2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I'm thinking about getting into those postal matches you guys were talking about a few pages ago. Right now I have a TM 5.1 stock internally with a guarder metal slide and thats it. Im just about to order a magwell for it but what else should i put in it to get into competitive shape? Thanks! :D

the4thpower3 - Nice to see an updated picture of your Hi-Capa family. They all look great.

Krame - I think that the polished 'Cat slide is a hug improvement. Not only is it one of a kind, it also helps bring the whole gun together since the frame and slide now match. All you need now is a new grip and that gun will be smashing.

Thanks Rom :) Too bad I can't get the SCS to shoot right :(

Slayer- We'd love to have more people shoting in the postal matches.

You can use your gun the way it is and shoot in Standard Div.

A mag well is good. I would suggest a (NineBall or some other extended button) mag release/button. It helps a lot to speed up reloads.

Recoil and hammer springs are a good and cheap investment. Short stoking helps too. You don't need much at all.

Those would be the main/best mods to start with to compete (but you don't even need them). You don't need a holster yet. You can just start from low-ready position.

Another great and fun investment ($110) is a MadBull stop timer. Then you're set to compete. Once you start to enjoy it, you can get a holster, mag pouches, and belt.

Click the link in my sig and start reading :)

Thanks 4th, I already did read through that whole site for the most part. And I already printed a couple of targets and tried out the setup from last months postal match and it seems pretty fun. If I do decide to shortstroke my 5.1 would that just entail putting a new recoil spring in? I would like it to be easy to switch back and forth to non-shortstroked because my 5.1 is also my main sidearm :P And I will definately be looking into getting one of those madbull timers, practical shooting is something I've always wanted to get into with airsoft but since here in Rhode Island, where absolutely nothing happens <_< , there was no one to compete against so this is perfect :D

You don't need to modify anything to start competing man, you just need to practice.

Most short stroke kits are easy to swap in and out. It is basically just like swapping recoil springs. The only one that is "more" difficult would be the Nine Ball unit, which also requires you to replace the guide rod.

Have any of you had any experiance with the freedom art fiber sights? I can't seem to get it to fit my SD slide. It almost seems like it needs to be filed a little but then I'd have to repaint it. It fits fine on the original TM 5.1 slide. Also, what did you guys use to secure the fiber optic piece to the sight? I was thinking a small dab of super glue would do the trick but the "directions" show pictures of someone rubbing a chopstick or something on it, lol. I can't read Chinese (think that's what it is anyway). Just looking for suggestions.

4boost:

try looking in the Just Pistol section for Rom's guide on the freedom art sight....

back to the 2011 pics:

Now with TK Tactical Grip.....

3306623a.jpg

3306623b.jpg

3306623c.jpg

3306623d.jpg

The grip itself feels very good, much tighter feeling compared to the widebody, unweldiness of the stock Hi-Capa grip, but I don't like the injection molding parting line and a small gap between the grip safety and the grip itself on the ejection port side of the gun....

need to get some 4.3 mags....

Nice. I always liked the TK grip for the short time I had it. They do feel a lot better they just didn't look right on a 2011 frame gun. But it looks better on yours since you have a straight barrel and bushing so it look more like a 1911 anyways.

4boost:

try looking in the Just Pistol section for Rom's guide on the freedom art sight....

*snip*

Just to clear up any confusion, my guide is actually concentrated on the SD Rear Fiber Optic Rear Sight Blade so I'm not sure that it would be much good.