2011 Picture Thread

Romulus and Krame:

I think a SA slide with an STI/SVI grip would look wierd..thats why I switched back to the stock grip. (BTW -Junior I have the SVI stickers (un-used) if you want.)

The Guarder slide is decent if you want to save some money.

If you are good at polishing and sanding that is. And you either have to keep cleaning and polishing or coat it with something.

I've found this Guarder slide to stick on my SD barrel chamber. It doesn't happen often, and even less often if it is very well lubed.

I'm going to sand the slide where its sticking on the chamber.

My next build I'm going to use all SD parts - I prefer their fit and finish.

I'd like to see some more open class IPSC type 2011's with different compensators and sights (much as I like the clean and stock looking).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found this Guarder slide to stick on my SD barrel chamber.

So did I. I sanded and polished the inside of the slide the contacts the chamber and that seems to help a lot.

And you either have to keep cleaning and polishing or coat it with something.

I have had really good luck with cheap automotive clearcoat that I picked up at an auto parts store. I currently have an entire HFC 190 which is polished and coated with it.

I think a SA slide with an STI/SVI grip would look wierd

It's true. It's also a shame since I, at least, fine the SD grips to be more conformable. I suppose that the middle ground would be a TK grip.

My next build I'm going to use all SD parts - I prefer their fit and finish.

Good luck with your next build

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll end up going with the guarder slide. I just dont know which one to get, the infinity or the SA. Also, what else would I need to keep the stock performance. Recoil spring? High flow valve?

Edited by krame

I would def. do new 150% recoil and hammer spring. I've got the Guarder springs in mine. I wouldn't bother buying a new valve. I just pulled my stock one out and cut off 2 opposing pillars on it. That shoots harder on propane than my CO2/mag. Wish I had some Red gas and a chrono.

btw...Guarder does make slides without markings in silver.

Edited by the4thpower3

No they dont, they do "silver" which is a silly bead blasted grey-ish finish for people to paint over.

Someone feel free to correct me, but thats what Ive found in my experience.

Just bought 2 shooters design slides for my TMs, the chamber dropped in fine, but when i screwed in the allen screw, it went bent! :@

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dom

No they dont, they do "silver" which is a silly bead blasted grey-ish finish for people to paint over.

Someone feel free to correct me, but thats what Ive found in my experience.

Just bought 2 shooters design slides for my TMs, the chamber dropped in fine, but when i screwed in the allen screw, it went bent! :@

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dom

What model TM 5.1 or 4.3? 5.1s require you to mod the rear sight to clear the blowback chamber.

You are right, I didn't mean to mislead anyone. They do call it "silver". But it looks like a powder coat or primer like finish.

I actually like the finish, unfortunately nothing else is finished the same (ie. controls, comps)... but it still looks good with black.

But in Krame's case he wants to save some money. And can't decide on a "make". So I figured I'd mention that Guarder slide. It can still be polished.

And its cheaper.

silverGaurderslide.jpg

Catalog Accessories - Pistols\Metal Slide & Lower Frame

Name Guarder CAPA-14 (A)

Description Guarder Hi-Capa 4.3 Metal Slide Without Marking

-In Silver Colour

-Fits for Marui Hi-Capa 4.3

Weight 75g

Price US$ 55.00

Edited by the4thpower3
Also, I like the SA guarder slide but would it look weird if I used that with an SD sv/sti grip.

You could always get the SA slide and have either RSP1 or R.Ocelot stipple the grip...

I'm sure if you ask nicely one of them would do it ;)

Edited by junior
You could always get the SA slide and have either RSP1 or R.Ocelot stipple the grip...

I'm sure if you ask nicely one of them would do it ;)

Nice idea, but I just went with the infinity. Then I'll get the black sv grips. This might sound stupid but how do you remove the inner barrel from the outer barrel on the TM hi-capa.

the4thpower3, what grit sandpaper did you use to polish the frame? How well does it match the frame? Is it very high-maintenance?

I really really want a limcat... ugh...

I can't decide between a 2t black or the silver one. However, if I get the silver one I'll need to do something about my frame to get it to match, or buy the freedom art one. There's no way that I'm going to spend 200+ on a SD frame...

I have a few questions

1. What is the scope rail that all of you have on your limcats?

2. No places seem to have the 2 tone black slide in stock anymore, I'll probably have to get a black one and polish the sides myself if I want that look. However, from my experience, bare polished metal seems to need a lot of maintenance, but I can’t spray it with a protective gloss because I don’t want the black part to be glossy. Do you guys know of anything I can do to prevent the side polish from dulling?

I’m probably going to be selling my WA SVI to fund my limcat… I’m really fed up with SCW3’s.

the4thpower3, what grit sandpaper did you use to polish the frame? How well does it match the frame? Is it very high-maintenance?

I really really want a limcat... ugh...

I can't decide between a 2t black or the silver one. However, if I get the silver one I'll need to do something about my frame to get it to match, or buy the freedom art one. There's no way that I'm going to spend 200+ on a SD frame...

I have a few questions

1. What is the scope rail that all of you have on your limcats? All of the ones I have seen in this thread and beyond have either a Shooters Design mount base type A in black/silver, or a Shooters Design Doctor sight base. It depends on whether you want the itty bitty slide mounted Doctor, or a larger frame-mounted, over-the-slide C-More/Aimpoint/Whatever

2. No places seem to have the 2 tone black slide in stock anymore, I'll probably have to get a black one and polish the sides myself if I want that look. However, from my experience, bare polished metal seems to need a lot of maintenance, but I can’t spray it with a protective gloss because I don’t want the black part to be glossy. Do you guys know of anything I can do to prevent the side polish from dulling? The SD, Prime, and PGC kits I have owned in the past did not need protective gloss. I sometimes repolish the side-polish parts on my BoomArms G34 kit when they get scratched, and I never have problems with oxidization.

I’m probably going to be selling my WA SVI to fund my limcat… I’m really fed up with SCW3’s. Aren't we all.

Well, in my personal opinion, the quality is lower.

The firing pin system also sucks, it requires a lot of modification and upgrades to use green gas. It seems that a lot more things go wrong, and require modding/fixing.

Are the G&P scope mounts any good?

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...unt-Base/Detail

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...unt-Base/Detail

Are they L-shaped, and screw into the frame on only 1 side?

Does anyone have any pics of guns with these mounts?

Also, are there any compensator kits/barrels for WA 2011's?

Thanks for the help.