2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, are there any compensator kits/barrels for WA 2011's?

Thanks for the help.

Shooters Design makes compensator barrels for WA's, you can find them at Den Trinity: GSMS962A GSMS962B GSMS962N are the item numbers.

If you have problems with Shooters Design, Guarder also makes a number of compensator barrels, do a search for "championship" on WGC, UNco, Den, or Tokyo-Model. The Guarder variant requires you to purchase the suppressor/compensator locker separately, which allows you to pick between the fluted and standard variant. The Guarder variant also might not be compatible with SCW barrels, as it was designed for a Magna.

As to the SCW 3 issues, under green gas the firing pin has a tendency of deforming the seer, which, once deformed, has been noted to cause light strikes. This can probably be fixed by changing the seer to an SCW 2 one, or probably changing the firing pin to an SCW 2 design.

mythe123 "the4thpower3, what grit sandpaper did you use to polish the frame? How well does it match the frame? Is it very high-maintenance?"

-I'm not even 100 % sure. I used a Dremel with a sanding bit first. Then they have these sanding/buffer bits (look like steel wool wheels). They were

in grits from like 300-500 and "polish" (I think). I used a dremel steel brush bit (looks like a broom), that shined it up more. I used auto/car Turtlewax

compound then polish with buffer wheels. Then cleaned that all off and used a Rustoleum clear coat enamel.

I've (partially) built another wacko frankenstein - this one is all out of spare parts. I didn't spend a lot of time making it "pretty". But I thought I'd share

now........obviously still needs some (missing) parts.

CIMG1668.jpg

CIMG1667.jpg

CIMG1666.jpg

CIMG1657.jpg

hahaha... That's great to hear considering it's all junked parts from what I had and my friends gun.

It's all stock internalled (<is that a word?) though. It's missing a few things so it doesn't fire yet.

Thanks for the praise guys :)

-luvs2shoot - I'm suprised you asked about the grips and not the freehanded slide porting ;)

Edited by the4thpower3

That's a nice hi-capa, although I don't really like the painted grip.

Thanks for the help on the compensator barrels. I looked around though, and there are practically no compensators for sale... only 1 or 2 really expensive ones. Do you guys know of any decent looking compensators for cheaper? Do they sell the stock compensators for the WA championships anywhere?

Krame - your gold barrel turned out well! did you put a clear coat on it to keep it from wearing too quickly?

4thpower - you build some unique crazy looking HiCapas! You should drill matching ports in the outer barrel as well tho. What camo look were you going for on the grips? Looks like a pigeon took a dump on them :) That thing will look sweet with a scope.

On another note - anyone seen the 9Ball 7.0 Custom slide

nb1126_04.jpg

too bad it's ABS...

Edited by ViciousV10s

Yeah, I have metal Hi Capas. I want to short stroke an ABS slide. See how fast I can get it to fire accurately. Quasi-race gun.

Another idea is a TM 4.3 with a TK slide and PDI Comp for power. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

Edited by hkssr20det
Yeah, I have metal Hi Capas. I want to short stroke an ABS slide. See how fast I can get it to fire accurately. Quasi-race gun.

Another idea is a TM 4.3 with a TK slide and PDI Comp for power. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

Hkssr, you need to leave some builds for the rest of us! :P

I thought I was the only one thinking that :P

Took the words right out of my mouth.

hkssr20det: A more racy build like you were talking about a few posts up would be really cool to see. One of the few things it seems you haven't done is a race gun.

Well, once you've decided on ABS, it seems you have already put more importance on performance than cosmetics. Additionally, I suspect a 6" or 7" ABS slide may be very close to, or even heavier than, a 4.3" metal slide. So why not go for the minimalistic approach for slide movement by using an ABS 4.3" slide, and get the barrel length simply as part of the barrel rather than through using a long slide. The most attractive way you could do this would be to do a comp'd build off a 5.1 barrel, much the way the4thpower3 did one his, only using black aluminum barrel parts and black ABS slide instead of polished aluminum parts. Of course you would want to change a number of things for the sake of being unique, but that seems to me to be the best way to get the barrel length with a really fast cycle speed. I suspect you'll also want to do some careful filing/polisihing for a very light trigger, and probably use a flat-face style, so that you can really rapid fire without screwing up your point of aim with the quick trigger pulls. After all, if you're going to be shooting fast enough to take advantage of the weight difference between one slide and another, you're going to be shooting fast!

ETA: Ok, I'm not sure that made any sense whatsoever. Let me rephrase in 'the most complicated way I can state this and still be speaking English, while tired':

1. For really high speed, you should use a slide that is not only ABS but small. TK Les Baer 4.3 might be good.

2. You can still use a long tightbore if you hide it in a 5.1 barrel and comp. That way you get the added length from parts that don't need to move nearly as much in cycling. Make sure the barrel fits and tips perfectly for best results.

3. If you are going to be shooting it really fast, the trigger should be light with a short travel. A flat face might help also.

Edited by RSP1

hkssr20det - what color TK grip? if its OD - you wanna sell it?

I dunno about the 7"ers. I think they look wierd being that long. I think that 7" 9ball that Vicious just posted looks retarded.

I think a 6" would be cool.

Do a race gun - I would love to see some more really nicely built race guns :)

HMMM - good insight there RSP1.. you could also short stroke the 4.3 ;)

Edited by the4thpower3

I bought the last sets of Black grips I could find. Poweredge USA still has the OD grips in stock (I think).

I have a 6.0 Hi Capa in metal, I am looking to build something new. I might go 4.3 but with the PDI Comp and have DB cut me a barrel. That might be an option. The one thing I don't like is the full race gun with optics look. I am looking more at an iron sight version.

Edited by hkssr20det

Funny that would suggest a 4.3 with a 5.1 outer barrel and compensator RSP. Just this afternoon I was playing with some spare parts and came up with this...

43idealongmz8.jpg

43lockedui0.jpg

43idealefthg9.jpg

The silver barrel would have to go obviously but its really an interesting gun in person. Really impressed with how little recoil the stock 4.3 slide has. I am tempted to get out some tools and port it so that it would be even lighter.

I'm certainly not keeping it this way but it was a fun trial to do to see just how well you can get the gun to preform (cyclical speed and no recoil).

Sorry about the picture quality. These were just some quick shots for the fun of it.

Romulus - I love it like that! Where'd your recoil guide rod go??

hkssr20det - thanks for the find. I'm gettin them grips. - Do you know if WA type magwells fit the TK grips?

I short stroked my 5.1/4.3 frankenstein - slide doesnt lock back though.

Edited by the4thpower3

Good Spot!

I only had a 5.1 recoil setup and it looked really weird with in so it went away for the pictures. I need to get some 4.3 parts from my friend to mock it up correctly.

I have to say that I like how snappy the 4.3 slide is. I'm really tempted to port it similar to the one that you did a page or so back. How long did it take you to do that by the way?

"Recoil guide?!? We DON' NEED NO STINKIN' RE-COIL GUIDE!"

4.3 with the SD blue grip looks really cool... all of this is very inspiring for my next build project.

Oh, and to whoever was asking - I'm browsing DEN Trinity and they display both the OD and black TK grips as in. Not the Caspian though.

Edited by RSP1