the rep system is a joke

Im sorry, but ive been getting anoyed with the rep system recently and tonight has well blown my lid.

The Rep system is completly abused. People are getting reps for the same thing countless times and I think its a joke.

I belive the rep system should be limited to one bad rep for one thing, not nine bad reps in 18mins for two different topics as bad boy recieved, I think its just stupid.

Reps should be for sales if anything, not, OMG he told a non PC joke.

If people are getting anoyed with a particular member of the forums, report them. Theres a report button next to every post, surley if people just report them the moderators and do their job and suspend/ban or warn if need be.

Argh rant over.

I'm no doubt going to get a neg rep for some grammer I got wrong in this post. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheBauer
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see a problem. If you act like a twat, a lot of people will want to register that fact with you. That's kind of the point of the rep system. If one person gives you a -1 for something, it suggests that actually THEY'RE the one with a problem. If 18 people neg rep you, that suggests you might be the one in the wrong.

:zorro:

The rep system is raped. People should get rep points for informative/downright stupid posts, and good/bad sales. With other words + for being helpful and - for being an asshat. Not for what music they listen to, how they look, what they ate for breakfast or for telling a joke...

Ofcourse, there are exceptions. If you think that somebody has been friendly over time, they might deserve a rep.

Edited by BakaBox

I think it's a good system. Most people who might rep positive or negative, will check what kind of reps the person already has. If it's not too serious (either way), they won't put a positive or negative. Then again, if someone gets too many negative reps, you can always put a positive in between to balance it out.

Personally, I couldn't give a damn what people think of me or my "humour", or taste of music. Who else actually enjoys Depeche Mode and norwegian black metal?

-Sale

P.S. 0 negreps. ;)

-same

Edited by Sale

If some one wants to call me a twat thats fine do it via pm,

I see the rep system should be used more of 'trused seller' or 'some one who knows what there on about' not 'omg he asked a dumb question lets lynch him'

Please dont think this is just related to big boy (I mean if u looked at my rep hes bad rep'ped me anyhow) its just in general I think its used wrongly.

Who cares just give the reps a quick skim if you care that much and wish to check.

*comtemplates giving Bakabox pointless +rep*

Agree with sledge if you act a complete twat you should get more neg rep. Just be more careful with what you post in future.

Cheers,

Pariah

Edited by PariahWolf

I think what is childish is when people neg rep people over grammar i think it should be reserved for a "non pc joke" read stupid racist twaddle i mean we've all told them and when its in the right conversation fine but not on a thread for everyone to read and clearly if 18 people neg repped you it was the wrong time and the wrong place i mean i have a problem with it i'm desperatley trying to get to fifty posts and someone neg repped me for not using the edit button and posting three times

Wolf_2549: Oh the ironing! I'm SO tempted to neg rep you for your "i have no grasp on any rules of punctuation and am going to post a paragraph with no full stops or commas or anything which looks really stupid and makes me look stupid and i cant be bothered to type properly becos im to important to spend time putting what i think in a form that doesnt make me look like a fool" post.

Big Boy: ###### off.

Edited by Sledge
Wolf_2549: Oh the ironing! I'm SO tempted to neg rep you for your "i have no grasp on any rules of punctuation and am going to post a paragraph with no full stops or commas or anything which looks really stupid and makes me look stupid and i cant be bothered to type properly becos im to important to spend time putting what i think in a form that doesnt make me look like a fool" post.

Big Boy: ###### off.

I see 5 full stops in his post. May not be in the right place, but yes definitely 5 :)

edit: grammer/spelling

Edited by TheBauer

I may give you a Neg Rep just for asking.

Wolf where these posts all in a row and all within 15 minutes of each other. If so you deserved it. No offense meant or anything.

ps: your grammer really is a stain of this forum.

edit: you see if you take the time to edit people do not think you are so much of a monkey who learnt to type on a broken keyboard.

Pariah

Edited by PariahWolf
I think what is childish is when people neg rep people over grammar i think it should be reserved for a "non pc joke" read stupid racist twaddle i mean we've all told them and when its in the right conversation fine but not on a thread for everyone to read and clearly if 18 people neg repped you it was the wrong time and the wrong place i mean i have a problem with it i'm desperatley trying to get to fifty posts and someone neg repped me for not using the edit button and posting three times

Please, someone, show me the full stops in here. What are they, stealth punctuation?

i'm not being a ######..but i have been abused by the rep system and can someone please egive me some reps to make up fotr the loss of reps...all will be appreciated

AND PLEASE DON'T -1 ME AS USUAL

Sledge he was talking about this one but as you can see they are all in the wrong place and he has not used the spell checker or edited.

Pariah

I do understand that i was cluttering up the thread and have started to use the edit button. I have accepted the guys opinion and i'm not going to neg rep him or anything childish like that. I am also dyslexic so as you no doubt have noticed grammar and punctuation are not strong points. So instead it all comes running out one idea after another and ends up as one big block of text.

my god are you all english teachers or something

EDIT: and this is not just to prove a point and I have now completely forgotten what I was going to say.

EDIT TWO: at least i'm not using text language that would be really annoying. This is in my opinion the only time people should be neg repped for grammar or spelling

Edited by WOLF_2549

Well, I'm an english student and have a very bad temper when it comes to bad grammar. That aside...

I think the rep system is fine the way it is, to be honest. Big Boy's 9 or so neg reps should hopefully hammer home the point that several people think he acted wrongly/was an asshat/shouldn't have dealt with his issue the way that he did.

Pointless pos reps can be fun, even though they are, well, pointless. Is it so wrong that I occassionally give HaVoC cookies via the rep system, or send Elrey the odd hug when i think he's deserved it? They have very little 'real' reason to be given out, other than they've said something funny or made me smile.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter all that much. If you don't like it, ignore it. People don't get judged solely on their rep points, unless they've done something incredibly stupid.

People don't get judged solely on their rep points,

I personaly think they do.

is seller A had +50 feed back you'd feel more trust worthy towards this person than ay seller B who had -25 20 off which were for being a 'muppet'

Anyhow im going to bed ive got a long day at work tomorrow.

Night.

He would have more neg reps but I am to lazy to press the button to do it.

+1 to the person who does it for me. Wait a minute...............dam!

In all fairness most people have so much rep looks at sledge that pintless +1s do very little. I mean how many negs did havoc get just to try to keep him under forum limits. Honestly and you are worried about pointless +1s.