Semi auto gas rifle

Hissing_Sid

sorry mate, i honestly didnt know. ill be more carefull in the future when i post anything.

regarding this gas rifle, barrel length is crucial. if it is too long, you have the danger of losing fps due to suction. if i were you, i'd convert a powerfull pistol into a rifle, such as a tm desert eagle perhaps

GBB's have a valve inside the nozzle, which is timed pretty accurately for a short barrel. Otherwise it would just dump gas out of the barrel after the BB has already left it. A too long barrel will cause suction, but this effect can be countered by timing the nozzle valve. You can get a heavier valve, file certain parts, put a stronger spring on it etc. to delay its movement.

On an NBB this is easier, because they usually release a generous amount of gas to propel the BB. An M16 barrel? I doubt it would increase accuracy over a 300mm barrel. This whole time I've thought about a pretty short barrel.

-Sale

The one downside is that the mags are designed to be filled directly from a speedloader: looks pretty unlikely that you'd be able to keep charged mags filled with BBs  :(

can you elaborate on this? do you own one? can you compare the firing system to a Mk1 carbines?

sid have you looked at my thread, basically thinking of doing the same thing with a blowback c02 uzi (the power attracted me, i can tune the accuracy myself)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=34027

If you want to go with the NBB gun, my suggestion would be to make the trigger electric, and have it rotate a cam that will cycle the guns trigger once, stopping just before the trigger is "all the way back" in order to reduce triggerpull-> shot time. I chose the c02 uzi because I would not have to tune the gun much to get the FPS i wanted, blowback is cool, and I could take it apart and set it to full auto for some serious plinking action.

please keep me updated on what you are thinking of doing, shoot me a PM or AIM: dstompa , i'd like to butt heads with someone thinking of doing a similiar project ;)

Erm...

I don't want to come across all control-freak here or anything but the whole point of this is to produce a quiet sniper rifle.

That kinda rules out GBBs.

Also, "electric trigger"?

WTF is all that about?

What's wrong with using the trigger that comes with the gun?

I'm sure we'd all like a gun which can fire guided BBs and has an on-board fire computer. It'd be powered by solar cells and have variable power.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, nobody has ever even produced a working burst-fire modification for an AEG so I can't really see an "electric trigger" happening any time soon.

Let's try to keep it real, folks. ;)

Semirifle.jpg

is this the look that u are after sid? if so, y dont you build it around a gas mp5k? you could extend the cocking tube so it looks more like a hk33, and bolt on a larger stock. plus, the mags would go in like a rifle, rather than going in the pistol grip if you used a handgun. i know that it can shoot both full auto and single shot, but if you just 'ignore' the fact it can go full auto then youve got yourself the basis for you gun.

Gentlemen, time to place your bets. Will it be the electromechanic gbb with burst and whatnot, or a simple shell over a simple pistol with enclosed working mechanism? I know which I'd put my money on.

I already have a GBB SMG with suppressor and I've tried a suppressor on my GBB rifle as well. Buffers and whatnot do very little in terms of getting the noise down to a reasonable level. They're nice guns, but not exactly what we're looking for in this thread.

I honestly think that even the double action trigger of an NBB isn't that bad on a rifle. Because it's supported against the shoulder and held in front by the left hand, a heavy trigger pull won't throw the aim off that much.

-Sale

You're both morons.

sid, dont get me wrong, im only tring to help.

i heard tanaka make some rather nice gas rifles, including a replica of the german sniper rifle used in the film 'enemy at the gates' (not sure what it is called) my mate was going to get one a while back, and as far as i know it is semi auto with a nice bolt action.

Will it be the electromechanic gbb with burst and whatnot

I cant do burst function reliably with a GBB, I have to wait for a madbull 470 for that, and I dont like waiting, and it will work fine as long as I can ditch the internal regulator.

//edit

sid, dont get me wrong, im only tring to help.

i heard tanaka make some rather nice gas rifles, including a replica of the german sniper rifle used in the film 'enemy at the gates' (not sure what it is called) my mate was going to get one a while back, and as far as i know it is semi auto with a nice bolt action.

thats a kar98, its not semi auto, its bolt action, and its an awesome rifle.

the marushin garand is a nice rifle, and is semi auto, but you have to do some modifications to it so it does not explode on green.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/His...d/Semirifle.jpg

is this the look that u are after sid? if so, y dont you build it around a gas mp5k?

Sid you could use this idea, using a classic gas MP5K. Nbb.

Corporate_blac_ops has one.

The only problems is see is:

You'll need to make a hop unit (Ithink.. not sure though)

Mags, hard to get, and they need to be airtight.

Noise, it's still quite noisy.. however that could easily be worked on.

Infact after all that it's probably not worth it... pistol to rifle conversion, as you say is probably best.

EDIT: this post was pointless.

i *think* theres a couple of new semi auto gas rifles on the way, aside from the aforementioned garand, i think theres the m3 carbine as well.

hasnt anyone fired the tanio koba 10/22? that always looked sweet to me, aside from the little banana mags..

oh and the other german semi-auto gas rifle ive glimpsed in production from ages ago was the G43..

Archived