2011 Picture Thread

Thanks.

I am trying to make this gun one of a kind. I have my STI Hybrid gun if I want something subtle. This project is supposed to be radical.

Thank man. Good idea, but I could bring myself to mess with a $90 slide. I'm probably going to change the frame and controls though.

I suppose that the other option is to get a $230 SD frame. That would be the best way to get the gun to match. I actually like the polished controls (though if you got them bead blasted like the ones on Juniors old STI that would look awesome too).

Edited by Romulus
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to taking a few pictures of the first phase of my Limcat. I am still working on sourcing the SD barrel to run my comp with and I have a few other surprises as well. However, I couldn't wait on pictures any longer so here goes.

cat2ic7.jpg

cat4jm9.jpg

wow man! that is one sexy gun. the grips really look nice on it... and fit the name nicely too :P

seriously though, that is possibly the nicest color grip/gun combo, and once you laden it with accessories it will look soooooo nice!

It's nice to see that old Blue gripped WA 6". That was the gun that inspired all my Hi-Capa building.

4th - I used to hate the tri-tone look but I think it's more a matter of finding a set of colors that work. The reason I tired for the grip was because I didn't want to copy Vicious and do yet another classic two-tone Limcat.

As for a Raymond Ho Slide...If I win the lottery I'll be right on that. :)

Thanks.

RSP did indeed do the grips. I guess you have one that he did so you know that they are good quality. I actually am working on several more with him right now. If I'm not careful I am going to be running RSP Custom grips on all my guns.

As for the Comp Outer Barrel, I am waiting for DEN to tell me it has shipped out. I can't wait to get the comp on.

bored last night and sanded my stock TM 5.1 frame thats sitting around to see 1) how well the finish will work with sanding on pot metal and 2) exploring 2-tone option for my 1911 when it gets here....

looks ok, though I still preferred the rail-frame so I pretty much took the pics and put it back to the rail frame...

Suprised how well the finish is with just 100grit and 800 grit....

3301332c.jpg

3301332d.jpg

Edited by RacingManiac

Just took a few quick pictures of the next stage of my Limcat. The SD comp barrel is really nice. It seems to function better than the SD 2 piece barrels. Obviously my final step is to get an optic. As soon as my sale threads do their thing I will be ordering an ATN reflex sight for this. With any luck it will be in by next week.

catrail1cz8.jpg

catrail2bw7.jpg

catrail3sh7.jpg

catrail4bi8.jpg

If I were you, I'd stick with the stock set, and modify the hammer for a shorter/crisper pull. It's pretty easy with a dremel (I had to do it by hand with sandpaper...).

That's not a bad thought. hkssr20det did an awesome job tweaking the tirgger pull to be super light when he worked on my Delta. I think that he mainly tweaked the disconnector though. What part of the hammer would I need to modify?

have you considered a rearless hammer? would definitely make it unique.

I have considered one but I like the option of being able to hand cock my gun. I actually like the style of the stock hammer, it's just that its finish sucks.