2011 Picture Thread

I'm not sure that I ever finish a project like this but I certainly feel that I have finished the orange phase of this gun. It has grown from a 5" to a Comped 5" and now has reached the point where it can't really get any bigger. I haven't had a whole lot of time to shoot this gun yet but from my testing the optic works great in tandem with the PDI 7". In other words this gun is a tack driver. I am still planning to do a few more little things like lighten up the trigger which should help the gun become even more consistent. This gun is also a hard hitter due to the Hi-Flow and 7" barrel. With any luck I'll get it to a chrono sooner or later (mine doesn't like winter weather) so that I can have exact numbers. I hope to do some testing of the guns 20m grouping once I get everything sighted in and fine tuned. My only major regret is that this gun hasn't quite made it to the 1k mark yet. I'm sure it will in time though.

At any rate the gun is certainly ready to be shown so enjoy. As always comments and suggestions are helpful and appreciated.

limcatfin1fq2.jpg

limcatfin2ru1.jpg

limcatfin3lj0.jpg

limcatfin4wa9.jpg

limcatfin5zd7.jpg

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Custom Stippled and Painted Stock Grip

TM Custom Painted Mag Base Plate

KA 150% Hammer Spring

PGC Piston Head

Guarder Hi-Flow

SD Enhanced Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blocker

SD Hot Shot Magwell (Custom Painted/Polished)

SD Mag Feed Lip

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD Limcat Slide (Two Tone)

SD Recoil Bushing (Silver)

SD Limcat Comp (Two Tone)

SD 'STI .38 Super' Comp Barrel

SD Type A Optic Mount

PDI 7" 6.01 (163mm)

KM Stainless Guide Rod

9Ball Floating Valve Spring

9Ball Long Slim Slide Catch (Silver)

9Ball Thumb Safety (Silver)

9Ball Chamber Packing

ATN Ultra Reflex Sight

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As always comments and suggestions are helpful and appreciated." -Romulus

hmm i got one for you

my comment- how about the sickest airsoft race pistol i have EVER seen?

i mean given, i've seen MANY great ones on arnies airsoft. but after that first post of just the limcat pistol with that grip...WOW :o

if you don't mind, im going to save those pictures of your 2011 on my computer :D

Edited by luvs2shoot

Thanks for your comments guys.

Looks pretty good ROM. That site looks decent for the price, hows the dot quality? Why dont you ever take pics of the other side of the gun?

You know I never really noticed that. I normally take a huge batch and then pick out a few good ones. I guess that I just got unlucky.

There have been several people interested so I think that I will try to put up links to larger pictures this afternoon.

It would be fun to see what kind of power a fully upgraded TM HiCapa would put out with a 300mm inner barrel. The 6.03mm X 300mm barrel I had made for my KSC Glock 17 yielded a high of 563fps. I always wanted a GBB that shot 600+fps

563fps.JPG (Guarder Chrono)

Edited by ViciousV10s
It would be fun to see what kind of power a fully upgraded TM HiCapa would put out with a 300mm inner barrel. The 6.03mm X 300mm barrel I had made for my KSC Glock 17 yielded a high of 563fps. I always wanted a GBB that shot 600+fps

My Tanaka Super Redhawk on green gas with .12s shot a little over 600, oh you meant under normal conditions:

redhawkfps2th1.jpg

I have finally rounded up all the bits necessary to get my STI Hybrid working so I thought that I would post a few pictures. This gun was born because I bought a base gun from Junior that had a number of bead blasted parts. Since I needed black bits from my Limcat I decided to try to work the bead blasted grey pieces into my STI Hybrid. This is the result but I am still looking for ways to improve it. To my eye it is good but not quite perfect. I welcome any and all suggestions for other things that I could do to tweak this gun further.

Probably my favorite piece of this project is the custom grip frame. It started life as a blue SD grip but after spending some time with RSP it now is a one of a kind piece of art. I feel that the black and grey splatter painting is the main factor that ties this guns' somewhat unique color scheme together.

As far as performance goes this gun has been totally tricked out as usual. It shoots like any other highly upgraded Hi-Capa (read really really nicely). The kick this gun delivers makes it a bit challenging for precision target shooting but it is a blast to plink with. I actually like the added recoil because it challenges me and is actually somewhat helpful in training me to shoot RS guns.

At an rate this gun is still a work in progress so any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have found that many of my projects are heavily influenced by other people suggestions and that they are all the better for having multiple designers.

artsti1su3.jpg

artsti3yi3.jpg

artsti4ra7.jpg

artsti2ii8.jpg

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Frame, Grip Safety, Mag Catch (Bead Blasted)

SD STI Hybrid Eagle 5.1 Slide

SD Hybrid .45 Chamber

SD Hybrid Outer Barrel

SD Blue Grips (Custom Painted)

SD Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blacker

SD Piston Head

SD Enhanced Mag Lip

SD Recoil Plug

PDI 5" 6.01

9Ball Chamber Packing

RCW Fiber Optic Sights

Guarder Hi-Flow(s)

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

WE Magwell (matte)

(As always Hi-Res images are available upon request)

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Frame, Grip Safety, Mag Catch (Bead Blasted)

SD STI Hybrid Eagle 5.1 Slide

SD Hybrid .45 Chamber

SD Hybrid Outer Barrel

SD Blue Grips (Custom Painted)

SD Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blacker

SD Piston Head

SD Enhanced Mag Lip

SD Recoil Plug

PDI 5" 6.01

9Ball Chamber Packing

RCW Fiber Optic Sights