I was wondering since so many newbs come on and get flamed for not searching and stuff perhaps to make it easy for them.

When you create an account you receive a welcome PM, like those welcome emails from hotmail when you create s new email.

It could include links to certain topics. Advice on searching and a general welcome and restates certain forum rules. Also explains rep system and such.

Just a thought I do not know if it is even possible. Just thought iy would cut down on the flamings.

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

That is a very interesting idea. I don't know if a "PM" would be the best though. Perhaps we could have a "thread" that would have to be accessed before the said n00b would be able to see the regular boards.

So when they make a new account, you must read through this "thread" tutorial and it gives them a basic understanding of how the site works, tips on searching, how to format text in their post, how to use spell checker...etc

Or make it like a license agreement :D. That way if they click the "Yes I have read and understand the terms and conditions" button, they would be liable for any stupid threads and or mistakes when it comes to forum use.

Good idea!

~P