M1a Scout

dunno abt tht but i think he now has a policy of not doing modding on people's stuff anymore... he only offers to new make stuff.

The only thing tht I want for the gun but not available is this stock:

Scout1.jpg

Edited by FUmiYAsu
eexcellent! great pics too!

nice job!

the stock youre afer - looks like a Troy job [the star version of the troy stock i think has been discontinued. this is the SOPMOD II version, with a simpler drop-in style stock]

Actually, it's a mcmillan stock:

http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan/tactical...s14.asp#options

It's just basically a DMR stock but modded with rails and a foldable AR15 compatible butt stock.

I can imagine this working with a little change in the diameter in the stock tube to fit the end of the motor (disabling the foldable stock) and then a crane stock to hold the battery.. But that's more like a dream... I will be just as happy if they just make the DMR stock for the TM M14.. :P

It's just basically a DMR stock but modded with rails and a foldable AR15 compatible butt stock.

I can imagine this working with a little change in the diameter in the stock tube to fit the end of the motor (disabling the foldable stock) and then a crane stock to hold the battery.. But that's more like a dream... I will be just as happy if they just make the DMR stock for the TM M14.. :P

my bad. ive seen about two or three variations of the 'new' troy stock anyway, but they all seem to resemble this configuration..

well, now you've got yourself a way to make one...the DMR stock runs around 400ish USD...

I dunno... Importing the stock to the UK might be problematic...and then I still need to mod it, they probably have some sort of metal structure inside the stock to fix the stock tube in place which would make it hard to make a hole for the motor..even if the tube is only held in place by two screws (see the pic on the McM site) the two screws would be directly in the path of the motor... I could get the DMR stock, saw it off and try to mod it tht way but again fixing the tube would be hard since the motor and gearbox is in the way.. You will have to embed part of the stock tube to fix it in, it is possible for airsoft manufacturers who can make the composite part themself but not quite possible for modding from a existing stock..

I could just get the the DMR then hollow it and use it tht way but importing would still be a problem..

oikoik  Posted Today, 12:04 AM

my bad. ive seen about two or three variations of the 'new' troy stock anyway, but they all seem to resemble this configuration..

Just saw this:

http://www.troyind.com/modular_stock_system.htm

probably wht you were thinking of...Looks nice but now that I've gone the TM way, I think I should a more traditional looking stock.. unless someone make drop in stock for the tm M14... :P

Edited by FUmiYAsu

Acutally I think I prefer the Troy SOPMOD over EBR as I like it shorter...but I just had to have select fire... Would have been a lot easier for me if STAR decided to put a fire selector in...

Anyway, the krylon paint arrived today...

CIMG1126Medium.jpg

CIMG1125Medium.jpg

Too bad they sold out the dark brown ones which means I had to use medium brown...

I was trying to copy this partly:

optacticalgear_1866_65789174.jpg

Now all I need is a nice sling and eotech to finish the look off...or possibly a stock if manufacturer comes out with a drop in one...

Edited by FUmiYAsu