2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HKS - May the force be with you on that one :)

Maybe it will grow on me..but there's something about it... non matching 3 tone with a green FO :unsure:

The blue is heading away as soon as I can get my Fire order worked out. I am swapping for silver. I think I am going to swap the slide as well, but Magna slides are hard to come by these days. I found one I like, now we need to see if it is actually in stock.

Krame - Looking good as always. I do like the LDC.

Krame - Looks awesome! You got that slide pretty quick. I def think it needs a red FO front sight.

HKS - Sorry, I guess I've got a bad memory. I was trying to figure out why you bought that Speedmaster at all. I guess I forgot/didn't know it was a Magna....so that's what the big deal is!? Is there anything else special about it? (other than the blue bits you're getting rid of).

Got my Executive slide in today. Almost done cosmetically.

2360520556_b918c5852a_o.jpg

did you cut the recoil rod? if so, you should clean it up a bit so that you don't see multi facets on the end ;)

be a shame to ruin the look of a beautiful gun

It's cool that the Speedmaster is a Magna unit, but a shame that they lost the SV logo on the frame. How do you like it Ben?

yeah. . hey Ben. . .what DOES the frame say? Kinda hard to tell by the pic? WA released 4 different hicap frames with different engravings from what I can recall:

1) WA grip medalion logo, WA and ASGK (early hicaps like Prokiller, Optical & Iron Match)

2) blank, WA, ASGK (Speedcomp, TAC, CQB, some others)

3) SV logo, WA and ASGK (Wilson hicap, SVI/ SVFs)

4) SV logo, WA, ASGK and serial #s (for limiteds like SVI 4.3 non-railed, 6" Hybrid Comps, etc)

you mentioned the slide is lightweight too. . .that's the original slide from the very first WA SV released. . the classic SV slide with the small "R"

overall. .looks like a franken-gun from various Magnas. . (minus the Expert grip)

Edited by the cleaner
Cleaner - The frame only says ASGK. Nothing else. I wonder if these are just all stock parts re-assembled into "new" guns.

totally put together from other stock WAs:

1) Blue triggers came from certain Limiteds like the SVI 4.3 and 4.3 railframe. I don't think any other SV came with blue triggers.. red (Excellerators), black(SVF Prokiller, Bulldog) , silver(SVI) and plastic shoe (Wilson) ...then later Titanium finish. .

2) If I recall correctly, blue magwells never came with any stock WA SV. . I do know WA sold blue, silver, black and red magwells as an aftermarket item when all they had on complete SV guns were black and silver magwells. . .

3) grip is obviously from an SCW Expert

4) blank ASGK frame is from early WA hicap models as stated in previous reply. ..not from a stock SV.

5) slide is from WA's first released SV variant also knowned as Classic SV small "R" if you've ordered a metal slide for it.

I finally have a full update of the recent work that has been done on my TM 'Cat. I sent this gun down to hkssr20det since I knew that I would be out of the country, and thus, not able to use it for the next few months. I had him drop in a full AS hammer mech kit as well as do the final detailed tuning of the whole piece. He also ended up swapping in a new stock frame, a TK trigger, and a 9Ball mag catch. I think that this gun really is pretty much finished in this form since I'm almost out of idea's for it (but I'm sure I could dream something up). I really can't wait to handle this gun but unfortunately I can't post my thoughts 'till I get back home in mid June. I will hopefully have final FPS numbers to post up in a few days as well.

The photos are courtesy of hkssr20det. He was kind enough to put his optic on the gun for the pictures (I didn't ship my ATN optic since I didn't want to insure the package for more than $800) but I still own and will continue to run with my ATN. A big thanks goes out to him for his work on this piece. I always like to get my final projects tuned by someone who really knows what they are doing and hkssr20det is the guy to go to.

As usual questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

catathks3dx0.jpg

catathks2vs9.jpg

catathks1tw3.jpg

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

TM Custom Stippled and Painted Stock Grip

TK 3-Hole Trigger (Black)

AS Type 3 Hammer

AS Hammer Strut

AS Valve Knocker

AS Steel Sear

KM Stainless Guide Rod

Guarder Hi-Flow

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

SD Enhanced Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blocker

SD Hot Shot Magwell (Custom Painted/Polished)

SD Mag Feed Lip

SD Limcat Slide (Two Tone)

SD Recoil Bushing (Silver)

SD Limcat Comp (Two Tone)

SD 'STI .38 Super' Comp Barrel

SD Type A Optic Mount

SD SHPD Stickers

SD Enhanced Piston Head

PDI 7" 6.01 (163mm)

9Ball Floating Valve Spring

9Ball Long Slim Slide Catch (Silver)

9Ball Thumb Safety (Silver)

9Ball Checkered Mag Catch

9Ball Chamber Packing

Not Pictured:

9Ball Rubber Magazine Base(s)

ATN Ultra Reflex Sight

Borrowed From hksr20det:

King Arms Optic

did you cut the recoil rod? if so, you should clean it up a bit so that you don't see multi facets on the end ;)

be a shame to ruin the look of a beautiful gun

Also try to move the slide backwars so it don't stick out in the front, it spoils the overall look :)

Also try to move the slide backwars so it don't stick out in the front, it spoils the overall look :)

Funny cause mine does that too. I don't know if it's an SD thing or too strong of a recoil spring (never tried it with a stock recoil spring).

Anyhow..

I just can't do speed shooting without a good mag release button. So...

Real Steal STI Mag Release Button

CIMG3023.jpg

CIMG3022.jpg

And just a recent shot of my rig (heavy with all those mags).

CIMG3020.jpg