Metal Gear Solid weapons and loadouts

@Shardik .. it looks a lot like a Fal actually ... with maybe a 30 round mag?

Anyone on to my stupid question what camo is Snake wearing:

tumblr_mo9yw6hiZf1ql48v6o1_1280.jpg

This is from the MGS5 Phantom Pain Trailer ... it shows it in some details in the first 1 minute and also at 2mins 40 in this trailer:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from the MGS5 Phantom Pain Trailer ... it shows it in some details in the first 1 minute and also at 2mins 40 in this trailer:

Modern interpretation of Tigerstripe? Or perhaps one of the many, many variations in its pattern that exists at the time?

It is definitely Tigerstripe based, but as to the exact type or if it is just a modern reinterpreatation I can't be sure.

Looks like a somewhat darker version of this: http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00187.php

'FireKnife'

I had same problem when I planned to do the camouflaged version of Revolver Ocelot based on that figurine. Would have had to start with plain brown and then hand-painted the camouflage on to get right kind of pattern. :D

Ended up putting a nice suit under the oilskin coat. Much easier.

Looks like the dime-a-dozen ACM Tigerstripe before first washing. Compare with my photo: http://seriously-mike.tumblr.com/post/34716029524/a-half-assed-yet-pretty-practical-cosplay-of

Ebaybanned used to do a set but I don't think they have them anymore. Just checked and can't find it anymore.

To me it just looks like a lighter more upscaled version of the one used in MGS3 but then that game always had a hazy feel in the outdoor bits where most of the tiger stripe pics come from.

Best bet would be AVRN repro stuff as the typical modern stuff (that is dark green, brown and black) just wouldn't look right if going for an authentic loadout.

'FireKnife'

I second the ARVN Tiger stripes that Big Boss is wearing. Which are known also known as gold tiger stripe, because of the light shade of  green.

Ehobbyhobbyasia have some nice repro golds at the moment. I think the Tru-specs would be good route too, especially if it is a modern cut.

It's a Beretta AR70...

I Think its an FNC in the first half of the game(ground zeroes)But I think the rifle in the later 1980s Afghanistan part of the game it's an SAR-80(its shown in the wall in the fox engine demos iirc) , If there's any of the Peace walker style base building you could be given a few options, and even without it, the variety of weapons that do the same thing in MGS4 shows Kojima's not above a little redundancy here and there.

Archived