Good deal?

Butter18c

I'm a cynical old fart and I can't help noticing that nowhere in the description does it say "This is a Marui MP5 SD5".

All it says is "The marui MP5 SD5 is an exact replica of...."

Also, if it's a new gun, why doesn't he want to show pictures of the box?

Maybe because the box says something other than "Tokyo Marui" on it?

Now, it DOES say the motor is an EG700 and it does say that it fires 6mm BBs at 300fps so that probably puts it above the power of a Cyma gun.

Send the guy an email asking him to confirm that it IS a genuine Marui gun before bidding IMO.

The auction title says "Tokyo Marui MP5 SD6"

Bear in mind, this is the starting bid, it's a fresh auction, and it doesn't have a "buy it now" option. He's probably planning to get more than $99 for it, he just wants people to pay attention to his auctions by starting them lower. The price will go up before the bidding ends.

Aaron

i would also be wary that none of the pics he has put up seem to be ones of the actual guns he has.

Why? It's a standard product, he can use a standard image for it. Or should I stop buying from WGCShop, since their pictures aren't taken on a camera phone?

Like I said, it's just the starting bid. You aren't going to get it for $99.

Aaron

Chill, bud. It IS a little suspicious when someone other than a retailer is posting generic pictures of what they're selling. There's no harm in asking the guy to confirm it is a TM gun, is there?

:zorro:

No there isn't. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just think maybe there's a little too much "this might be a scam" worry going on. Go on google and look for pictures of the TM MP5 SD6. I bet you find more pictures that look like they were taken at home. He could use one of those if he was a scammer. If it's sealed in the factory box, then what do I care if it's a generic picture?

I do understand that it leaves people wondering, but I don't see it as a retailer's job (even just an ebay retailer) to take pictures of all of their products.

Aaron

NO! Pears are lovely little beasts, but they're ripe for half an hour, and you're never there when it happens. The rest of the time, they're either a rock or they're mush. You go to the supermarket and there's someone hammering nails in with them, so you think "I'll take them home and they'll ripen there." But you get them home, and they wait until you're out of the room to ripen. By the time you come back, they're mush. So pears can *fruitcage* off!

[/Eddie Izzard]

:zorro:

The price will increase to over 200$ few hours before the bidding ends. There were several auctions which started at ~10$ went up by bidding to ~50$. But just before the auction ended the price jumped to over 200$ with 1 bid. I said yeah right.

Archived