2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para Ordnance Custom PXT Hi-Cap

Based on WA SCW3 Para Ordnance HRT

WA SCW2/3 hybrid using SCW3 fixed HOP and blowback unit with SCW2 firing mechanism

Prime PO PXT Hi-Cap metal slide

PGC PO Doberman metal lower frame

WA Doberman magwell

Prime Steel Novak front and rear sights

Ed Brown ambis and trigger from SV Infinity

Long recoil spring rod from WA SCW TLE

(Yes it did used to have a Kimber slide, but I decided that the wider cocking serations

on the PXT slide better suited the Doberman slotted frame ;))

This am bestest gnu!

Great work.

Para Ordnance Custom PXT Hi-Cap

Based on WA SCW3 Para Ordnance HRT

WA SCW2/3 hybrid using SCW3 fixed HOP and blowback unit with SCW2 firing mechanism

Prime PO PXT Hi-Cap metal slide

PGC PO Doberman metal lower frame

WA Doberman magwell

Prime Steel Novak front and rear sights

Ed Brown ambis and trigger from SV Infinity

Long recoil spring rod from WA SCW TLE

(Yes it did used to have a Kimber slide, but I decided that the wider cocking serations

on the PXT slide better suited the Doberman slotted frame ;))

Very nice! Was there any trouble installing the Ed Brown safeties? Been meaning to get the beaver tail and safety ambi but not sure which model to get (series 70 or 80).

Very nice! Was there any trouble installing the Ed Brown safeties? Been meaning to get the beaver tail and safety ambi but not sure which model to get (series 70 or 80).

Glad you like them!

Ed Brown safties were drop in parts, although I did relieve the top of the Para grips just a touch to make them sit prefectly where the lower of the thumb rests touch.

The Colt Series 70 and 80 guns - both these types use the standard GI type grip safeties and GI-ish thumb safety. The stem size (rod that goes through the gun) on those safties is 4mm, WA ambis run with 5mm stems.

Post a link if you will be so kind to the Series 70/80 models your talking about, I assume you mean guns, not safeties? Or is this some strange Sheriff nomenclature for Ambis that I am not aware of ;)

Edited by Mobius Strip
Glad you like them!

Ed Brown safties were drop in parts, although I did relieve the top of the Para grips just a touch to make them sit prefectly where the lower of the thumb rests touch.

The Colt Series 70 and 80 guns -  both these types use the standard GI type grip safeties and GI-ish thumb safety. The stem size (rod that goes through the gun) on those safties is 4mm, WA ambis run with 5mm stems.

Post a link if you will be so kind to the Series 70/80 models your talking about, I assume you mean guns, not safeties? Or is this some strange Sheriff nomenclature for Ambis that I am not aware of ;)

Actually on the Ed Brown product webpage they list a beaver tail safety for series 70s and a different one the 80s. Ive been stuck on figuring out which is the right size for the WA SV series. Maybe it doesnt matter?

Actually on the Ed Brown product webpage they list a beaver tail safety for series 70s and a different one the 80s.

Ive been stuck on figuring out which is the right size for the WA SV series. Maybe it doesnt matter?

Ah, I think this is a case of crossed, crossed wires - not only am I talking about airsoft parts and you're talking about

the real thing but I'm also talking about ambi's and you're talking about grip safeties! :D

I have never fitted the real thing to an airsoft gun!

From my RS days (we're going back over 10 years now, here in the UK!), I think the Series 80 beavertail had to have a

different "block" (bit that blocks the trigger bow) to suit the extra parts for the firing pin safety in the Series 80 guns

i.e it had an extra bit cut out of the block. In which case the series 70 should be fine as the WA replicas don't have

this feature.......if suitable for airsoft. Check the size of the hole in the grip safety too. WA ambis tend to be 5mm,

I sure my real Ed Browns on my SV were 4mm!

Not the best piccies, the first one shows a low thumb safety and short trigger, which I tried to see if it

suited my 'smaller' hands better.

gallery_16881_775_14765.jpeg

gallery_16881_775_28925.jpeg

gallery_16881_775_31950.jpeg

Hey Matt,

I thought you never use a plastic jawed mag without the PGC lips :P

Thanks

I don't, that's my real SVI that I used to own :P

As we were talking about the real thing, I put them up. Look closely and you'll see that's the follower

with a touch of spring below it I do believe.

Thumb safety came from Brownells....and it all worked fine and dandy ;)

Edited by Mobius Strip

Sorry about the quality. I was in a hurry, and the first generation digicam decided the air was not grainy enough.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/maelxtrom/Airsoft/img_1682.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/maelxtrom/Airsoft/img_1704.jpg

Not much but a M3 taclight and a Poweredge "MOAR" custom threaded barrel with a steel chamber.

Currently awaiting funds for a metal slide and an extended slide lock.

Edited by Professor Bobo