2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up a TM 4.3 last Friday, used it at UA on Sunday and absolutely love it! It's incredibly satisfying to put 0.25's into someone's neck with a double tap. :D

Just looking at the parts that are available in the UK for it, so far the only thing I've seen is a stainless outer barrel, replacement triggers and the usual assortment of recoil springs and gas valves. Anyone reccomend somewhere I can look for shiny new bits? I'm mainly interested in metal slides, inner barrels, maybe a strike kit if there's one around?

Yeah, found some good stuff on WGC, have to check out Den Trinity. Was kind of hoping I could get that kind of gear in the UK, maybe it'll start to filter through with a little more time..

Anyone had any problems with the Guarder stainless outer barrel for the TM 4.3? My previous experience with metal outer barrels tells me it would affect the action and need slight modification.

I'll need to take some new pics. . but here's my ol' project WA from '96. . and I'm STILL working on it. .

Custom Western Arms Speedcomp II:

1) Extremely RARE Speedcomp II metal slide w/ Colt MKIV series 80 markings (not SVI or Para)

2) Sheriff Barstow steel breech

3) Guarder steel outer barrel for WA comps

4) PGC firing pin

5) PGC reinforced nozzle

6) Sheriff mainspring and cap

7) Sheriff floating valve

8) Sheriff 6" LRB w/ hopup rubber

9) CP piston head

10) Guarder recoil spring

11) Custom IPSC "sidewinder" scope mount

12) TASCO Propoint IPSC red dot

13) Gilmore Speedleader IPSC race holster (red white blk)-NOT SHOWN

14) matte burnt orange (looks red) paintjob on grip

15) COLT grip medallions

UNFINISHED. . need to add a slide cocker and alot more!!!

4e47.jpg

06ec.jpg

4783.jpg

doesnt the scope weight it to one side?

you really don't feel the offset. . .

the main thing is. .I'm a right-handed shooter. .and of course, I wear my race holster on my right. . when holstered, the scope/weight is closest to my body so it's very balanced. . it also makes it easier to draw from the holster. .whereas, if you have the scope in-lined dead center. .weight is away from the center of gravity of the holster.

in real IPSC. .your mags and rounds will make up for the offset along with gravity.

also the offset scope. .it allows my dominant eye to sight in on my target easier than an in-line mount. Dont ask how or why. .it just does.

Edited by the cleaner

here's another of my WAs. . been my main sidearm for 7+ years and still have yet to fail me:

CUSTOM WA SVI 3.9 limited two-tone RAILED "V6"

Specs listed in image. . but since added:

1) CP piston and O-ring

2) CP hop up rubber

3) Sheriff floating valve

4) forgot to mention it also has a PGC metal blowback chamber

5) I'd also like to emphasize that I machined the custom railframe detail about 2-3 years before Western Arms released a railframe 3.9 or 4.3 SV. My rail exclusively fits the G&G M3 light.

6) I machined and ported the "V6" details in the slide/barrel

SVI-3.jpg

3taclight.jpg

I wanted the M3 light to sit really FLUSH with the 3.9 thus the rail was machined specifically for that application.

sorry for the shotty pics. . they were taken on an old 480x640 digicam IONS ago. . I need to retake them.

WTF, TAQ is back?!! God, I've been away too long. In fact, I never put up pics of my TM 4.3. The only thing I added was the guarder outer barrel. I need to replace the slide at some point; especially since there's nicks in it from removing the apoxy.

PICT1777.jpg

PICT1762.jpg

PICT1798.jpg

PICT1780.jpg

PICT1801.jpg

Yeah, I think the dis/reassembly of the 4.3 is pretty much the same as the 5.1, but I'm more interested in the complexities of reconnecting the grip and trigger assembly to the the lower frame. I can't get that from the exploded diagrams.

Basically, there are three strips of metal in the back of the grip, which have to connect with various parts in the rear of the lower frame. Just wondered if anyone had a guide to clarify which goes where in what order before I embark on a trial and error exercise that could result in breakage.

I think this is the right place to ask. Will this metal kit fit the Kimber Desert Warrior SCW 3?

I have fitted an SCW3 Kimber Warrior to an SCW2 PGC Springfield Operator kit, and an SCW3 Warrior to an PGC SCW2 MEU kit - you *may* however need a teensy modification (above the normal fitting) to the lower disconnector or frame, to allow the disconnector to rise to sufficient height during cycling (I modified the frame on mine). That's not to say it wouldn't have worked otherwise, but I am ultra fussy though and want things to be in exactly the right place! ;)

WA SCW 3 HRT

Shooters Design Kimber metal slide

'long' Novaks from Kimber Warrior

PGC Doberman metal frame

Ed Brown ambis and trigger from SV Infinity

WA Doberman magwell

Stainless recoil spring rod from WA SCW TLE

Recoil spring plug from a S70 then machined to suit.

I wasn't sure whether or not to add stainless ambi-safties, beavertail and mainspring housing,

but decided to go for a more subdued look.....for me ;)

gallery_16881_775_28600.jpg

gallery_16881_775_3417.jpg

gallery_16881_775_18033.jpg