What do you think about a hi-cap ban

Urban Duck

Should Hi-cap mags be banned  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hi-cap mags be banned

• Yes, they should only use standard and low caps
    • No, people shoud do whatever they want to
    • There should be ammo limits but no ban on hi-caps
    • Who would come up with such an idea like this?!

Hey, if someone wants to come out with a buttload of highcaps and go full auto crazy, he can, I'll just duck down or move why he is making all that noise then pick him off when he stops. Beside, I've found that some people get hi-cap weary after playing airsoft for a while, then they wish to add an element in their airsoft playing, which usually means realism.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man, people just don't seem to get it that no matter how real you try to make airsoft your still shooting plastic BBs

one of the best points made in this thread. expvideo keeps talking about reality and trying to create some connection to airsoft with it. airsoft has some reality to it, but it doesnt come close to the thing its imitating which is war. in airsoft, when you get nailed in the head with a bb, you just walk off the feild, in war when you get nailed with a live round your down and out for the count. getting rid of hicaps wont do sh*t when you still gonna play with a magazine that holds 130 rounds.

and as lots of others keep pointing out, its gonna cost a lot of $$$ to switch to standrd mags, and for someone like me who doesnt have a job or a steady income, that creates a problem.

also, a poll should be posted that asks airsofters whether or not they think hi-caps should be in use, and then send it to that pencil d1ck who came up with the idea.

What blood?  Youve only succeeded in proving to me that you're views in airsoft are pompous and inflated.  Feel free to take this up with me in PM if you care to pursue it further, but I will stay away from this subject in the interest of the thread topic.

You're talking to a guy who plays a different version of airosft.

In his games it's OK to pistol whip the opposition or attack them with a real knife.

He's "special". ;)

What blood?  Youve only succeeded in proving to me that you're views in airsoft are pompous and inflated.  Feel free to take this up with me in PM if you care to pursue it further, but I will stay away from this subject in the interest of the thread topic.

This IS the thread topic. I would PM, but my box is almost full. And I am enjoying this debate. Personally I think we have differing views on Airsoft, as Shao has pointed out, in that you think it's unfair to expect people to have to buy all of this stuff. My view is that I don't care about the newbs. If they want to play my sport they are welcome to it, but I don't want to play with people in jeans carrying a g36 and one hicap. I want to play against guys in camo. Because I am a MilSimmer. you are not. This is why we are fighting.

Hicaps has always been a hot subject, and always for the same reasons. There is no point in us fighting about it. I am arguing with you because I want to argue. It's what I do. It gets me off. Whatever. If you don't want to then fine. We'll just cut the next 7 pages of both making good points, and skip to the end, where we agree to disagree.

Aaron

This IS the thread topic.  I would PM, but my box is almost full.  And I am enjoying this debate.  Personally I think we have differing views on Airsoft, as Shao has pointed out, in that you think it's unfair to expect people to have to buy all of this stuff.  My view is that I don't care about the newbs.  If they want to play my sport they are welcome to it, but I don't want to play with people in jeans carrying a g36 and one hicap.  I want to play against guys in camo.  Because I am a MilSimmer.  you are not.  This is why we are fighting.

Hicaps has always been a hot subject, and always for the same reasons.  There is no point in us fighting about it.  I am arguing with you because I want to argue.  It's what I do.  It gets me off.  Whatever.  If you don't want to then fine.  We'll just cut the next 7 pages of both making good points, and skip to the end, where we agree to disagree.

Aaron

I was sort of being the devils advocate myself. And I would love to continue over PM, but cannot for the same reasons as yourself. But this argument isnt central to the issue, and will definitely agree to disagree and call it that.

I propose that if you get hit in airsoft you are no longer allowed to play because real life dictates if you get shot you dont get back up. Honestly this guy is a turd.

1) He is alienating all the people who dont have the ability to buy STAR mags. The hell if Im going to sell a $300 gun because some moron wants realism

2)I absolutely hate people who impose their ideals on others. If him and his friends want to ban something, go right ahead, I wont play with them but dont stick your ideas on me

3) I like realism and mil sim but I also like having a good time. Sometimes I want to carry 600 more rounds so Im not running between the staging area and the fire fight

4) I would be down for a game using only low caps. Look what John Lu did with Op Irene, AEGs were limited in ammo count and FPS and SAWs got bonuses to that. But that was a total mil sim environment. I would love playing a few games like that, but its not as if he said "Anyone who even owns a 400fps gun cant play." No he made one rule for one game, not a blanket ban

5) For the 10000th time this guy has no power. He started airsoft in Colorado, give me a *fruitcage* break. Who did he shoot at? Sounds like a little kid "I started that trend" He started airsoft in colorado and I invented the question mark.

expvideo

if they want to play my sport they are welcome to it...

first off, its not your sport you selfish sonuvab1tch, and anyone who wants to play with whatever they have is welcome too, second of all your not special becuz your a 'milsimmer', your still a person, and an airsofter just like everyone else in these forums.

expvideo

if they want to play my sport they are welcome to it...

first off, its not your sport you selfish sonuvab1tch, and anyone who wants to play with whatever they have is welcome too, second of all your not special becuz your a 'milsimmer', your still a person, and an airsofter just like everyone else in these forums.

WOW! Get off you're 14 year old high-horse. You missed my point entirely. Read the rest of my post, dickweed. It's called a uck-ing opinion.

And don't quote me out of context. I can tell from the way you type that I'm smarter than you. So just walk away, or prepair for pwnage.

Aaron

Cool it, boomboomairsoft, I do too suggest you read through the whole thread before making another post.

I propose that if you get hit in airsoft you are no longer allowed to play because real life dictates if you get shot you dont get back up. Honestly this guy is a turd.

I thought that was a given. You don't play like that? I played a few games with respawning, but that requires a totally different strategy, more like the suicide bombers' strategy. :P

IMO, who cares if there is a guy with an AK running around w/ 10 hicaps! to need 6,000 shots, or even anything more than 1,000 he must have

a) terrible aim to need that many rounds or

B) just has them because he has sum good money, in which this case tactics need to be altered. not to hard to do, IMO

also, once again, the price issue comes up. expvideo, I don't know if ur are super rich, or super poor, but some of the teens like me that aren't old enough for a decent job, barely hav enough money for the gun let alone 300 or so rounds worth of lowcaps, or 3 or so mid-caps, and a vest/pouch to hold all of those mags. the only reason I got the SRC-4 in the end instead of a P90 for my first AEG was because I couldn't quite scrounge up the money in the end for the gun, hicap, battery, and charger, which all ended up being $100 more than all the same things w/ the SRC-4. I couldn't afford the P90. so forcing people to go buy a bunckh of lowcaps/ midcaps plus sumething to hold them w/ is basically saying, "u have to have a bunch of money to play airsoft," which in my case, and many others who get hicaps w/ their guns, wasn't true. taking out hicaps is just scaring away other players and unnescessary, IMO

my 2 cents

edit: i'm not trying to prove neone wrong when i say this, put sum1 down, or be nasty about this, just stating my opinion

-Lightning10

wow this has turned from a friendly question to a nasty argument

So we either get back to the friendly discussion on people's opinion about hi-cap ban, or I can close the discussion.

The original poster merely asks for people's opinions, not what kind of actions to take against the guy in Colorado. Also, no personal insults please if others' views differ from yours.

IMO, who cares if there is a guy with an AK running around w/ 10 hicaps!  to need 6,000 shots, or even anything more than 1,000 he must have

a) terrible aim to need that many rounds or

B) just has them because he has sum good money, in which this case tactics need to be altered.  not to hard to do, IMO

also, once again, the price issue comes up. expvideo, I don't know if ur are super rich, or super poor, but some of the teens like me that aren't old enough for a decent job, barely hav enough money for the gun let alone  300 or so rounds worth of lowcaps, or 3 or so mid-caps, and a vest/pouch to hold all of those mags.  the only reason I got the SRC-4 in the end instead of a P90 for my first AEG was because I couldn't quite scrounge up the money in the end for the gun, hicap, battery, and charger, which all ended up being $100 more than all the same things w/ the SRC-4. I couldn't afford the P90.  so forcing people to go buy a bunckh of lowcaps/ midcaps plus sumething to hold them w/ is basically saying, "u have to have a bunch of money to play airsoft," which in my case, and many others who get hicaps w/ their guns, wasn't true.  taking out hicaps is just scaring away other players and unnescessary, IMO

my 2 cents

-Lightning10

I agree with you, however, I so you know, I am super-poor. Just thought I would throw that in.

And if you need someone to say it, then I will. You have to have a bunch of money to play airsoft. It sucks. But it's the truth. I don't have a bunch of money. That is why a decent loadout has taken me years to make. I am a very poor person, who usually doesn't make it to the games because I can't afford the gas, or even the BBs. So I'm not trying to come off as hating poor people. I'm in the same boat.

Aaron

I agree with you, however, I so you know, I am super-poor.  Just thought I would throw that in.

And if you need someone to say it, then I will.  You have to have a bunch of money to play airsoft.  It sucks.  But it's the truth.  I don't have a bunch of money.  That is why a decent loadout has taken me years to make.  I am a very poor person, who usually doesn't make it to the games because I can't afford the gas, or even the BBs.  So I'm not trying to come off as hating poor people.  I'm in the same boat.

Aaron

That goes with alot of airsofters here

They can only afford the bare minimum, and they are expected to buy a bunch of low caps? :waggle:

That goes with alot of airsofters here

They can only afford the bare minimum, and they are expected to buy a bunch of low caps?  :waggle:

On the other hand, if you have the money to buy more mags, are you going to buy a low cap or another hi cap? ;) It's not really a money issue, you know. Like I said earlier, most of the people I play use hi cap exclusively not because they can't affort low caps, they just choose to buy more hi caps if they have the money.

Archived