What do you think about a hi-cap ban

Urban Duck

Should Hi-cap mags be banned  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hi-cap mags be banned

• Yes, they should only use standard and low caps
    • No, people shoud do whatever they want to
    • There should be ammo limits but no ban on hi-caps
    • Who would come up with such an idea like this?!

I said mags for rare guns aren't cheap.  In the real world, G3's aren't rare.  In the airsoft world they are.

Welcome to a place I like to call "the way things are".

No, not really. The Amount of CA33s, marui SG1s, MC51s and other G3 based variants is pretty staggering. Your move.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree that hi-caps whould be "banned", but I DO think there should be an ammunition limit at some fields. Because of guys with an AK and 5 hicaps (total of 3000 rds) that just lay steady fire. I think 1000 rds is a little much, but a good max ammount. that's 3 M4 hicaps AND a 100rd midcap. Or 14 M4 standard mags. MORE than enough. 33 Star mags... Get where I'm going with this?

Aaron

I just read a bit of that forum and that guy really DOES have a stick up his *albatross*.

TBH, I've never really understood the mentality behind "The other guy has a hicap/C-mag/boxmag so I need one as well to make things fair."

Cobblers.

It only takes ONE BB to get somebody out.

If you play in a proffesional manner and use realistic fieldcraft skills the biggest hicap in the world won't stop you from getting spanked.

If somebody is hosing and is winning then why SHOULD he stop?

His opposition is are the ones who need to come up with new tactics.

If he's hosing but getting hit out often then surely common sense tells him to change his tactics?

I don't agree that hi-caps whould be "banned", but I DO think there should be an ammunition limit at some fields.  Because of guys with an AK and 5 hicaps (total of 3000 rds) that just lay steady fire.  I think 1000 rds is a little much, but a good max ammount.  that's 3 M4 hicaps AND a 100rd midcap.  Or 14 M4 standard mags.  MORE than enough.  33 Star mags...  Get where I'm going with this?

Aaron

I agree there should be an ammo limit, but not to ban the hi-caps

No, not really.  The Amount of CA33s, marui SG1s, MC51s and other G3 based variants is pretty staggering.  Your move.

Where exactly is this? Where I play, and where most other people play, M4's diminate, followed by MP5s and AKs. There aren't many G3s out there. Sure there may be a grand total of 5,000 G3 owners. Out of 60,000 AEG owners. I've only actually SEEN 5 G3s in WA in the last 5 years, and that is counting 2 PSG1s.

Aaron

I just read a bit of that forum and that guy really DOES have a stick up his *albatross*.

TBH, I've never really understood the mentality behind "The other guy has a hicap/C-mag/boxmag so I need one as well to make things fair."

Cobblers.

It only takes ONE BB to get somebody out.

If you play in a proffesional manner and use realistic fieldcraft skills the biggest hicap in the world won't stop you from getting spanked.

If somebody is hosing and is winning then why SHOULD he stop?

His opposition is are the ones who need to come up with new tactics.

If he's hosing but getting hit out often then surely common sense tells him to change his tactics?

And irnoically, the guy who's trying to ban hi-caps is supposed to be experience player that knows tactics, and the ones hosing are supposed to be noobs who can't afford extra mags except the hi-cap that came with his/her M15. :rolleyes: It seems that the experienced player with tactics is threatened by the hosing tactics noobs use. ;)

Does this one man actually have any power or is it all just in his head?

He sounds a bit of a muppet to be honest. You should get people together to tell him hes an idiot and obviously set out why lo-caps only is a negative way to go. Most new guns now come with hi-caps and its too expensive as you said to have lo-caps only. Obviously if its a mil-sim game then obviously it makes sense, but for a normal skirmish it seems daft to be so strict and makes it harder got new players.

[/quot

Obviously thats pretty obvious in an obvious manner. Was the sarcasm obvious enough?

Anyways, I don't think lo-caps are a negative way to go, but you can't ban hi-caps. The reasons have been said numerous times before, but I started with a hi-cap. Then I got a steady job, and bought some STAR mags. Even then, if I could afford lo-caps,t eh real problem would be in buying gear. Unless you want to try and stuff 10+ mags into your pockets, this won't work. So, I don't think its a good idea. Besides, how does this *beep* have any power over deciding who plays with what kind of mag?

man, people just don't seem to get it that no matter how real you try to make airsoft your still shooting plastic BBs

I personally have an AUG and use one highcap and one lowcap. Most games I just use the hi.

I like limited ammo for large organized games, it does tend to make the game play different. I however do not think that any one man should have control over what is allowed in a state for colorado or any state for that matter.

The funny think is that people that come out with more than one hi cap and then hold the trigger down for 10 seconds at a time is that, single shot and good accuracy will probibly get you more kills. Its kinda funny how little I actaully full auto.

Obviously thats pretty obvious in an obvious manner. Was the sarcasm obvious enough?

Anyways, I don't think lo-caps are a negative way to go, but you can't ban hi-caps. The reasons have been said numerous times before, but I started with a hi-cap. Then I got a steady job, and bought some STAR mags. Even then, if I could afford lo-caps,t eh real problem would be in buying gear. Unless you want to try and stuff 10+ mags into your pockets, this won't work. So, I don't think its a good idea. Besides, how does this *beep* have any power over deciding who plays with what kind of mag?

Heh didn't realise I used obviously so much as I edited it twice to add more to it :unsure:

Anyways I agree with what you said, It would be difficult to carry so many magazines and would require people to buy more kit.

Honestly no, not really.  If reality for airsoft means no hicaps, and only people with money to buy that many mags just for getting the gun they LIKE, then I honestly dont wish to be involved anymore.

I'm crying right now. Litterally. That is so moving. As soon as you're done with that soap-box can I borrow it.

By that logic, Germany should just give up being an armed country. It's just not fair, afterall. They don't want to play anymore.

Aaron

I don't think people who are nitpicking what kind of mags others use (or what kind of gear others wear in other discussions) have grabbed the essence of airsoft, and they are probably not really having fun playing airsoft. To them, airsoft has become a drag.

Unfortunately, no one could be told what airsoft is, and he/she will just have to take the red pill to find out...ahem...right, back to topic: no I don't think hi cap should be banned, and most of the people I play use exclusively hi caps, and I have no problem going up against them with my load out.

Archived