2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I find TK grips on STI's and SVI's a bit strange looking as well. They do look great with V12 and Kimber slides though.

@ Curious: Really like your pictures. The gun is a bit three-tone for my taste but it's always nice to see more blue grips out there.

Curious, do you have any pictures with the red Grip set on? I'm curious (no pun intended) to see what they look like installed...

The blue set looks rather bright....which is good (in my opinion), and I'm hoping that the red set will look just as bright...

Edited by junior

Krame - I acutally like that setup. I agree with everyone else too. I prefer 2011 svi/sti style grips (just be cause I like the squared trigger guard). But since the TK grips are a supposed to be more of a 1911 double stack variant..with your 1911 top end it looks good to me :)

I'd like to see the WE red grips too. Even though I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. I ordered a blue set just for kicks , couldn't help it for only $11.00.

Edited by the4thpower3

My newest works in progress, an evolution from the post earlier in the thread.

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

WA Wilson Combat Highcap

I'm waiting for the compensator for the Hi-Capa to get here, but I installed the threaded barrel anyways. Also added the custom extended slide stop, magwell, and altered the grip frame a bit more. I've got a scope mount coming as well. Should be a nice little open class pistol by the time I get everything tuned up.

The only addition to the WA is the thumb rest

img1312smallfq6.th.jpg

img1313smallcu5.th.jpg

img1314smallqn4.th.jpg

img1315smallcu4.th.jpg

img1316smallfp3.th.jpg

More pictures of the hi-capa, again.

Anyways, I'm planning on turning it into a Springfield V12. Cant' figure out if I should go with the silver SD V12 slide or go with the two tone one. Kinda leaning towards silver slide with silver controls and trigger/hammer.

2036995954_654388342b_o.jpg

2036997052_1d9e7b2966_o.jpg

2036997926_6846629f26_o.jpg

@ krame: the TK grip will look great with the V12 slide. I would vote for two tone my self.

@ Whitedingo: Really like where your Hi-Capa is going. How did you do the custom slide catch? It would be cool to see a couple more pictures of it at different angles. Is the mag well for a WA gun? There's been lots of questions lately about whether that is possible or not. Sure would open up some options if it was.

At any rate, very nice indeed.

@ Whitedingo: Really like where your Hi-Capa is going. How did you do the custom slide catch? It would be cool to see a couple more pictures of it at different angles. Is the mag well for a WA gun? There's been lots of questions lately about whether that is possible or not. Sure would open up some options if it was.

The slide catch is a modification of a standard Hi-Capa slide catch. I used a piece of aluminum stock, cut and then filed to shape and contour the extension in a way that was comfortable to me, then filed the Hi-Capa slide stop to square to allow enough adhesion surface. The two pieces are soldered together. I let it cool, then blended them together with my hobby files.

The magazine well is, *GASP* a WE product! I picked it up for $20 from a local-ish retailer. Drop in fit on the TM frame, it would fit onto the WA series frame with minimal filing of the plastic on the grip frame.

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...elerator/Detail

I'm working on a custom cocking handle to replace the rear sight, I'll post up pictures if/when I get it finished.

Also...anyone have any ideas for a design on the grip? The stippling by itself looks lonely :(

Here are some closeups of the slide stop

img1317smallqw7.th.jpg

img1318smallem7.th.jpg

Edited by Whitedingo
@ krame: the TK grip will look great with the V12 slide. I would vote for two tone my self.

Did you use any RS parts on that gun? like the magazine catch?

Did you use any RS parts on that gun? like the magazine catch?

Are you asking me? If you're asking about my Hi-Capa, no, the magazine catch button is one that I made myself. If you're asking about the WA, both the slide stop and magazine catch button are real steel parts, modified to fit (though not much!)

whitedingo - what outer barrel is that on the hi capa...PDI or Matrix? If Matrix - what do you think of the quality?

I have a PDI one which I was a little disappointed in. The material (duralim?) that the PDI is made of is ###### feels and looks like plastic. I was hoping th Matrix counterparts (which is $90.00 cheaper) would be better.

Oh, and what compensator are you planning on using?

BTW. I ordered a 7" PDI 01 inner barrel from x-fire. They sent me a 6" by accident. I emailed them about it and they sent me the 7" the same day no questions asked. They Have excellent customer service!

Edited by the4thpower3
Did they show the 7 inch .01 in stock or did you have to ask for it? I think that I may have to order another.

I asked for it. They don't show it. It may be that they are not allowed to sell it in Japan anymore or something.

But I also ordered the same 7" for the 1911 with the ccw comp attachment from redwolf. Which I put in last night....and LOVING IT!

So now I have stock 4.3, stock 5.1, 5.1 extended 05, 6" 01 and two 7" 01's inner barrels and still only 1 real gun.

Edited by the4thpower3
BTW. I ordered a 7" PDI 01 inner barrel from x-fire. They sent me a 6" by accident. I emailed them about it and they sent me the 7" the same day no questions asked. They Have excellent customer service!

Yeah that happened to me too once. X-Fire are the best online retailer, too bad they only carry PDI.

whitedingo - what outer barrel is that on the hi capa...PDI or Matrix? If Matrix - what do you think of the quality?

I have a PDI one which I was a little disappointed in. The material (duralim?) that the PDI is made of is ###### feels and looks like plastic. I was hoping th Matrix counterparts (which is $90.00 cheaper) would be better.

Oh, and what compensator are you planning on using?

It's the matrix version. Quality is pretty nice for the $20 I payed for it. The threaded adapter is the nicest piece, and the finish on the rest of the outer barrel is remarkably similar to the stock Marui finish

As far as the compensator goes, I found one of these second hand that I'm going to modify to work on the 14mm thread.

Romulus - They charged me $40 dollars (for a 6" .01 and 7"01 :lol: )

WhiteDingo - Are you saying the Matrix barrel is plastic? I thought it was metal? Or are you just saying its painted that chrome type.

That compensator would be nice if you could make it work. If its steel it might be a bit heavy though. Good luck threading if its titanium.

Edited by the4thpower3