2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the contrast of the polished silver vs. beadblasted finish.

DSC_0286.jpg

Opted for stock black back straps, to create an illusion of compatability, and because they look cool, kinda like racing stripes.

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

Ported goodness

DSC_0290.jpg

As you can see, the Limcat's compensator makes the gun a full inch longer than the 6" SVI, enough to hide a PDI 7" 6.01 barrel underneath.

DSC_0293.jpg

Slide locked

DSC_0294.jpg

Here kitty kitty kitty...

DSC_0292.jpg

Still not finished yet.

r.ocelot,

what scope mnt is on your Limcat? I like how the screws are under the frame vs. the sides (less drilling/tapping).

I like the black striping effect too. . .however, I would've had the hammer black as well. . keep the slide release lever, ambi safeties and trigger silver.. .even more striping effect. . mask the scope mount off and just paint/anodize just the weaver rail black ..then the entire spine of the gun will be black. .

The scope mount is the SD one.

I plan to get a black spur/backless speed hammer, you know , the kind that's flush with the back of the slide? As for making other parts black/silver, I'll need to think of a way to do it such that I can match it to my SVI. That'll come later, after I finish with the internal stuff (PDI 7" 6.01 barrel ftw!).

customhicapa.jpg

Might get the slide engraved at some point, since I'm a customisation ###### :)

If anyone has a spare hi capa 5.1 front sight they want to sell me, I will love them forever. I had one on the above pistol, and it looked so much nicer than the 4.3 front sight, but it got lost during a skirmish (I'd filed it too much to fit properly, and it snagged on a branch, came off with no resistance whatsover :( )

Edited by Crumbelievable

The finish is pretty good on the Freedom Art frame, though it is much lighter than stock. The barrel they send with the kits are still Tanio Koba rifled, so I think it is a 6.04 or 6.05mm. Not the best barrel, but it is a few mm longer than a 5.1/1911 length so I keep using it.

1955360z.jpg

1955360{.jpg

1955360A.jpg

My TM Hi Capa 5.1

SD OPS MRP slide

SD Barsto .45 chamber and barrel

Guarder Enhance recoil rod

Guarder Hi-flow valve

upgraded recoil spring(don't know what brand)

I also have the SAS kit, though I think the gun looks better without it. I want the integrated rail of the freedom art kit, but can't afford it just yet and don't know if I can install it myself...