Tanaka Umbrella Magnum gas filling

ColDaz

I've just recieved a Tanaka Umbrealla Magnum revolver, similar to this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...629_review2.htm

The problem I have is with filling it with gas. I have the adapter as described in the review, and have spun the cylynder around to expose the valve.

When I try to fill it with gas though, it just sprays out and freezes my fingers to the adapter...

I'm pretty sure that the adapter is the wrong size, or I'm just not connecting the two sufficiently to get the gas through, but if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Daz

Thanks for the help mate, it really is appreciated.

I just happen to be what is commonly known as an ''idiot'' when it comes to most...mechanical things. I can break things just by looking at them too hard.

Anyway, what exactly would be the ''crane screw'', it's difference with a ''shorter side plate screw''?

I get the idea, as in remove the whole cylynder to fill with gas, but just not sur how to do so.

Thanks mate.

EDIT: By any chance do you mean the part that holds the cylynder (with the fake bullets in) to the bit that swings them away from the main body of the gun? As in, in the middle of the six fake shells and the other parts swing arond it?

Not quite sure what you're looking at, so I'll try and describe it as best I can. On the right side of the revolver, somewhere a little in front of the trigger should be a screw. Remove this and you can take the cylinder and the are it's on off the frame. Works on my Chief's Special, anyway.

As for using the fill adaptor, I have to use it on my SAA. Best way seems to be to hold the gun vertically, so it's standing on the end of the barrel. Then press the brass tube into place on the valve. Line up the gas can with the tube, then, fast and with no hesitation, press firmly down. You'll still get some gas leakage, but not too much. Hope that helps. :)

Of course, you could always sell the revolver to me.

:zorro:

i have a question for you, does your umbrella magnum shoot wildly off in random directions?

i own two and they both suck, i have tried everything to fix the problem, made sure the barrel isnt loose, tried removing the hop-up on one of them, tried both hammer springs, different gasses, heavier BBs, etc etc. the damn things litterally couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if i was more than 20 feet away from it.

Thanks for the help mate, it really is appreciated.

I just happen to be what is commonly known as an ''idiot'' when it comes to most...mechanical things. I can break things just by looking at them too hard.

Anyway, what exactly would be the ''crane screw'', it's difference with a ''shorter side plate screw''?

I get the idea, as in remove the whole cylynder to fill with gas, but just not sur how to do so.

Thanks mate.

EDIT: By any chance do you mean the part that holds the cylynder (with the fake bullets in) to the bit that swings them away from the main body of the gun? As in, in the middle of the six fake shells and the other parts swing arond it?

As Sledge said, the crane screw is the side plate screw just above the trigger. Swap that around with one of the other side plate screws which are shorter and therefore won't stop the crane arm from being removed from the frame.

Chris.

Ah, brilliant. Been a lot of help, and I'll try it out as soon as I get my work done.

Sledge: Not a chance in hell, but thanks anyway. ;)

WarMonger: I haven't fired it yet, due to no gas going in (oh the irony), but when I do, I'll post in here or just PM you to tell you about the accuracy, power, etc.

Thanks.

Archived