Metal Gear Solid weapons and loadouts

I'm very familiar with the whole cosplay/otaku thing being practically one myself (though I have yet to cosplay as I was end up not having enough money! *hides recent airsoft purchases*).

Unfortunately anime is way too cool for its own good leaving people like me thinking who cool that gear would be and then sitting around stumped trying to figure out how to actually make it useful for practical use.

I'd like to figure out how the heck Snake carries his huge mass of weapons. Last I checked, a rocket launcher can't fit in a backpack.

And no, don't tell me they are in his pants.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm very familiar with the whole cosplay/otaku thing being practically one myself (though I have yet to cosplay as I was end up not having enough money!  *hides recent airsoft purchases*).

Unfortunately anime is way too cool for its own good leaving people like me thinking who cool that gear would be and then sitting around stumped trying to figure out how to actually make it useful for practical use. 

I'd like to figure out how the heck Snake carries his huge mass of weapons.  Last I checked, a rocket launcher can't fit in a backpack.

I haven't cosplayed... yet... I think it's one of those things that I'll do it once before I die just for the heck of it; so I could say I did it.

My friend on the other hand, has. He's got the type of childish/younger face, and he's not that big either, that he (with some make up) could cosplay as a female character pretty well, which he has... (I promised him I wouldn't tell, but I think I'm save if I'm half the globe away)

Snake's backpack uses the groundbreaking theory of "hammer space" :D

EDIT: Damn, Jack beat me to it...

I'd like to figure out how the heck Snake carries his huge mass of weapons.  Last I checked, a rocket launcher can't fit in a backpack.

They're clearly packed into his rectum. Like any computer game character he reaches behind himself and suddenly it's in his hand, where else could it be? Remember the cigarette smuggling?

thumwood, care to show a pic?

in the process of ordering an eotech now. any one know which wold be better, the 512 or 552. ? ( or anyone know which is in mgs4. ?)

also. what do you think on the paint. ? keep it od or find thesame colour as in the game. ?

wieghts 5kg. with bat....with out eotech of course. :)

pics.

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03219.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

any comments on how to make it look better are welcome / needed

cheers

the torch is the closed i could find. with the lenght and the beveld tip. ?

and i thought the fh was the same. ?? any one got a pic. ?

550... the same as the 552 right. nv capable

cheers bud

just saw the new previews. it looks like you can make up your own gun. saw few pics of him useing a m4 without torch, aimpoints, iron sites. without m203. without virt grip. etc.

Archived