2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I've been thinking of cutting the 4.3 frame for a long time too, but wasn't sure if it'd actually turn out right. But it's easier than one might think.

Mag:

- 4.3 with carom shot valve (normally use 5.1 mags with stock valves)

Frame:

- mutilated and steel wooled 4.3 frame

- 5.1 grip with rounded trigger guard (drop of epoxy in the hole that appears where you cut the trigger guard)

- 5.1 grip safety

- 4.3 thumb safety

- 4.3 MSH with nineball spring (also tried a 150% spring, but that was overkill, nineball is close to 4.3 stock spring)

- rounded 5.1 hammer

Slide:

- SD silver sti edge, sanded, rounded, steel wooled. That factory satin finish is super hard to get off!

- freedom arts fiber front sight

- SD silver barrel bushing set

- nineball threaded 1911a1 barrel

- SD 150% recoil spring, homemade recoil buffer (plastic washer cut to size with some rolled-up teflon tape behind it, the 4.3 rubber buffer was too soft and was getting squashed)

- nineball dyna piston head

- stock 5.1 inner barrel with firefly hard hop bucking

I was going for a sort of battleworn hobo look, I don't like pretty guns. Maybe I should add some scars and gouges in slide, frame and grip?

That's certainly a unique piece. I have never quite seen the likes of it.

My suggestion as far as the grip goes would to to pick up a WE grip (they are really cheap) and then give it several different coats of different colors (shades of grey and black) of paint. Then you could add as much artificial wear as you wanted to make it match the rest of the pistols theme.

My only other though would be to cut the first quarter inch or so of the frame off to give it more Kimber-esq proportions. That's really just a matter of taste though.

Really cool idea though. It makes me want to try something like that.

I have to confess that my intent was to do another Hi-Capa photo shoot with a background different than white. However, the pictures didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. This was the only one that really worked and I liked it so I figured that I'd post it up.

randomcativ1.jpg

Also, if StealthBombers signature is true (it says that the one joule rule is revoked) I can now now disclose the fact that this gun is averaging 410 FPS (.2 Toytechs 68F GG) over 10 shots.

(Note: if for some reason it is still forbidden to discuss FPS figures feel free to delete this. Cheers)

Edited by Romulus

Nice one, I don't suppose it's an older S30V model?

Too bad I can't use that lens with my camera, stupid AF-S only :-/

Is that the SCW3 SVI? Are you running CP SCW2 internals, or just the hammer with the stock sear/disconnector set. Also, what's that grip-tape ish thing you applied on your grips?

Edited by r.ocelot
Nice one, I don't suppose it's an older S30V model?

Too bad I can't use that lens with my camera, stupid AF-S only :-/

Is that the SCW3 SVI? Are you running CP SCW2 internals, or just the hammer with the stock sear/disconnector set. Also, what's that grip-tape ish thing you applied on your grips?

Thanks, it's one of the new D2 ones but I like it better since it doesn't have the side grooves on the body - they just collect dirt and stuff... About the gun, Yes it's the SCW3 SVI, currently it's running on stock sear, disconnector and filed down firing pin - the Kimber hammer was just for the photo, I'm waiting for a SCW2 disconnector and then I'll install the SCW2 internals. The griptape... It's my idea really since I didn't want to mess with the grip alot so I bought some griptape in a Skateshop (yup it's a skateboard griptape) it's REALLY nice, takes some time to cut it just right but it's wort it!

BTW I asked a couple of questions in the WA Issues thread - would be great if You could take a look ;)

Ah, blood grooves are just for show anyway :D Been trying to find an older HALO 3 with the tritium insert firing button myself.

Is the magazine bottom flush against the bottom of the magwell? And what happened to the recoil rod?

Recoil rod is there ;) I'm gonna have to change the mag ends because right now the mag actually comes IN too far so reloading is not that easy ;)

I have to confess that my intent was to do another Hi-Capa photo shoot with a background different than white. However, the pictures didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. This was the only one that really worked and I liked it so I figured that I'd post it up.

That's awesome. :blink:

I could never make something like that. My favorite tools are:

- hammer

- duct tape

:P

Thanks. I have had help on various bits (like the RSP grips) so I can't take all credit.

I agree with you though, Duct Tape is the best thing out there. (on a side note I regularly use a large hammer when I take the gun apart, I find it one one of the most useful gun smithing tools out there)