2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The barrel is actually really simple, you just get the metal polishing compound(mothers, blue magic or something, I think they all work to the same extend) and just polish the stock item. The SD barrels and bushing have a pretty fine finish to them that there is little need to sand it further. Rub it on and rub it off and it looks like that(plus a bit of good photography angle) with the good light. The bushing needed a tad more work, as the pic a few pages back shows, it has some machining mark on it. So I use 100 grit to get the marks off then just go progressively higher grit to ~1500 then I hit it with compound to finish. I was surprised at how well Blue Magic(the compound I am using now) works with stainless steel as I remember Mothers didn't work as well, but I rarely work with stainless parts before so I may have just remembered wrong.

As much as I liked my "LimTiger" I decided that the orange was a bit crazy and that my Limcat would be better off with a simple two tone theme. RSP was kind enough to work up another custom grip for me and I'm very happy with the result. I am still not 'done' with this project but I am getting pretty close. If anyone has any suggestions or comments about how to finish this off I'd be interested in hearing them.

bwcat1bo9.jpg

bwcat2qe8.jpg

bwcat3tc8.jpg

bwcat4ws6.jpg

bwcat6wu9.jpg

bwcat5xi0.jpg

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Custom Stippled and Painted Stock Grip

TM Custom Painted Mag Base Plate

Guarder Hi-Flow

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

SD Enhanced Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blocker

SD Hot Shot Magwell (Custom Painted/Polished)

SD Mag Feed Lip

SD Limcat Slide (Two Tone)

SD Recoil Bushing (Silver)

SD Limcat Comp (Two Tone)

SD 'STI .38 Super' Comp Barrel

SD Type A Optic Mount

SD SHPD Stickers

SD Piston Head

PDI 7" 6.01 (163mm)

KM Stainless Guide Rod

9Ball Floating Valve Spring

9Ball Long Slim Slide Catch (Silver)

9Ball Thumb Safety (Silver)

9Ball Chamber Packing

ATN Ultra Reflex Sight

Thanks all.

The main reason I am running a single sided thumb safety is that it was the only one that I could easily get my hands on in silver. I actually hate how it works when I'm shooting since it is really easy to hit it and accidentally engage it while I am trying to reach the slide lock. I think that the most practical safety option would be a stock 1911 safety. I guess that I'm just not an ambi fan because they are so big and clunky.

To those who suggested the ambi safety, what are some of the benefits of them in your experience? I used them for a long time but was never impressed.

I like the wide ambi's because i run my thumb up on them for accuracy (watched that Todd Jarrett youtube too much).

I never had that issue with the Nine Ball until I removed the half cock and grip safety. My stock 4.3 safety on my Delta works all the time, but it doesn't bother me since my thumb is on it when I am firing.

Edited by hkssr20det
I do the same thing when I shoot my Delta. I guess that with a 2011 my grip is different.

Maybe I'll polish up a spare stock TM ambi and try it out again.

Have you considered using the thumb of your support hand to hit the slide release as you bring the hand back up after a reload? I do that with 2011s rather than use my right hand because I can't quite reach the slide lock without adjusting hand position. I think it would keep the grip safety out of the way and is pretty fast too.

Edited by RSP1