Attn: Marui DE Hardkick owner required.

Hissing_Sid

I just need a DE HK owner to try something and tell me what happens.

Gas up a mag.

Do NOT insert it in the gun.

Rack the slide.

Pull the trigger.

You now should have a fully decocked gun.

Insert the mag.

Cock the hammer with your thumb.

Pull the trigger.

Does the gun fire?

Mine doesn't.

For the life of me I can't see why not. I can't see any difference between the cocking action when the slide does it and when you cock the hammer with your thumb.

Mine only fires shoots when you cock the gun by racking the slide, thus replicating the act of loading a bullet into the breech.

Pretty cool, huh? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think spoon has it on the nail there. There's an awful lot of gbbs out there that, for whatever silly reason, don't have the hammer connected to the internal valve-pushing assemblage. It's just there, sadly, for show.

still, what the hey, its still a mighty cool pistol :)

I beleive the Desert Eagle = Single action. (thus, requiring the slide to be cocked.)

The SIG 226 is double action - meaning, after the first shot, even if you de-cock the gun using the lever, when you pull the trigger, the gun will fire. (Just, an extended trigger pull.)

TM High capa, single action as well.

The SIG has to have link from the trigger, to the hammer because of the decocking lever. And the whole fact the real gun, is also double action too. This goes with *most* berettas well.

yeah, its like the KSC/KWA berettas (apart from the m93r) have working hammer/safety decockers- you put the safety on, and the hammer falls, or you take the safety off, and the hammer can be cocked and used to fire. Makes it possible to have your gun unsafetied in your holster but with out having the hammer cocked ready for an accidental discharge to the ankle :(

I dunno, I just like that feature. For some reason, all the TM and TM-based m9s don't have this feature. shame.

I've yet to see any GBB with a cosmetic hammer, if this is the case with the TM HK Desert Eagle it's fairly unique in this respect.

Just so I get what you are saying, the gun functions like a real pistol would, because obviously you can't insert a magazine in the real gun and start firing away, because there is not yet a round in the chamber.

Where as with most any GBB, you can insert a gassed up magazine in the gun and start firing away once the hammer is cocked because you don't need to load a round.

The question is, was Marui trying to make the gun like this, or is the hammer just cosmetic as previously mentioned?

I beleive the Desert Eagle = Single action. (thus, requiring the slide to be cocked.)

The SIG 226 is double action - meaning, after the first shot, even if you de-cock the gun using the lever, when you pull the trigger, the gun will fire. (Just, an extended trigger pull.)

TM High capa, single action as well.

The SIG has to have link from the trigger, to the hammer because of the decocking lever. And the whole fact the real gun, is also double action too. This goes with *most* berettas well.

I don't think you get what sid is saying. He is saying that once you put a gassed up magazine into the gun, and cock the hammer by hand, the gun will still not fire. I've yet to see another gun that doesn't fire with a gassed up mag when the hammer is manually cocked.

not being sarcastic but why is it cool?

In my opinion it's cool, becuase it functions like a real pistol would.

I find it a, very small, pain as I often just fire off a shot to cock the mechanism.

I suppose it IS more realistic, I'd never thought of it that way.

I also can't think of any other gun that does it...[goes off to check...]

Cheers.

Almost makes me regret selling mine...

If you load the gun as normal, but dump the mag and pull the trigger, so you've got a round chambered and the hammer down, does the gun work if you put the mag back then thumb cock the hammer?

Edit ~ "Refret" isn't a word...

:zorro:

Almost don't want to do this, but...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=refret

Oh yes it is! ;)

Oh, and I don't recall whether the Dezart Eagle did it...

Cheers.

It wont because the external (and cosmetic) hammer does not have any mechanical link to the internal striker/hammer if I remember right.

A convenient solution which is, unfortunately, completely wrong.

DEHammer.jpg

As you can see, the hammer (1) pivots on the same point as the inner hammer (2). The inner hammer is connected to the striker (3).

When you cock the gun the inner hammer moves back. When you fire the gun the hammer hits the inner hammer and pushes the striker forward to discharge gas.

FWIW, pretty much every GBB I've seen works like this. I don't recall ever seeing a GBB with a totally cosmetic external hammer.

What I don't understand is that the pic shows all of the DE cocking mechanism. There are no levers sticking down from the slide (besides the safety) so I can't see how the gun "knows" to shoot when you rack the slide but not when you just cock the hammer.

I think it works because the mag valve pushes the striker up above it when you first load it. What I can't understand is how cocking the hammer manually doesn't move the striker into place whereas coking the hammer by racking the slide does.

Anyway, still pretty cool. ;)

Sid.

Try this:

Take the slide off, press the trigger bar down, and cock the hammer with you thumb.

On my CZ75 you had to press the trigger bar down for it to cock (when you had the slide off)

Nope. Don't work like that. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean.

The DE trigger bar is really simple. It just pulls the sear forwards to fire the gun. When the safety is on it pushes the trigger bar down so it goes underneath the sear.

Marui guns have become self-aware?

:zorro:

I knew there was a reason to hate Marui, they are starting the AI takeover. Shame on them. Sellouts to their own species.

It's really hard for me to judge from one picture, but does the slide interact with "Part 2" from your picture?

Perhaps when you just cock the hammer, after inserting a magazine, the firing pin is yet to seat itself on the release valve. When the slide moves back it toggles the pin back, so when it moves forward again it seats perfectly on the release valve.

Now, I could be (and probably am) way off here as that picture is the closest I've ever been to the inside of a Marui desert eagle.

EDIT:

Just had a thought, maybe being self aware is the REAL "new" feature of the Marui m14. *gasp*

Archived