2011 Picture Thread

probably this best place to ask about these...anyone seen/used these(http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=93&products_id=2290) before on TM Hi-Capa? I snapped the stock front sight(dumb hand) when I tried to adjust it, so I was looking for my option(the usual glow sight) then I saw this set....it does cost twice the price to replace just the front sight but I am not fan of the fibre optic look especially on what I am making my Hi-Capa to look like....

I have the 9-ball front sight for sale if that all you need.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junior's previous STI Executive. I added a few internal bits and un-did the whacky trigger job done by Tunerguy. Added a SD mag base as well to complete the look.

STIExec%20003.jpg

STIExec%20008.jpg

and for fun I threw on my spare painted stippled grips, bigger magwell and flat PDI trigger just to see how it looked

SVIvsSTI%20008.jpg

SVIvsSTI%20010.jpg

Nice Vicious. I was thinking of buying that sexecutive from Junior. Funny cause I was thinking "nah I shouldn't buy it.. I'd just do some wacky ###### to it and screw up the clean look of it". But that's just what you did! Hahahaha! That's great man. I like the painted, stippled grips on it. But I like the WE magwell better. If you're gonna leave it like that... Let me get the grey grips :) Yeah, I know you're gonna wind up putting it back. I can't want to see it in person. See you tomorrow man.

Question for guys with SD hybrid compensator barrel and matching slide(STI?) setup.

Does it make difference in blowback speed? If so, how much difference do you get?(compare to none comp setup) Because the large portion of the top is cut out on the slide, I thought it would lighten up the slide for travel speed? But then barrel/comp would take the most of weight so I can't really work it out accurately with my logic. It would be very helpful to hear real world exprience from you guys.

I'm really torn betweeen building an SVI(PGC SVI slide + nineball outerbarel) or STI hybrid comp(SD slide + SD chamber + SD comp barrel). I made my decision point on performance.

I have an STI Hybrid setup.

I haven't had a chance to put a lot of rounds through it but I haven't noticed a huge difference. I can only imagine that it is slightly better since the slide is lighter weight but it is not something that is really really noticeable like running a plastic 4.3 slide.

Let me know if I can pass on anymore info.

Ah thanks for the comment Romulus. Much appreciated. :)

Yea I love plastic slide for field/range use. Metal slides are cool for occassional plinking and during summer, but I prefer plastic slides for other occasions. I just love the speed of it. So darn fast! Too bad I don't like any of Nineball ABS slides.

I think I will go for SVI build. I was only attracted to hybrid comp setup if it's going to make noticable performance difference, which looks like isn't. Makes sense though, since comp is built around the barrel and slide will have to pull it back when short recoil kicks in.

I really like your custom grips RSP. Do you do these for everyone?Just out of curiosity, how much would you charge?

fal - If you like the performance increase with the plastic slides then you certainly won't be very happy with the hybrid slide. Good luck with your SVI project.

i've heard a lot of rumors about the guarder metal parts not fitting the hi-capa, but after some searching i found that the guarder slides fit fine. what i cane find though, is anything on the barrel. do the guarder outer barrels fit well in the hi-capa?

i've heard a lot of rumors about the guarder metal parts not fitting the hi-capa, but after some searching i found that the guarder slides fit fine. what i cane find though, is anything on the barrel. do the guarder outer barrels fit well in the hi-capa?

I didn't have any issue with mine with cycling, but they are a tad loose compare to the SD's IMO....but that's SD slide, I don't know about others.

This is my new crazy custom Uber-Capa 5.1. See my super custom melting work on my sweet plastic slide? It's teh bestest gun everz!!1!

Just kidding. This is the new base gun for my Limcat project. Thanks to Junior for hooking me up with it.

tmhicapa52leftud7.jpg

tmhicapa52rightqb1.jpg

tmhicapa52lockedqh2.jpg

Sorry it's not more photogenic at the moment.

Junior's previous STI Executive. I added a few internal bits and un-did the whacky trigger job done by Tunerguy. Added a SD mag base as well to complete the look.

B,

Had your STI Exec been a WA (and Magna). . I'd give you any gbb you want from my collection. . .

B,

Had your STI Exec been a WA (and Magna). . I'd give you any gbb you want from my collection. . .

T,

How bout this....Tunerguy's WA MAGNA SVI evil brother to his TM STI EXECUTIVE

SVIvsSTI%20001.jpg

SVIvsSTI%20005.jpg

SVI > STI ;)

SVIvsSTI%20017.jpg

SVIvsSTI%20023.jpg

Direct Link To Gallery For Big Pics:

http://www.drglocktavius.com/gallery/v/SVI/

Might as well throw this one in too:

SVIvsSTI%20016.jpg

Edited by ViciousV10s

That's not a Hi-Capa, it's a WA.

Vicious I had no idea that you had those guns. Those pictures have an amazing amount of nice gun in them. Very impressive.

You seem to have a lot of things hiding in your collection, it would be really cool to see a full group photo sometime.

Thanks, Although I can't take credit for it as it was built buy TunerGuy.

Western Arms Magna SVI 5"

SD CNC'd Slide

SD steel part #8

SD trigger

SD loading nozzle

SD rocket valve

SD magazine base pad

SD magwell

Custom cut high-flow mag valves

CP Custom bearing hammer

CP Custom light weight leaf spring

CP Custom stainless steel sear

CP Custom anti-gas leak breech

CP Custom stainless steel guide rod

CP Custom extended and reinforced firing pin

Guarder stainless steel outer barrel

Guarder stainless steel chamber with Infinity .45 ACP trades

Real steel titanium hammer strut (modified)

Real steel trigger bar (modified for zero travel)

King Arms 150% hammer and recoil springs

Custom cut and polished frame from a 6" LDC

The frame and slide were polished to 1800 grit and then treated with fingerstones, burnished, and sealed with MAAS and their metal cote sealer.

Western Arms Magna SVI 5"

SD CNC'd Slide

SD steel part #8

SD trigger

SD loading nozzle

SD rocket valve

SD magazine base pad

SD magwell

Custom cut high-flow mag valves

CP Custom bearing hammer

CP Custom light weight leaf spring

CP Custom stainless steel sear

CP Custom anti-gas leak breech

CP Custom stainless steel guide rod

CP Custom extended and reinforced firing pin

Guarder stainless steel outer barrel

Guarder stainless steel chamber with Infinity .45 ACP trades

Real steel titanium hammer strut (modified)

Real steel trigger bar (modified for zero travel)

King Arms 150% hammer and recoil springs

Custom cut and polished frame from a 6" LDC

Wow... now that's a parts list.

Who/what is tuner guy?