Evike.com's Matrix Ak-47 Review

david3558

Today, I drove by Evike's retail store, after notcing their item had a price drop from $80 to $60. Instead of the black version, it is a wood version(imitation). It is getting quite late now, so I will do a quick review, but be sure to return, as I will do a more comprehensive one.

NOTE: Only 80 pcs. of the Matrix AK-47 are available at the time being.

Scale out of ten:

Solidity;Construction: 9

Weight: 10

Quality:8.5

Imitation Wood: 9 (better than Tokyo Marui's)

Accuracy: 10

Strength; Speed: 7

PROS:

-Comes with a "smart" charger

-Comes with a mini battery with a large plug head

-Metal!!!

-Metal Magazine

-SOLID

-SO FRICKIN ACCURATE

-500-600 Rounds Per Minute

-TOTALLY COMPATIBLE WITH TOKYO MARUI

CONS:

-At first, kind of hard to open the baseplate of the full stock (I suggest covering with a cloth, and tapping with hammer, then put back on and repeat until the plastic is loosened)

-Small battery

-Not to strong

-Cheap sling (who cares?)

What can you expect for 60 dollars? For another 100 bucks I could put in a V.3 TM gearbox. This is totally compatible with Tokyo Marui parts. However the stock for some reason only holds a small battery. After reading the manual, it turns out this "generic" Chinese company has also made a AK-47S (folding stock) version of this gun, that is why the styrofoam has imprints of it. Get it while you can, I swear you wont be angry? It is the best spent $60 so far this year...

GET IT!!!

https://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...AEG_Matrix_AK47

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned that in the post, its fully compatible with TM parts (I was able to put in my friend's TM Ak's parts into it. So even though it is 200-250 fps only, it is like a high quality "LPEG".

ALSO:

This gun has a tightbore, that is why it is so accurate, don't use crappy bbs.

I just ordered one. With tax + shipping to CA via UPS 3-day the total was $77.49

You'll be hearing from me on it later in the week. :)

Hmm, I wonder if the gears are plastic, or just the gearbox shell. If it's just the shell then this might be a reasonable addition.

Speaking of metal, I too would like to know if it's full metal, or of the receiver is plastic like the TM.

If the UTG comes out and seems more compelling, this will make a great gift at least.

Holy ######, in California today its raining, after adjusting hopup and shooting .2s at a light post's light, i can hit it from nearly 100 ft away WITH RAIN!!, I can hear the plink. Trust me the quality is really good, ill get pictures loaded up. The bathroom scale, shows that it is 7 pounds.

And as for the black one, Evike told me that he spraypainted it.

And this is not UTG, I'm pretty sure its the metal AK, that BigPhish038 mentioned earlier. And no, its not the XL aK-47 (FROM JUNGLETOY).

ALso, it appears that under the receiver cover, is a secured piece of metal the size of a stick battery which adds more wieght. ALso, it appeards that the stock can be hollowed out, because it is filled with a spongy material. I dont think the reciever is metal, altough it feels and looks like it.

I will get pictures up.

Archived