the rep system is a joke

Seriously though we are probably being a bit harsh on Big Boy. Yes i'm sure from what i've read he's a little S*** but he is after all only thirteen as he says in his post (after trying to buy pyros), and he is merely I suppose being hopeful in that someone may one day send him a decent gun for his £60 POS.

He is only desperately trying to live within his means and from his reps he appears a good buyer and seller and 145 quid is a lot to a young lad. This however does not excuse attacking and accusing someone because your annoyed it merely means that you should stop playing a big boys game and find something cheaper.

EDIT: I suggest Warhammer 40K has guns and did me right until I started earning proper money.

Edited by WOLF_2549
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as the majority of rep is given by mates of the poster for "OMG you ar teh cool" posts, just ignore it... it's nice if somebody wants to use it to say thanks, but I think I'll stick to PM's if I've something to say.

If I ever have problem enough with somebody to neg rep them, I'll PM them and then escalate to a mod as neccessary. Doling out huge neg reps is equally meaningless.

*edit* forgot to add that I'll still do pos reps, cos you never know how much importance the receiver places on it. If it brightens their day and let's them know they done good, then fine. Just doesn't have a genuine objective value as far as I can see.

Edited by Kitch
*COUGH* H_M video for rep points *cough* :P

What about it? Doesn't it just prove that the rep system has very little real importance?

:rofl:  He's got you pwned right there, Ghost.  I almost forgot about it, what's the status on the video now? :lol:

Well, actually, no he doesn't. The point Ghost was making was that it really doesn't matter what our rep is at. The rep points for video thing was just a bit of fun, and if rep points were so valuable, we wouldn't have had so many people throwing them at us like sweeties over something so frivolous as a video.

As for the video's status, we're still in limbo. I'll have a word with R22master the next time I get a hold of him, then it's just a matter of getting time to film it.

but i dont see what the big deal is. rep points do nothing in real life so why make it such a big deal.

Blast!

*puts away plans for building a house entirely out of rep points*

I suppose being hopeful in that someone may one day send him a decent gun for his £60 POS.

I'm eternally hopeful that one day I can go into Guns And Guys and trade my HFC M9 for EVERYTHING THEY HAVE IN THE SHOP.

Including those floorboards, baby.

See look what happens when I go away for the night and for a drive down the coast (bloody windy last night, real lane changer blasts of air).

Well this is a forum hosted mostly by Brits for all, so Americans (and any other international users) are as much welcomed as UK guys, don't go picking on them.

As for the rep system, as the guys said above, if you have an issue with a rep somewhere, PM a mod and ask for help and it'll get tidied up if needed. ;)

I'll have to read this thread again now to try to figure out what the mini-pc's have got to do with it.

Some stuff Arnie said ;)

Arnie, After all we have an pointless counter on top posters and Todays top posters, How about a rep point counter? As in how many + & - have been given out. How hard would it be to code, It could tell something about the rep system; Ie how it is being used, for good or for bad ect ect.

AHAHAHAHAHA, HaVoC is at the top, what a suprise :rolleyes:

*goes to look who has the most neg reps*

Oh Arn, would taking my post count down to below 50, let me post past it and add the post taken off back get the rep system back for me :unsure:

I had a thought about telling Darklite to go and do an armed robbery with your hfc but on second thoughts something vaguely stupid about trying to stick up a gun shop with a airsoft pistol.

EDIT: Would also need to leave the pistol behind if he was planning to trade

ago.jpg

Woah! 22nd of all Arnies! Woooooooooooyaaaayhoooooooplah!

Ok, so lets say this happens.

I come home from school, then go to work then come home. I had a bad day. I feel like being the biggest *beep* in the world. So i neg rep everyone i see in my path. Just because i had a bad day.

Its pathetic. Arnie, you should change it so people can only use it for sales. That would be smart. But to bash on other people? We are all humans, we all live under the same princibles. We all are alike. It's no better then f*ckin kindergarden when people made fun of eachother, or sitting at the cool table, or "HE PIKS HIS NOZE!!! EWWWW!!!". God, some of the people on this forums, i can't belive it. Look at my rep points. Its a damn joke, i expressed my opinion and got judged because thier opinion did'nt match up with mine.

My opinion is rep should be turned off. People don't need to be warned about the dumb*sses on this forum, its quite evidential who they are, and do not need to be pointed out. We all have feelings, grow some balls and use the rep system right. Use it for sales and trades, not "OMG THAT N000000OOO000()()()()B".

Jesus H Christ....

Sincerly

Gir

This is the kind of bi-polar behaviour that wastes peoples time and wears out their patience on the forums.

Not quite up with the times, but I gotta post here in response to you, Sid.

That isn't bipolar. Bipolar is basically manic depression; mood swings from extremely happy to violently depressed in a very short period of time, as well as a horribly short temper to boot. I should know; I've been diagnosed with bipolar for five years, seven months, and seventeen days. I have been hospitalized three times in the state mental health facility due to this fact, and I wasn't very happy with it. Met some very...interesting people in there to say the least, and I've also been on medication ever since.

What Big Boy was showing over there was just plain stupidity in thinking that money grows off trees, or something of the sort.

I'm on page 2.

Cool enough. :)

I don't care if it goes tits up. I use it rarely and only when I feel is right or necessary. Sometimes it's sales. So the "joke" doesn't really affect me.

I gave out a lot though - after AG05. But you can understand that can't you?

wo i didn't think i had given out more points than i had recieved.

anyways. i too think the system is 'less than perfect'.

most of my points used to be for serious, proper reasons, and it was something i was chuffed about, as cmopared to say, HaVoC's ones,mine were much more 'earnt' in a relevant way. but now everybody seems to get them for anything.

i very rarely give points 'just because' for the reason above - i like to think people earn them for proper reasons.

still, it is only a number. it is nice to see you have some new rep, apart from the one neg one i got, which was utter ######s, but meh. happens.

i suppose its an indicator of who is liked, what is acceptable on the forums, and who gets points for what.

for example HaVoC and Sledge, amongst others, get a lot of points just for being here pretty much.

Sid gets lots of points for his knowledge, which is something helpful that n00bs can see when they check his rep. "oh hes got loads of points for helping people, he must be right".

and n00bs can see what people to do get massive neg rep too, and hopefully they then avoid repeating it.

Can't quite see this "Oh noes!!! The rep system should only be for sales" stuff. To return to the Big Boy point, in actual trades, he's fine. But if you read his rep, you'll realise that once the deal is done, he turns into a nightmare and isn't worth dealing with. Therefore, a rep system that isn't limited solely to Sales is more useful.

:zorro: