HYPERSTEALTH camo

Maple-Leaf

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken, all camouflages including Hyperstealth? are designed for real soldiers.

I'd rather have that edge snipa_d, and I wouldn't care about someone like you trying to argue feebly against it ;)

Besides BDU style camo uniforms are meant to be ignored by the eye when doing sweeping glances, it's not meant to be invisible.

Wow! Thats about all I can come up with right now, give me a minute... Wow... That camo is absolutely amazing. When you look at just the camo with nothing surrounding it to compare it to it looks like a very intricate Pollock painting... but against the natural settings like that is just unbelievable. My hat is off.

Pain

I do like the Hyperstealth stuff. Are you going to get hold of the AEG camo JKT 1?

I was contemplating getting a set of MULTICAM, but its all so expensive and I just don't see it being as effective in the places where I skirmish.

I'm really looking forward to receiving my set of SpecAm Standard Woodland that I've ordered - and also some of the weapons cover sheets so I can camo my HK33K and do a review on that too.

I was contemplating getting a set of MULTICAM, but its all so expensive and I just don't see it being as effective in the places where I skirmish.

Sure - I know what you mean. I just wanted a multi-role, suitable for all occasions kind of thing (and I don't think ACUPAT addresses that as well as Multicam). That way I can justify the additional cost.

Sure - I know what you mean. I just wanted a multi-role, suitable for all occasions kind of thing (and I don't think ACUPAT addresses that as well as Multicam). That way I can justify the additional cost.

Well you're right about that: the ACU pattern (called ARPAT by the way) sucks for UK use.

Where are you mostly going to play: woodland or urban? You may actually find that MULTICAM, rather than being a suitable multi-role pattern is actually an inadequate compromise for either situation.

You may also find this thread on MilitaryPhotos.net to be useful: http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showpost....0&postcount=151

Where are you mostly going to play: woodland or urban? You may actually find that MULTICAM, rather than being a suitable multi-role pattern is actually an inadequate compromise for either situation.

I certainly agree that it's a compromise over having, say, two dedicated patterns available.

To be honest, one consideration was that I didn't want run-of-the-mill camo. I'm not into the mil-sim side of things. This is another reason why I find the Hyperstealth stuff so interesting.

If it's rubbish I'll just wear it casually and accept that you have to take a few risks to get things right.

I play both urban and woodland BTW.

Edit: spelling

Hey, JKT 1! When the hell did we order that stuff? Mine still hasn't arrived, and I know that we ordered our sets at around the same time.

Hey - these were from the handful of evaluation sets that he made available directly to a few collectors about a month and a half ago. I'm still waiting for my "official" sets from the first full production run too.

They should be along in the next few weeks according to the last info - the delay was becuase of changing the weight of cloth used for the Standard Woodland uniform apparently.

Yeah, yeah, I'm still waiting on the evaluation sets. I tell you, the mail service between here and North America is ridiculous. I get parcels from Britain inside of 2 weeks and parcels from Bulgaria in 10 days; but stuff from North America just takes longer and longer ... I'm always afraid that somebody, over there, directs the damned stuff to AUSTRIA, by mistake!

More photos of SpecAm evaluation samples.

I noticed something very interesting when reviewing the photos - it looked as though the camera had a hard time focussing sharply on the patterns (I wonder if this is becuase of the dithering effect of the pixilated micro patterns?).

"Urbanized Terrain" (UT) trousers

gallery_5157_230_126897.jpg

"UT" boonie

gallery_5157_230_156199.jpg

"Tropical" trousers

gallery_5157_230_91269.jpg

"Tropical" boonie

gallery_5157_230_47831.jpg

"High Contrast Definition (HCD) Woodland" trousers

gallery_5157_230_138223.jpg

"HCD Woodland" boonie

gallery_5157_230_49359.jpg

"Desert Viper" trousers

gallery_5157_230_123408.jpg

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a proud Multicam owner.. and geeze.. I am really tempted for that Woodland.. grrrrr damn j0!!! :D

Interesting arguments on Milphotos huh?

that makes two in about 2 weeks with Guy and multicam and ACU etc? sigh

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously not the best terrain, or season, that HCD Woodland was designed for - but you'll get some idea at least.

Note: this uniform was made from the lightweight cotton that didn't have the "shine" problem of the heavier weight stuff.

Also note: photos were taken at ranges of approx. 10 and 20 yards.

gallery_5157_230_116883.jpg

gallery_5157_230_200341.jpg

gallery_5157_230_75093.jpg

gallery_5157_230_203011.jpg

Archived