2011 Picture Thread

Do you guys know where I can pick up a KM or CP customs (or any stainless steel) hammer strut for the TM 5.1?

One possibility for the CP hammer strut would be to pick up a full hammer mech upgrade kit from RedWolf. It might be a bit more than you want to spend though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to get Vicious to take some pics of my guns in his "light" room.

Here's just an updated pic of my SCS .45 ACP.

New:

Black 9Ball Wide/Extended Controls

SD STI .45 ACP Chamber

SD Straight Barrel

SD Barrel Bushing Set

WE Matte Magwell

TK 3Hole Trigger

CP (custom fit) Mag Release Extension/Button

2 TM 4.3 Dual Stainless Mags (because I just got a DS)

+ My Speed Rig: CR Speed Belt, CR Speed Mag Pouches, Speed Sec Holster

CIMG2520.jpg

CIMG2553.jpg

CIMG2548.jpg

Edited by the4thpower3

Very nice 4th. Where did you get the matte WE magwell?

Do you guys know where I can pick up a KM or CP customs (or any stainless steel) hammer strut for the TM 5.1? No one has them in stock.

Found a KM hammer strut over at airsoft global. They say it's in stock....we'll see if it ships <_<

UNCompany has is listed for sale..but as the Chrome finish not Matte...but all they have is the Matte.

Gn'G have both listed for sale on their site. I think HKS ordered one of each from them.

Email DEN about the KM hammer strut. I tried to order one a couple months ago when it was listed as instock. But it wasn't. And since then they listed it out of stock. But they emailed me a while ago saying they got them in. You'll have to check.

barbie with a different dress? with the polished stock frame and now 2 tone comp.....

3304815a.jpg

3304815b.jpg

3304815c.jpg

Or without the comp....

3304816b.jpg

3304816c.jpg

3304816a.jpg

The recoil rod is replaced with a guarder steel variety, the stock one's coating is not holding up too well with the stainless bushing, but guarder ones don't fit too well. I ended up putting it on a lathe and sanded and polished the guarder rod so it fits nicely....

Edited by RacingManiac

Finally got a few new things in.

First up is my new 4.3 I bought for spare parts, but ended up having enough bits and pieces in the drawer to actually build something out of it. Still have some good bits left to fit but for now:

516e24ed.jpg

d1a9b6e0.jpg

Also got a few parts for my 5.1. Still need to complete the look with some sort of comp unit (what I was going to use turned out not to fit). Otherwise it is coming along nicely. Never thought an optic would be so nice, but now I want to fit them on everything.

a351c56d.jpg

dd48ca25.jpg

c041f067.jpg

Two excellent guns.

I especially like the look of the 4.3 stainless. I have to agree with you that it looks better with black controls. Very slick little gun though.

As far as the 5.1 racer goes, the only things I might tweak would be the grip (personally can't stand the look of stock grips) and maybe a 9Ball ABS after market slide (if you wanted to do more cosmetic work). Still, these are both great as they are.

Edited by Romulus

RM - That does look like a nice polish job. What's the deal with the recessed hole in the front of the Guarder guide rod. I think it looks cool. Does it come that way or did you do that?

HKS - I like the 4.3 with the TK grips..What are you planning on doing with the 5.1 (as in for what use?) Did you have fun fitting that WE magwell to the stock TM grip? I haven't tried with mine but I noticed it doesn't fit a TM grip. I like that style SD scope mount. I don't know if I like that sight though. What is that thing?

The WE is incredibly easy to fit. Line the front in straight and true, and smack the rear with a rubber mallet (I use a screwdriver handle). It really is as simple as that.

The optic is a King Arms Red/Green 4 Reticle thingee. The dot is clear and true, could be a little more paralax free.

RM - That does look like a nice polish job. What's the deal with the recessed hole in the front of the Guarder guide rod. I think it looks cool. Does it come that way or did you do that?

I did the polishing on the lathe, but inorder to support the guide rod without grabbing onto the sliding surface, I use a 5/16" collet to grab the portion below the spring base(which is like 1/4" long), which means I need to use a live-center on the other side to support it on the far side. So I first centerdrilled that face so that a live center can fit, then I proceed to polish.....hence the recessed hole....looks ok at the end I guess....

For those who have installed their own modifications on their GBB's, do you think installing more durable frame and grips is complicated? I've modified my Marui Tactical Master without much of a problem, but the TM M9 disassembly is rather simple. I'm curious, because I'm thinking of installing a new hammer spring and replacing the frame, grips, slide and outer barrel. Would it be wise of someone in my position to look into customizing my TM 5.1? If anyone has a disassembly guide on the TM 5.1 or knows of one, that would be a great aid. Thank you for your time and consideration.