What do you think about a hi-cap ban

Urban Duck

Should Hi-cap mags be banned  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hi-cap mags be banned

• Yes, they should only use standard and low caps
    • No, people shoud do whatever they want to
    • There should be ammo limits but no ban on hi-caps
    • Who would come up with such an idea like this?!

Up to this point most of our policies haven't been that big of a deal, and have had a great deal of conversation at games. In my team (a private forum) we discuss stuff like this a great length, and being that I'm the team Rep, I put our TEAMs thoughts out.

While we would like for EVERYONE to play with us, we also realize that you can NEVER please everyone. Everyone is welcome, non-members can currently play at our events (and do) if they sign our liablity waiver, and abide by the correct rules. So it is open, the differnce in being a member is that you get a voice, not to sound like an *albatross*...but if your not a member your opinion is null and void as far as the org. is concerned. Our Average age of of our players is i would guess 25ish. We have alot of 14 year olds, and teens, but at the same time we have alot of people in their 30s and 40s. All playing on one field.

While many of the players do use the High Caps, they do tend to be the younger more gunho players. The Vets and older players tend to use Standards. So it was somewhat of a split.

The other thing is, as far as the laying down m60 fire with an MP5k, we already have a list of those guns, and EVERYONE accepted that just fine. So thats already clear cut.

Any other concerns I can address...but its of to Recitition

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in an odd modd today but it really does sound to me like a case of someone got owned by a highcap so lets ban them...

I know lets not only ban highcaps, lets make everyone use the same camo, and march in line, and salute and have the same rifle...

I play airsoft because I want to enjoy myself. If I wanted ammo limits and crazy policies I'd go to work.

I know lets not only ban highcaps, lets make everyone use the same camo, and march in line, and salute and have the same rifle...

I play airsoft because I want to enjoy myself. If I wanted ammo limits and crazy policies I'd go to work.

My sentiments exactly.

I really can't see how anybody who enjoyed events such as AG can condone any kind of arbitrary rules.

I DO understand that the games have the option of over-riding the guidelines but the very existence of those guidelines shows the organisers prejudices.

"Black people are banned - Game organisers may override this guideline if they choose to."

Your idea of Airsoft Enjoyment possibly ISN'T the same as everyone else...

Lets make Everyone Use High caps and spray BBs...I wouldn't like that either, because its not Milsimish. The THING IS, COASG IS A MILSIM GROUP. YOU HAVE THE F****** CHOICE TO PLAY WITH US....there are other types of games that are simply just for fun...

Some of you just don't get it...and never will.

Sounds like the biggest load of rubbish to me

wot did some1 just decide "oH Noes I Got tEh pwNz By NobZ wIv t3H hi-C4ps BAN BAN"

i mean wot about all the support gun players out there O.o ?

if they like mil-sim so much then why not just play milsim at their own site instead of annoying every1 else...... i for one wouldnt like to be reduced to a few 30-round mags because i was told to (not that i hose anyway)

just because a random few play mil-sim dosnt mean every1 else has to

In all honesty I think that is a ###### idea! The only good I see in it would be for realism - But one man can't change an entire state rules with what he wants and when he wants - tis stupid!

Don't listen to the BSh*tter! Is he a dictator? Will he kill you all with real steel weapons if you don't comply with his rules? No I think not!

Where in Colarado do you live?

If you like mil-sim, use Stars. And lead by example. If you don't, then use whatever. This is how I play. I go into a game with 10 star mags, and 1 300rd hicap, incase I run out. That's 600 rds. I play against people that carry 3000rds on the field. That is my choice. I like that that is my choice. I don't want someone telling me to do that, any more than I want to tell everyone else to use Star mags.

Sure I'll suggest it. But suggesting, or recommending, is not the same as passing legislation. If you want Airsoft to be more challenging, use Star mags. If you think Airsoft is hard enough already, use hicaps.

Now can we drop this? Could someone please lock this thread, as it will never die on it's own, and it has been discussed to all hell and back already... everywhere.

Aaron

EDIT: I should mention that my team (still getting started) only uses lo-caps and real-caps. That is a team decision. We don't make the rules for everyone on the field, nor do we want to. Just the rules for our team.

If you like mil-sim, use Stars.  And lead by example.  If you don't, then use whatever.  This is how I play.  I go into a game with 10 star mags, and 1 300rd hicap, incase I run out.  That's 600 rds.  I play against people that carry 3000rds on the field.  That is my choice.  I like that that is my choice.  I don't want someone telling me to do that, any more than I want to tell everyone else to use Star mags.

Sure I'll suggest it.  But suggesting, or recommending, is not the same as passing legislation.  If you want Airsoft to be more challenging, use Star mags.  If you think Airsoft is hard enough already, use hicaps.

Now can we drop this?  Could someone please lock this thread, as it will never die on it's own, and it has been discussed to all hell and back already... everywhere.

Aaron

EDIT: I should mention that my team (still getting started) only uses lo-caps and real-caps.  That is a team decision.  We don't make the rules for everyone on the field, nor do we want to.  Just the rules for our team.

Yes, it seems now all the arguments from both sides have been thoroughly presented, and some new people just come in this thread without reading what has been discussed and what has been clarified about the Colorado airsoft organization, and they just start posting the same thing that's been said in earlier pages.

Seems reasonable now to close this. Anyone still has more reasonable arguments about the issue, feel free to let me know via PM, and I can add it in here, but if you are just repeating what has been said in earlier pages, your PM to me will be ignored.

At the request of JonathonBarton, who wrote the following:

first of all, i came to these forums because i wanted to get an opinion from the rest of the airsoft world.

Fair enough...

Interesting that you choose to present a one-sided argument, rather than trying to see what a fair and balanced presentation might get you...

Interesting that you choose to not invite any other locals into the discussion, particularly those that disagree with you...

Interesting that you choose to share your opinion in a "world forum", yet also chooe not to share your own opinions in the lively local discussion going on...where your opinion actually does count for something...

I am definently not the only one here in Colorado complaining about the political "horsepuckey".

Didn't say you weren't...but there is a lot of discussion going on regarding said "horsepuckey" that is helping resolve a lot of misunderstandings, and helping a lot of consensus be reached... But you're not bothering to participate in the process. By remaining silent, you're giving up every opportunity handed to you to voice your opinion...

You've gotta put in your two cents in order to get change...

Compared to other states, like ohio for example, airsoft sucks.

Yeah, good comparison...

Ohio is pushing 12 million residents.

Colorado has just over 4 million.

Combine the population of just the two cities of Cleveland and Cincinatti, Ohio, and you have more people than are in the whole *state* of Colorado.

Yep, good choice for a comparison, there.

A better comparison might be Minnesota, Louisiana, or Alabama...at least you have roughly the same number of people that *can* be Airsofters... Ya think Ohio might have 3 times as many airsofters just because they have 3 times as many people?

Turnout sucks, because airsoft here is divided into so many groups.

Two Groups is "so many groups"?

One that is a "Player Association" with few rules and not much structure, and there are a few players that prefer that style exclusively. (Interesting that you did not disclose to the world in general that you are also a Moderator of this group...but I digress...)

One that is a dedicated "MilSim" group with more rules and more structure driven by the Majority Rule nature of the organization. There are a few players that prefer that style exclusively, as well...

But the majority of players in Colorado belong to both forums, and attend games hosted by both groups...so much so that the two groups could be considered two sides of the same coin. Even more so when you consider that the "President"/Admin of the Player Association is also the Vice President of the Milsim organization...

In any case, you're entitled to your opinion...I just wish you'd share it where it can count...

Archived