US Navy digi

doc_newstead

Have these come up before? I've seen that fruity USAF one, but not these:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/doc...usn_uniform.jpg

And a woodland one (dunno what woodland though :P)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/doc...N-0000X-002.jpg

Thoughts?

PS: In the milphotos thread this came from somebody said

"i hate badgers!"

Now there's no need for that...

EDIT: Photos resized

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was at a USAF base in south FL a few months back and saw the AF Blue Tiger camo uniforms; I agree; that's really fruity. :blink:

As far as I know, the US Navy did not wear a unique camop pattern, since I have often seen Navy Corpsmen wear the same MARPATs worn by Marines, but then again, that doesn't count all the other Navy personnmel that have to wear camo, like Shore Patrols, Seabees, etc... Figured they wear MARPATs as well; guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think they'd be better off having some sort of digital pattern, since the US Marines and the US Army wear digital camo, why not jump into the digital bandwagon?

051003-M-1327J-035_screen.jpg

US Marines

050929-A-2098S-057_screen.jpg

US Army

I figured a slate gray and blue variant of the Marine MARPAT would fit them, while the USAF can go for a tan and blue on their version.

But who am I to tell them what to do? I'm just a lowly US Army MP. :rolleyes:

I think its just daft - even worse than the Air Force wanting a camo uniform (and that's pretty damn stupid!).

If the Navy's worried about the sailors uniforms getting sullied by grease (or coffee) stains then just give them a navy blue (that's why its called "navy" blue!) or black utility uniform.

As for the Air Force, give em a medium or dark grey utility uniform.

I fail to see why Navy needs camoflouge for on-ship duties and such, what are they going to blend-in to?  Oh, right, their camo is blue so they can blend into the water.  Cause, the first thing you want to do when you fall overboard is make sure no one can find you. :P

OMG! I cant breathe I rofled so much at that... well done sir.

Erm, on topic, does anyone else think it might be a very good night camo? It reminds me of shadow pattern a little.

Last I heard this camo was not camo.

More or less just a work uniform. Thusly why it's so dark, it won't show grease/oil/etc on the uniform. As well, I heard something about them threating the uniform some how, that makes it easier to wash said things out of it.

Lets face it, if your working on an F-18, theres going to be grease, grime, oil, etc. Or even just in general around a boat, on flight decks, turrets, doors, torpedo tubes, etc.

And, it would be alot better then their current white uniforms...

Either way, I just think that people need to stop making fun of it, because it's not field camo - nor was it ever supposed to be. Yes, they could just issue normal, Blue uniforms like the rest of the work force out here. But hey, the navy's got alot of money to spend.

The point is not to camouflage sailors, but rather it's more practical. Stains/grease etc will not show up as easy as on solid uniforms. The colors picked are common colors with ships and the maritime enviorment. They will also last longer than current uniforms. Wrinkles will be less visible too, which means less/no ironing.

^ READ.

Yeah, Foxtrot beat me. Still, read. Maybe if you read it twice your attention span won't fail that easy. :rolleyes:

Why has this thread become such a wankfest? All I said was "anyone seen this before?", not "How big is your e-penis?" ;)

I know Jordan have gone all digi now, and it makes sense the US would do the same; what about Canada? I know the Candian Forces (CF) are organised differently though (it doesn't have separate departments like the US and UK does).

Man, what kind of rivalry does the United States military have with eachother?

How can a military have a rivalry with itself?

For the millionth time, it's not intended to camouflage the sailors. Now stop bitching about it.

Correct.

Air Force, Navy, and Army all have multiple types of dress uniforms. Each one is for different purposes. The BDUs are so that Navy guys will look Navy, and Air Force guys will look Air Force. Navy and Air Force are both already given BDUs. They're simply resupplying recruits with this pattern. I believe they will also replace the mataince uniforms they supply (several different ones) with the blue camo BDU. Most workers like the BDUs to work in over other clothing anyways.

Then what's the point of having a CAMOUFLAGE uniform?  Its kind of an oxymoron isn't it, to have a camo uniform that's not intended to camouflage?  :P

The point is not to camouflage sailors, but rather it's more practical. Stains/grease etc will not show up as easy as on solid uniforms. The colors picked are common colors with ships and the maritime enviorment. They will also last longer than current uniforms. Wrinkles will be less visible too, which means less/no ironing.

Archived