The look of XM's?

onidemonXLR

Hows the look of the XM8 style rifles compared to Armalites  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Hows the look of the XM8 style rifles compared to Armalites

• They look beautiful and are a beacon of the future. I like them
    • BAH! they look like plasticed up weenie versions of the good old American firearm the AR-15!
    • They look like Hamburgers
    • They look like fish and might taste good with chips!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

psst hey guys he's about to make fun of the SEALs, get your MP5's ready. no, wait we cant use those. Dont give Sledge the satisfaction we are using HK's!

*ray of light and cloud come down

YAY! we got new M16s from God!

ONi

EDIT:

Lance Jackass, i hereby sentence you to swim in a sea of SA80's *bangs gavel*

*gaurds drag lance off, ignoring his agonized screams of not being able to finish his ArniePotter book.

Fine points all around.

My opinion is this:

I've always felt the M16/Armalites to be dodgy. I've read all kinds of accounts of them being very tempermental, although Im sure that varies by make.

What I do know is this. To the point that these are not battle tested- This rifle has actually seen plenty of action in Serbia and Montenegro in its previous (and much nicer looking) incarnation as the G36. The KSK carried out a vast number of operations, and there was plenty of engagement. The KSK has operated in a number of other theatres as well, including modern Iraq, and the battles in Afghanistan. The G36 definitely has it's share of battle use, and since the XM8 is just the G36 crammed into an ugly body, I have to say it's got its merits.

What I do not know is why the military doesnt just adopt the G36, if theyre so interested in it. They seem to be spending alot of time and money to reformat it, when the original format isnt that bad in the first place.

Just my views

Brandon

onidemonXLR Posted Today, 05:01 PM

then may the the devil come to Arniegedon and rain armalites on all you brits.

It's always nice to hear of us Brits (looks over shoulder for Anti-British PC Brigade Death Squads) still being called Brits instead of being called...(takes a VERY deep breathe)....European (vomits violently).

It's always nice to hear of us Brits (looks over shoulder for Anti-British PC Brigade Death Squads) still being called Brits instead of being called...(takes a VERY deep breathe)....European (vomits violently).

:lol:

*vomits*

BRIT! *vomit* BR- *vomit* IT! *vomit*

Armalite FTW!

btw, does anyone know how to change the member title, i just got 501 posts :)

ONi

Some sort of Euro vs British Armed Forces war going on here that i am becoming part of? :blink:

Just wanted to point out that the US Army's XM8 / XM29 OICW programs have been suspended since September. A fact that may be used in which ever argument you can back up.

I spose i could join this argument as long as it stays good-natured :).

I dunno hich side to join though :P ...spose since the flag under my picture is british...damn...

1. The Colt .45 is one of the most reliable pistols ever and has the one of the largest numbers of derivatives among any pistol ever. All the double stackers and SVIs etc.

The nearest contemporary gun available for comparison is the P-08 luger parabellum. I know i like the Colt .45 more :P

2. The M16 in its present form is considered one of the best assault rifles in the world. Although it is not as reliable as the AK-47 or 74, it is still a reliable rifle.

The nearest contemporary comparison of the AR-15 or original M16 the british had was the L1 SLR or FN Fal. This was introduced in 1950s and is also reliable, accurate and comfortable, just like the M16. But instead it used the 7.62 round rather than the 5.56. This means it is incredibly uncontrollable. in full-auto.

Its down to personal preference. I like the FN FAL more than the M16 because its "different to the norm" nowadays and fires a 7.62 round.

But i also like the US Colt .45 over any european equivalent because its action is "normal" compared to all the modern pistols out there. No pulling back that ugly breechblock.

But to say wars were won by one particular gun is a bit silly since another gun would have risen to the job if that one had not existed.

And as said by onidemonXLR, an older gun is not neccesarily inferior - a 7.62 round from a M1 garand is just as likely to kill you as a 5.56 from an M16A4 - if not more so because its bigger.

cheers. H&K

Don't know what side to join? :o

Is that a British Flag I see under your country of residence? :)

(whispers quitely) I'll give you a rep point if you join the British Side ;)  ;)

lol. i would be on the british side if i had to chose, but i would rather chose the side i think is right. and since that is the british anyway....*ahem* :P

i think the XM8 is a bit of a toy gun, but then most of the new "state of the art" guns these days are. XM29, AICW, ACR etc are. All this use of plastics. They just dont look lethal anymore. :(

H&K

I have to stick up for our german brenthen, although there was some nasty articles in the german army during world two didn't they take over most of Europe in a few short years?

If you ask me for combat weapons the Germans,Italians and the Russians have it. Thing about 1911A1 is that old designs have time to be resigned and improved apon. Lee Enfield nice looking rifle but i prefare the KAR 98, and the MP40 makes me drool. While an M16 would'nt be that bad i choose a different weapon for combat.

Two rifles from America really stand out from America they are the Thompson and BAR, effective then and could hold their own now

Ok.... Uh, Sledge, i have to ask

on point 6, how did this thread make the US military admit that American guns suck. Were AMERICANS you know we never admit to anything when weve done it wrong ^_^. jk jk. Anyway... keep 'er posting people.

My counter points

1.) the XM8 is so far unbattle tested

2.) How many wars have been fought with HK's?

3.) How are Armalites crappy (and dont give me that "they jam all the time" ######. Thats only with high carbon BLANK rounds <_<

erm it is battle tested and made the m16 family look like poo.

Multipule wars. The HK g3a3 is the most widly used 308 caliber rifle in the world.

They jam all the time with sub par ammo. They are very limited in support and sniper roles. and did i mention the jam with subpar ammo.

Archived