Whatever happened to Area51?

DolphiN 26

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

negative.

last time i talked to dee (about 4-5 weeks ago) he said a parcel was sent out but no sign of it...

scaar is waiting for stuff too, which was supposed to be in the same parcel.

my personal hope is that arnie will somehow help out; it seems dee just isn't able to...

Not sure how much of this is fact, and how much is rumour, so I'll tell you what I know-

Someone else has bought A51 (Arnie?)

Dee is now manager, only he's been stressed out as hell, and has decided to spend time with the family.

A few parcels are a bit behind.

Anyone confirm/deny any of that?

Guys,

It looks as though moves are afoot to resolve all the outstanding items, mine has now moved forward.

Siatek - most of what you have is old stuff from IRC.

I'm not going to speculate as to who does what now, lets stay on subject and work with them to see all the outstanding issues resolved.

Thanks

Brian

I've been owed my PPC Tanaka revolver for over a year now, and haven't seen my Jericho in about 15-16 months.

For that entire time I have been assured that my items will be immenantly posted successively by all four staff members who took on the outstanding items. During my finals, I took two successive days off from other engagements to wait for my items to be delivered in person, only for no-one to appear.

I have now left the country and have no real use for these items any more.

I have spoken with Dee on the phone a couple of months ago, and can fully appreciate the business and personal issues that have contributed to this, and I wish him all the best for the future. A51 as a company, however, has been plain lousy.

I look forward to hearing anything from them, although what I'd actually have appreciated would have been the delivery of my items a very long time ago.

Jon.

Any chance of someone contacting me via my hotmail email account 'el_orangio' or via pm on this website (especially if all thats needed is a confirmation of address)? Phoning during your peak rate times would cost upwards of a pound a minute from Japan.

Thanks,

Jon.

Chances are that is why the phone was not answered today...

And why I'm trying to keep this thread focussed on resolution rather than confrontation.

At the moment, I'm also the last poster on the UKAN thread - cross refering this one - three hours and no flames since... :unsure:

Cheers

Brian

I just read the thread over at UKAN...man, that place is flame-war heaven, and they pretty much seem to HATE this place with a passion.

While I do what what I was promised, at this point, I just want an explaination. I wan't to know why Dee CONSTANTLY lied to myself, and many of those I know.

It's a simple request, lets see if it can be answered.

Antagon,

There is a mutual frustration amongst those who have contributed to this thread.

I'm looking purely at the commercial stuff here - basically to help everyone focus on either getting their goods or refunds.

You will also see that my contributions to the UKAN piece are short and to the point.

I would welcome an e-mail from you, if you wish to discuss this further.

Regards

Brian

Well today just got interesting...

15:09:04 Draconian power limits affect businesses?After reviewing the current product line, we've come to the conclusion that we don't actually produce anything with viable sale value for the current UK market. Pistols at 600fps although legal and superiour in quality offer little advantage at 3 times the price over currently available Umarex air pistols. Rifles at 1200fps are quite clearly unskirmishable and as such have limited appeal in the UK market. With this is mind its been decided that running A51 and producing Airsoft guns and associated equipment is no longer a viable option.

This won't affect warranty it will also not affect outstanding items that I shall be dealing with personally during this week. Bottom line until such time as our draconian gun laws become more reasonable in the UK A51 will cease to operate.

Current stock of Airsoft accessories will be randomly mailed out to people we have had dealings with in the past without charge as a thank you for the last three years. I would like to say that the last three years have been fun, however the UK's firearms regulations make this impossible.

Kind regards Dee (Posted for Dee due to lack of internet access)

Taken from A51 website - www.area51airsoft.com

Archived