Attn: Marui DE Hardkick owner required.

Hissing_Sid

If i've read this right ( had to much Redbull, bit jittery ) it must be the mag. When the mag is in it must push something upwards which completes the cocking cycle. If the mag is not in and you cock it ( why the hell you would want to I don't know ) some part of the mech. must not make contact.

Wish I wasn't so far frrom my lovely Eagles!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If i've read this right ( had to much Redbull, bit jittery ) it must be the mag. When the mag is in it must push something upwards which completes the cocking cycle. If the mag is not in and you cock it ( why the hell you would want to I don't know ) some part of the mech. must not make contact.

Wish I wasn't so far frrom my lovely Eagles!

No I don't think so.

When the mag is pushed in, the gas release value pushes up the firing pin slightly. When I half-cock the hammer, the firing pin is still pushed up as the tip of it is still resting on the top of the gas release value. When I fully cock the hammer the firing pin is pulled back far enough to spring back down in line with the gas release value and thus fires the fun when you pull the trigger.

I guess the gas release value could be longer on some mags which could cause this... on both mine the gas release value is about 1mm short of the side of the mag.

Archived