Blogs make an appearance

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ule&module=blog

(linked to top right of the forums and from profiles)

I started the blog system on here not so long ago. Blog space is only give out to members that I wish to give it to. I've got one.. well just to ramble on in, but blogs will happily be given out to others that can write worthy material.

FarEast has his own space, as he's a nice chap and always posts useful information from Japan on here, he also agreed to give the system a try out :)

I guess the general idea behind the system is to allow forum regulars to report on happenings local to them that may be of interest to others in one place of their own. (it also cuts down on legwork I have to do myself to update forum content).

I'd be willing to write a weekly thing. Mind you it might not always concern airsoft. It might concern world events too. I like to express my opinions on things, as some of the other forum members already know. I only ramble when I'm really into things.

Airsoft mostly though. I know you don't have a lot of bandwidth to give up arn. I could keep it too that though. Find nice articles or something. I could do a little to help out noobs too. A blog of links to special thread that cover most of the common repeat threads.

/ramble

~P

Thanks Arn!

As a way of saying thanks, have this free action figure ;)

gallery_8_386_138073.jpg

Hmm, only problem I can find is that the 'random gallery image' feature shows images from your private galleries as well as public ones.

Edited by HaVoC

No offense, but surely the idea is to encourage those with knowledge or info above what might be considered normal for an average airsofter to share that knowledge. I can see how this applies to Far East (living in HK gives him advance knowledge of a lot of stuff) and Hissing Sid (lot of technical knowledge). But Lord Jebus? What exactly are you going to share with us? :huh: It would be like giving me a blog so I could share my random gibberish on a weekly basis. :fear:

:zorro:

Hmm

brow: words for "eyelid," "eyelash," and "eyebrow" changed about maddeningly in O.E. and M.E. (and in all the W.Gmc. languages). Linguists have untangled the knot into two strands: 1. O.E. bræw (Anglian *brew) "eyelid," from P.Gmc. *bræwi- "blinker, twinkler" (related to Goth. brahw "twinkle, blink," in phrase in brahwa augins "in the twinkling of an eye"); the sense must have shifted before the earliest recorded O.E. usage from "eyelash" to "eyelid." 2. O.E. bru "eyelash," from P.Gmc. *brus "eyebrow," from PIE base *bhrus (cf. Skt. bhrus "eyebrow," Gk. ophrys, O.C.S. bruvi, Lith. bruvis "brow," O.Ir. bru "edge"). The sense must have been transferred in O.E. at an early date from "eyebrow" to "eyelash." Lacking a distinctive word for it, the Anglo-Saxons called an eyebrow ofer-bru, and in early M.E. they were known as uvere breyhes or briges aboue þe eiges. By c.1200, everything had moved "up." Bru/brouw (from bræw) became "eyelid;" and brew/breow (from O.E. bru) became "eyebrow." It remained the word for "eyebrow" in Scot. and northern Eng., where it naturally evolved into colloquial bree. In southern Eng., however, M.E. bru/brouw took over the sense of "eyebrows," in the form brues, and yielded the usual modern form of the word. To make matters worse, if possible, some southern writers 15c.-17c. used bree for "eyelashes," in what OED calls "a curious reversion to what had been the original OE. sense of bru." By 1535, brow had been given an extended sense of "forehead," especially with ref. to movements and expressions that showed emotion or attitude. Browbeat "to bully" is first recorded 1581, originally "to bear down with stern or arrogant looks." When my son was learning to talk, he called them eyebrowns, but it has no connection to brown; the -n- in the O.N. (brun) and Ger. (braune) forms of the word are from a gen. pl. inflection.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brow

and

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=b&p=19

..best I can do at short notice. Don't forget phrazes such as "a furrowed brow" etc.

Maybe you could give Blogs to 'select' people and disable their forum posting ability? ;)

Just had a quick shuftie around the blogs and, already, some seem to be the usual 'stream of nothingness' content.

FarEast's and Ghost's at least mention airsoft stuff, but who gives a *beep* if someone got a call on their mobile phone in the middle of the night?

Jesus, talk about 'vanity publishing'... Can people at least TRY and make Arnie's Blogs airsoft related?

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

I agree somewhat blog posts should be in some way interesting or Airsoft related. Don't just make posts in there because you feel you ought to. Mine may not be directly Airsoft related all the time, but that's because if I can all Airsoft related banter goes on the front page.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.