2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, no, because in a fit of rage at the intermitent light striking I tore the WA down. Now it is in pieces. I'll get back to it sometime soon. Oh yeah, and I need to touch up the frame since it has been sitting around for months now.

Edited by hkssr20det

polystyrene - Those are two hardcore Hi-Capas. What they don't have in high style they make up for in shear intimidation :) . Defiantly good skirmish pieces. Also, your making me want to buy a grey grip. Nice work.

Also, are those your sidearms?

Edited by Romulus

Cool. I almost exclusively use a Hi-Capa (two when my other one shows up in the mail) when I skirmish pistols only. I haven't found anything else that works quite as well.

I suppose that the 'there he is... duga duga duga' style is effective if nothing else. :)

I'm having some trouble getting my SVI to cycle properly with the new Guarder metal chamber, it slides easily on and off the hop-up chamber/housing, but as soon as I insert the pin and put it in the gun, it gets stuck :(

I have tried shaving off material on both the chamber and hop housing but it just wont work.

Is all this part of the regular fitting process?

I just want to make sure this is right, but if you get a comp set on say a TM Hi Capa 5.1, do you need a special outer barrel, elongated recoil rod, and if it comes with a sight on it, should you just take the front sight off the actually slide? Or if I go with a strike kit, all I would need to do is screw it on and that's that, right? No extended parts?

It depends on the comp set. I just ordered one from X-Fire (PDI's shop in Japan) that only needs a standard threaded adapter attached to the inner barrel.

I picked this because I did not feel like spending $250+ on something that did pretty much the same thing.

For some good ideas of different compensator options I would suggest looking around X-Fire's Website.

______

In other news my new compensator is coming in tomorrow so with any luck I will have new comped Hi-Capa pictures up tomorrow morning. :)

I'm having some trouble getting my SVI to cycle properly with the new Guarder metal chamber, it slides easily on and off the hop-up chamber/housing, but as soon as I insert the pin and put it in the gun, it gets stuck :(

I have tried shaving off material on both the chamber and hop housing but it just wont work.

Is all this part of the regular fitting process?

Nevermind, sorted it out now :)

Also, borrowed a camera:

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

Close up of the slide.

IMG_7333.jpg

And here's close up of the little ###### that caused some major problems.

IMG_7331.jpg

Edited by Moriquende

tmhicapainfinitybluecomra6.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluecomcz6.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluecomck1.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluecompm6.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluecompx3.jpg

I think that now, with the comp, this project is just about done. I'm not sure what else to do to it.

I am very pleased with how it has turned out. As it stands now its parts list is as follows;

* SD Infinity Slide (5 inch)

* SD Real Blue Grip (SV)

* SD Fiber Optic Rear Sight (red)

* SD Hot Shot Mag Well (Kryloned Black)

* SD Mag Lip

* Guarder Metal Barrel

* Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

* Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

* Guarder Enhanced Loading Nozzle

* Guarder High Flow Valve(s)

* 9Ball Dyna Piston Head

* 9Ball Air Seal Chamber Packing

* PDI Threaded Barrel Adapter

* PDI 7 Inch 6.01 Tightbore

* PDI Compensator

This gun really shoots like a dream.

The compensator gives it even more weight and in my testing so far has functioned extremely well.

What else can I say? This gun makes me happy :D

@ r.ocelot: I'm glad to get feedback from you. Your advice on the compensator was good.

As far as your list goes;

Since this is a skirmish piece I'm not going to invest in an SD frame since I would be afraid to us the gun,

If TunerGuy ever decides that contacting me and/or sending me a gun would be a good idea, I will have 9Ball controls for this,

As for the steel hammer sear set thats one of those things that I apply the "if it's not broke don't fix it" policy to. Right now I am happy with the performance but this may change when I get a black hammer for it,

As for the V-Hop Up rubber I had never heard of someone using it is a Hi-Capa before. If this is possible than I'll get one right away. If you have anymore info about it it would be much appreciated.

I am not quite happy with the mag well but I am considering getting it anodized by Junior when he does his batch of stuff. If finances don't allow that than I think that I will repaint it and then clear coat it to make it more durable.

Edit: @ Junior: Black Hammer is in the works next HK order. 9Ball controls are as above (I'm waiting to call till later this week cause I'm a softy).

Edited by Romulus

I see, that makes sense. That would be awesome if you could do that. Thanks.

If there is any sort of an improvement I'll be getting one. Come to think of it I believe that Scithe was saying that he had one that worked well.

Edited by Romulus