Where do you put your used mags?

selfexiled

Get one they are kick *albatross*, just like all maxpedition stuff. I use a large rolypoly, never lost a mag with it. :D

mmrolypoly.jpg

:Dr_Evil:

Got one of these as well. Went for the medium sized one. Folds up great and doesnt just have to be used as a dump pouch either! Mounts anywhere aswell although mine is on my belt at 9 o'clock position.

Nad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Empties go down the front of the jacket so that they don't get confused with full ones - there's nothing worse than slapping a new mag on and hearing dead man's click because you've accidentally loaded an empty. You feel like such a t*t and then some *fruitcager* lights you up like a christmas tree with his M249 or moscart.

• 2 months later...

maxpedition dump pouch holding 9 the rest go in the pouches or i just eject to the floor and then pick em up when i clear the threat :)

nothing beats getting 10 star mags using them all in a firefight and having people look at you becuase there is a pile of mags around your feet :D

nothing beats getting 10 star mags using them all in a firefight and having people look at you becuase there is a pile of mags around your feet :D

Hehehe yup. :) I get the same when I set up a defensive position and I stack up my star mags next to me. If Im in a really big firefight, I might just drop my magazines on the ground and pick them up after its clear. Otherwise I load them in my vests magazine dumps.

When i reload i drop the empty out onto the floor (unless im standing up or on concrete, sod dropping the mag onto concrete from 4ft in the air) put a full mag in, get up and as i do so pick up the empty mag and move position and at the same time putting the empty one in my map pockets on my assault vest. Never stay in the same postion too long it attracts unwanted BB's directed at your head. My methods are fire a few bursts and move forward or back depending on the situation.

It depends on how I'm outfitted and what gun I'm using , if it's my MP5 (usually CQB with 5 or 6 midcap mags) then I have my carryall pouch to put them in, or a handy vest pocket. If I'm using my M-14 (woodland with 3 mags) then I use my field jacket pockets. I don't usually wear a vest in woodland games, just my backpack rig. I only carry 2 pistol mags so i just pocket them wherever handy

m16 mag's go in my right hand map pocket. P90 mags go under my belt until i'm less busy then go back in thier pouch Pistol mags have never been an issues but in practice (i can't bring myself to say training) they go into my vacated M16mag Pouch. if you haven't got a map pocket etc do a McNab and stuff 'em down your shirt.

Cheers

Mig

I usually add a strip of blaze orange with my callsign written insde to my AEG mags on the portion that goes into the magwell. If I have to drop a mag right now I can just drop it on the ground and it's pretty easy to find later. A little neon orange Krylon Fusion does wonders, there. Plus, it looks cool.

When I'm pistoling around I drop the empty mag first and switch it with the one I draw to reload with. I'm pretty quick doing that.

Archived