2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man,

At under 10 feet I find it to be more consistent and accurate than my Delta, not surprising considering the longer barrel. I hear at distances longer than that however, TM's hop up is more consistent than WA's. I haven't tested this out myself however since I don't have ready access to an area to test longer range accuracy being that I live in the middle of the city.

The kick is heavier than the Delta, given the light frame and the heavy slide.

I've got the same problem Pasch does - no place to shoot for distance :(

I need to get started with some grip stippling and painting. It'd be nice if RSP1 posted some howto's on painting.

BTW.. I just looked back to the gun that inspired my Limcat - thanks r.ocelot. (somewhere around pg.48-50) that gun is one of a few that really made me like Hi-Capas.

Yes, definitely had lots of luck getting this slide. Normally we don't get hands on such a slide around here. Therefore I specially bought a 4.3 to start my first custom project. Not really cheap though. What you see here could almost be two Western Arms in price, but to me it's worth it. Beavertail is from my 5.1, just exchanged them. 5.1 looks quite interesting with the short beavertail version and the eadgy hammer.

Anyone experiences with Nineball ABS slides on Hicapa? Want to get my 5.1 a nice custom look, too, without the need of changing springs or valves and the filling and making metal slides and parts fit.

Looks nice. I don't know what everyone is talking about the full length dust cover???????? - Seriously like 3 of you said this, what am I missing?

Looks like a regular stock TM 4.3 with a Baer Custom plastic slide, TK grips, TK trigger, Freedom Art front sight and stock TM 5.1 grip safety.

Any internal work done to it?

Here's my super duper custom 4.3 ;)

CIMG2177.jpg

CIMG2178.jpg

CIMG2179.jpg

CIMG2180.jpg

CIMG2181.jpg

Nice gripwork. And no, just optical changes. No other valves, springs or other internal changes. Would give problems with our reglementations on free weapons, as it is called around here. Something specificly German, something specificly stupid … but at least without orange tip ;) well, one positive thing at least :D

Nice Infinity slide … Guarder? The doublesided thumb savety is nice too, from 5.1 or aftermarket part? Interesting mix of black and stainless. Works well …

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Nice gripwork. And no, just optical changes. No other valves, springs or other internal changes. Would give problems with our reglementations on free weapons, as it is called around here. Something specificly German, something specificly stupid … but at least without orange tip ;) well, one positive thing at least :D

Nice Infinity slide … Guarder? The doublesided thumb savety is nice too, from 5.1 or aftermarket part? Interesting mix of black and stainless. Works well …

Those grips came stock with that gun (except for the SHPD logos).

Oh, yeah. Guarder slide. Thumb safety is stock, came with that gun. Can you guess what kind of gun it is?

Anyone experiences with Nineball ABS slides on Hicapa? Want to get my 5.1 a nice custom look, too, without the need of changing springs or valves and the filling and making metal slides and parts fit.

Perhaps I can help you on this. I have Nineball ABS slide. It needs filing on each side of the chamber housing and bottom. Quite a bit needs to be sanded/filed down at the bottom otherwise slide will stuck and wont move smoothly. I suspect this is due to the moulding tollerance where the inner surface of slide is not as shallow as stock one, which makes the chamber sits lower.

TBH I was quite disappointed by this. The slide is not exactly cheap. Actualy quite expensive for a plastic slide and it doesn't even fit straight on. Far more work to be done for fitting compare to PGC/SD metal slide.

One thing I liked about is that the slide stop notch has cut in a way so it reduces the wear on it. and obviously it gives different look while still reserving gas consumtion. But that was it. The finish(paint etc.) was ok. Nothing special. Trademarks are laser printed. Not engraved.(another disappointment. But I knew this before purchase.)

After fitting it properly on, I noticed no difference between stock plastic slide in terms of performance; speed of cycle, kick back etc. So I suppose there is really no reason to go for it unless you really want the look of certain slides they make, or that you don't want metal slide on it.

I wish this slide is made out of fibreglass. At least gives reason for the upgrade. But I suppose this is just the way it goes.

hope this helps.

Finally got around to taking a few pictures of the first phase of my Limcat. I am still working on sourcing the SD barrel to run my comp with and I have a few other surprises as well. However, I couldn't wait on pictures any longer so here goes.

cat2ic7.jpg

cat4jm9.jpg

These first two show the difference between the Black mag base and the custom painted mag base. I am still trying to decide which one is better and would like to gather as many opinions as possible.

cat1gh7.jpg

cat3oi0.jpg

cat5sm6.jpg

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Custom Stippled and Painted Stock Grip

TM Custom Painted Mag Base Plate

KA 150% Hammer Spring

SD Enhanced Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blacker

SD Hot Shot Magwell (Custom Painted/Polished)

SD Mag Feed Lip

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD Fiber Optic Sight Blade

SD Extended Mag Catch (SHPD Logo)

SD Limcat Slide

SD Recoil Bushing (Silver)

9Ball Floating Valve Spring

9Ball Long Slim Slide Catch (Silver)

9Ball Thumb Safety (Silver)

Guarder Hi-Flow

Edited by Romulus

Looks good Rom. Crazy looking but definitely has that race gun feel to it.

Krame - I like the new Limcat gear but I have to say that it would look even cooler if you polished the slide so that it would match the frame and contols.

Thank man. Good idea, but I could bring myself to mess with a $90 slide. I'm probably going to change the frame and controls though.

Edited by krame