea like this?!

I live in Colorado, and to start off, airsoft here is overrun with political madness. It is discouraging new players from joining and is upsetting many people here. It basically is run by one guy, some like him, some don't.

Anyways, he has proposing a ban on all Hi-Cap mags and limiting all guns to standard magazines and the STAR 30 round mags.

He claims it will ad to the realism of the game, (i agree with him that i would) but there are some players here who cannot afford to buy all these mags and get by with one hi-cap.

What do you people think of his proposition?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this one man actually have any power or is it all just in his head?

He sounds a bit of a muppet to be honest. You should get people together to tell him hes an idiot and obviously set out why lo-caps only is a negative way to go. Most new guns now come with hi-caps and its too expensive as you said to have lo-caps only. Obviously if its a mil-sim game then obviously it makes sense, but for a normal skirmish it seems daft to be so strict and makes it harder got new players.

I agree with it whole heartedly. I think using hicaps is cheating. 130rd mid-caps are a good cutoff. Or only allowing one hicap.

Suggest to him to limit the ammount of ammunition a player can carry. 300 rds. Thats 1 hicap, 10 star mags, about 6 standard mags, or 3 mid-caps.

BTW, Grimsey, I'd hardly call $55 for a box of 10 mags expensive.

There are a couple of teams that support him.

however, these teams only consist of about 8 people.

The team im on consists of well over 60 people right now, and hopefully with the help of the US airsoft corps, we are going to get rid of all the political stuff and bring back the actual sport.

This guy claims to be helping the sport, creating all of these rules, like a minimum number of games a player has to play in before they can join a team.

He made this rule after the fact that our team has brought in new players to the sport

BTW, Grimsey, I'd hardly call $55 for a box of 10 mags expensive.

I guess not, though maybe for younger players it might be a bit expensive on top of getting the gun and stuff. Though how durable are they exactly? Could they last more than one skirmish?

I mean im in the process of getting lo-caps atm for my CA36 but if this happened where I live then I wouldnt of been allowed to play at my local skirmish site because all I had was the hi-cap which came with my gun. Just think its a little harsh on new players really. Maybe could run special days for new players and be less strict or something?

nope, sure isnt, heres a link to the COASG and the actual thread about baning the hi-caps

COASG hi-cap ban

Fair enough. Then this guy is a prat. Hi-caps aren't to do with realism, they are to do with practicality. I've tried using lo-caps and mid-caps. I own lo-caps and mid-caps. And I end up using a hi-cap instead. Just 1 or 2.

If this toolbar thinks he can legislate a sport into fairness, then he's a bigger ###### than he looks. What can he outlaw next? Suppressors? Speed loaders? Internal upgrades? Comfortable shoes?

I can't even be bothered to prattle out a cogent rant about this. I can only wonder how many sticks a human being can have rammed up their sphincter at anyone time, and then make immature accusations about breast-feeding during developmental childhood, or the lack of.

I think if you're going to pick holes in the realism of airsoft, you should probably start with the fact that it's not war, you aren't engaged in fatal combat, and that you fire 6mm BB's at eachother. Hi-caps are fairly low down on the 'List O' Realism' in that regard.

Fair enough. Then this guy is a prat. Hi-caps aren't to do with realism, they are to do with practicality. I've tried using lo-caps and mid-caps. I own lo-caps and mid-caps. And I end up using a hi-cap instead. Just 1 or 2.

If this toolbar thinks he can legislate a sport into fairness, then he's a bigger ###### than he looks. What can he outlaw next? Suppressors? Speed loaders? Internal upgrades? Comfortable shoes?

I can't even be bothered to prattle out a cogent rant about this. I can only wonder how many sticks one human being can have rammed up their sphincter at anyone time, and then make immature accusations about breast-feeding developmental childhood, or lack of.

I think if you're going to pick holes in the realism of airsoft, you should probably start with the fact that it's not war, you aren't engaged in fatal combat, and that you fire 6mm BB's at eachother. Hi-caps are fairly low down on the 'List O' Realism' in that regard.

You just said what alot of people feel like here

Since when was airsoft about realism?

Tell the guy that if he wants to hand out a box of star locaps to everybody who hands in a hicap you'll think about it.

Otherwise, don't play at sites that enforce these dumb rules.

Airsoft is about the majority of the people having fun for the majority of the time.

Sometimes we'll spend hours setting up a game with objectives and, in play, the teams will get into a huge firefight and the objectives are forgotten. Sometimes we'll be having a CTF game and the milsimmers will have to relax for a while.

Tell him to shove his ideas up his *albatross*.

well I know I won't be heading out to play airsoft in Colorado anytime soon if he's in charge...

I have 2 hi-caps and 3 standards... I run through my standards first then start on the hi-caps, or if the proverbial hits the fan I switch to my hi-cap a little bit sooner...

Just remember the golden rule to any endeavor... Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS), make it too complicated/expensive and nobody will want to join

How is this guy going to enforce his rules? Does he own all the airsoft fields in Colorado or something?

Anyone can make up rules, and if people don't like the rules, people just won't play with the rule maker, and then the rule maker will be forced to amend his/her rules if he still want to play others.

I personally thinks mid-cap is a good compromise between hi caps and low caps. I have no low cap, and only have hi caps that came with the guns. All the additional mags I buy are mid caps. I think airsoft players should be allowed to carry at least three times what a real soldier does ammo-wise, to compensate for the lack of accuracy and range of airsoft weapons unless it's CQB. I carry one hi cap, and 4 mid caps, and a side arm with me in woodland games, and I have never ran out of ammo in a single game (except those ones with endless respawning :lol: waste of ammo <_< don't play those too often).

Archived