Hunting

Butter18c

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is why i was wondering. someone at the range told me it was a K98 internally. but in 308. I like it. but i like more exotic weapons. things most people have never seen. LOL that is just my taste i guess. I love my m700 to death, dont get me wrong. but for the L96 style folding para stock  I want, it is going to be 600 bucks. a little less than i have at the moment.

Where you getting a L96 Accuracy international stock at for $600? The least ive seen it for was $800. Need one for my Ruger M77 .300 win mag, the wooden stock gets scrached up while hunting

Yeah, that's true.

Fish don't have a nervous system like reptiles and mammals do though. They feel pain, but it's not nearly as intense as it would be if I put a hook through my own cheek. Fish are almost in the catagory of bugs to me.

Fishing isn't pointless if you eat fish, I've heard that fresh fish taste much better than any kind of store bought fish.

I wish there where more wolves around, but they're been replaced by coyotes. I think the enviromental people are trying to bring the wolves back though.

Yeah. Fresh fish does taste better than shop 'fresh' fish. I caught Mackerel one time in Ireland, went back to village, cooked it. Tasted georgeous, loved it, wanted it again at home.

Went to shop, bought some Mackerel, cooked it exactly the same.

Was almost sick.

//Edit: In my time fishing (2 years IIRC), I have managed to get 2 fishing badges from this fishing magazine.

One, for a 8 pound 4oz. Barble.

Two, for a 14 pound 9oz. Pike. It was 3/4 my size at the time, caught it when I was 10 and almost got dragged into the river.

Foxtrot is right, in america deer are everywhere, I've seen them in my yard and I don't live out in the wilderness or anything. It's impossible to drive anywhere without driving by deer.

Scientists have done studys on overpopulated deer, and the deer always die by consuming food too quickly for it to grow back. Somebody has to keep the situtation under control.

I think people are saying that's not a reason for hunting. It's an excuse.

It's kinda like suggesting killing all the sharks cos they're dangerous.

Thing is, sharks are 100% safe. I'm in more danger of being hit by a falling satellite than being bitten by a shark as I walk down my street.

If, however, I decide to go swimming in the ocean then I'm the odd one out. I'm the invader in the sea. I'm the one that's now chosen to expose myself to the dangers of sharks, jellyfish, pirahnas and god-knows what else.

That's no reason to want to eradicate them.

Equally, America is a pretty big place and the number of deer in relation to the amount of food has had millions of years to regulate itself.

Then men started building roads through the areas where deer live.

That is the reason the deer "are everywhere". It's cos you're driving along a road built through their home.

Now, if road-safety was truly your aim then surely building fences along the roads would solve the problems?

I'm not sugesting this should be done. What I am suggesting, however, is that we stop trying to excuse hunting as being in the interests of road-safety.

We hunt cos it's fun, basically.

I don't think sharks are dangerous either. People where hardly afraid of sharks at all until they started making dumb movies like jaws. Shark attacks are very rare because most sharks will bite someone and then swim away because the taste is terrible. Sharks are stupid and sometimes they think people are seals. The reason smart sea predators like killer whales never attack humans is because they can tell we're not seals.

I was watching the news yesterday, and apparantly deer are killing a lot of people. And I'm not talking about hitting cars. They showed a video of a deer brutally attacking a person. The guy barely made it out alive. Deer have been jumping through the windows to people's houses and trying to kill them. I didn't know this before I saw the news, but during mating season male deer get extremely angry. They're not the harmless and peace loving animals that you see in bambi. I like deer, and I wouldn't kill any myself, but at the same time I'm glad there are other people out there who are keeping the population under control.

This is pretty sad because the reason there are so many deer is because the wolves where hunted to near nonexistance, and wolves are very compassionate animals compared to deer. There has never been a single proven case of a wolf attacking a human unless it was rabid or starving to death. Wolves are one of the least dangerous predators to humans. There's actually been cases of wolves raising babies. http://www.feralchildren.com/en/children.php?tp=0 That website lists every case of a human being raised by animals, and I don't see any deer on the list.

No offense but I don't think it's a coincidence that the only people who are arguing against me about deer population control are british, which makes sense because your country is about the size of new york state. Anyone who lives in america will tell you that it's impossible to fence in every major forest. I know that's not what you're sugesting, but I just want to try to explain why it won't work. I've never really been to the country part of england, but in germany you have the places where the people live, and then you have the forests in a seperate area, so I'm assuming england is similer. America is much more chaotic than that, there are random forests everywhere, except in the citys. But to get from one major city to the other you have to drive through forests. It's not like in europe where you can just the train from london to paris and get there quickly without any fear of flipping over because you hit an animal, icy weather, drunk drivers, falling rocks, and everything else. There's also lot less subways and cabs here. If you're an american and you don't live in a place like new york, you need a car and you need to use it often. You can walk, but in the adverage town there's no where to walk to. That's part of the reason why americans are so fat.

Archived