gbb MP5k or aeg MP5K

PET

HI, I just need some guisence on wich find of MP5K I should get. The thing is I realy want the gbb, beasuse it looks so much better, marui parts acn fit on it , and it is much more powerful, but I am worried about how much money I would be spending on gas, but with the TM you can just charge it up. Mony is my consern.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI, I just need some guisence on wich find of MP5K I should get. The thing is I realy want the gbb, beasuse it looks so much better, marui parts acn fit on it , and it  is much more powerful, but I am worried about  how much money I would be spending on gas, but with the TM you can just charge it up. Mony is my consern.

You've pretty much figured out all the pro's and con's for yourself.

The Maruzen will be MASSIVE fun to shoot. Much louder than an AEG and with much more recoil. However, if you plan on using it a lot then you'll spend a fortune on gas and magazines.

The sensible choice is definately the AEG.

I will mention that you can buy an adaptor and use propane instead of GREEN gas (cos green gas IS propane) and save yourself a fortune. However, I don't know if the Maruzen MP5k will work with green gas as standard. If it doesn't then using it with green gas could damage the gun due to the higher pressure.

Is there a reason why you are getting a MP5k??? I mean for the price of a GBB MP5k is like the price of a FAMAS (at sites i've been to).

Oh and if cost was your thing go with the AEG. My friend has a GBB MP5k and he regrets buying it because the gun has a low bb count for the mag. I asked him to buy a Hi-Mag but instead he sold it and bought a M4 (which i predict he will sell that too).

"Is there a reason why you are getting a MP5k??? I mean for the price of a GBB MP5k is like the price of a FAMAS (at sites i've been to).

Oh and if cost was your thing go with the AEG. My friend has a GBB MP5k and he regrets buying it because the gun has a low bb count for the mag. I asked him to buy a Hi-Mag but instead he sold it and bought a M4 (which i predict he will sell that too)."

The reson I am betting an mp5k is besause i want somthing small and compact, and god help me, I never herd of a FAMAS.

I dont think that you can add other stocks because the endcap has a little socket for the spring guide to go into. So you would have to mate any stock onto the endcap somehow, it has been done by many but it involves drilling and things.

Anyhow, if you want to go skirmishing then the electric MP5K or the PDWs are much better. If you just want to shoot at home then get the gas one because it sounds better and has a better firing action with no trigger delay and a higher rate of fire.

"I want something small and compact"

An mp5 certainly isn't your only choice in that category (though I'd imagine it does technically have the shortest overall length of the bunch). The FAMAS is a french assault rife in the "bullpup" style, which means the front and rear grips are placed ahead of the breech and magazine on the reciever, or, put more simply, the barrel runs almost the entire length of the gun, and you hold it more in the middle. Some people don't like this due to awkward mag positioning (though some like it better), others don't like it simply due to stylistic reasons. But, if you're planning on skirmishing, especially in woodland scenarios, I'd look into bullpups, because you get a much longer barrel (and thus, more accuracy at range) then a standard gun of comparable length. The FA-MAS is a bullpup rifle, as is the steyr AUG. But if you're looking for something really small and compact, I'd say go with the P90. This too is a bullpup, but in a SMG, so you'll have better accuracy potential than with an MP5 but with a similar length, I believe. You can also get the TR version with a silencer included (if you like that sort of look). Redwolfairsoft.com has all of these guns on their site, w/ descriptions, so they're a good place to compare guns at. Oh, heh, yeah, I'm also recommending the AEG, simply because the operating cost is much, much lower. Not only that, but you can play in any weather and not have to worry about cooldown and that sort of thing. Anyway, just my two cents :)

I've never used a gas SMG, mind you, but if you're really planning on 1-handed firing with an MP5, due to the weight and recoil you might be less than ecstatic with your accuracy and overall effectiveness with the GBB. If you're seriously considering a one hand shooting style with an SMG, the one w/out recoil is probably a better bet (in other words, use the AEG...)

Go with the AEG as it will be less expensive in the short (and long) run, cheaper mags no gas to buy and you can use it any weather. Gas guns suffer big style from cool down as well (something aeg's don't get)

Last thing the P90 is a real nice piece of kit, can be used 1 handed (unlike the FAMAS) and can be steadied against the forearm.

Archived