Where do you put your used mags?

selfexiled

To be honest as an airsofter I haven't really spent as much time on gear as I should. I've got 2 holsters and a couple belt mag pouches that's about it. No chest rigs or anything like that (not while I'm AEG-less atleast). So maybe you guys know the answer to this question

I can speak from experience when in the heat of battle your weapon goes empty and it's time to reload. What do you do with your empty mag?

Don't say you just toss the thing on the ground. They're too expensive you could ruin the thing.

I'm assuming you guys do what I do, find some cover, replace that used mag in it's pouch and reload. However, lord knows how many times you might be without cover and you need to reload right then and there.

I'm wondering is there a rig you guys are aware of, where you can get away with dropping your mag in a fairly large pouch easily without having to unbuckle, unlatch, or slide your mag back into? Something where you can just point the bottom of your mag well to and hit that release button?

I was thinking something with a large opening along the lines like a shotgun shell holding pouch, it's loose and you can easily drop loose items into it without thinking.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is this thing called mag dump pouch

t-06cod.gif

you can use to dump your empty mags in.

Personally, I haven't invested in one of these, and when I need to reload in the field, I'd take out a new mag and replace the empty one, and if I have some cover and time, I'd just put the old one back in the pouch, and remember which mag's empty. I carry five M4 mags, so it's not too hard to keep track. Sometimes when the heat is too high, I just put the empty mag on the gound, and remember to pick it back up later. :P

I have one of those "bag" that simply attach to my belt on the back of my left leg. It's bigger than the "dump pouches" that go around the thigh and can hold more mags even when they are not neatly placed in.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...Other%20Pouches

$10 locally... without the "proud" tag as well. the drawstring can close the "top" of the internal bag.

Full mags go in the vest upside down, so when they come out Im already gripping the bottom of the mag. Empty mags go in vest right way up, so I have a clear visible and tangible indicator of wether a mag in my vest is empty or full.

However, if the firezone is so hot that I don't have time to stick it back in my vest, then I will just hit the mag release and let it fall. I'll collect them at endex or when I'm hit.

I've just picked up a dump pouch, but that's purely for pistol mags, which are a lot less robust.

In defense games - On the ground thank you.

Whilst pushing forward, it'll just go back into my assault vest. I don't care, I've never had serious problems during a game. And if you get caught reloading... well that's life.

Whatever gear yuou use, there's always a chance of getting caught fiddling about with this pouch or that pocket.

So I just go for the basic approaches.

i'm with most ppl here. Back in pounch feed lip up when empty. Working front to back from my thigh pouch. As i carry 4 famas lowcaps only, NOT getting muddled up is a good thing.

When defending on the floor is good, if not top right cargo pocket on my smock is big enough to take 2 mebey 3 mags nicely.

TAG Dump Pouch on my belt, at about my 5 O'Clock position :)

When it starts to get loaded up it starts to pull my belt down (shut up... ;)), so I syphon them off into the Maxpedition Rollypoly that I have on my vest in between games, or in quiet bits :)

Archived