Star M249 Para Examined...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt you could get an AEG rifle, with an auto winding c mag, and a gun case for 400$. what do you people want? hey why doesnt star just give them away for free??

the only thing that ###### me off is that the sight is not adjustable. but we cant have everything can we..

im willing to bet star will make some kinda magazine for these things.

Hey, nice review.  Might if you post it at the Airsoft GI forum? =)  Here is the link:

http://www.bbsdepot.com/forum/

Go right ahead. And thanks for asking, BTW. :)

Hehe, I think he's asking you if you'd like to post this there. ;)

Sensing a flood of new Americans joining the forum in the next few weeks. :P

another great one static. hmm i must now....should i get one or not. lets say this. i have no job. and the as long as it doesn't break the plastic body is fine. the charging handle doesn't function so who cares. ignoring all of these then would you say it was worth it. or should i double my money for a CA249 para

This is how we put it

STAR M249 = Hyundai SUV

CA M249 = BMW SUV

Some people can afford a BMW, some people cant. What do you expect a SAW that is simply 60% of the price of CA M249.

STAR M249 is a poor man's M249. You can say, heck, I can get a drum mag and a M16 or any other gun. But, its still not a M249 =)

Edited by airsoftgi
*glues his piggy bank back together*

I'll be holding off those these reasons:

No working cocking handle

Plastic receiver

And the biggest reason, doesn't take M16 mags.

I still want it for the case and box mag though :(

Yeah the mag thing really bummed me out at first. I just assumed it would take them, boy was I wrong. I think I'll get over it though.

The plastic reciever, it's not that big a deal. It's solid enough, and it's not like you touch it that often. I know where you're coming from though. Holding a CA249 a few weeks ago made me leave the credit card at home for a while.

I'd have liked a working cocking handle for sure, they're just plain fun. *Goes off to play with his UMG*

Hehe, I think he's asking you if you'd like to post this there. ;)

Sensing a flood of new Americans joining the forum in the next few weeks. :P

Ah, hmm. I should have read that more carefully. I suppose I can transpose it there easy enough. Though I'll probably have to wait until monday since the text file is at work.

Speaking of flood, my PM inbox is pain!

This is how we put it 

STAR M249 = Hyundai SUV 

CA M249 = BMW SUV 

Some people can afford a BMW, some people cant.  What do you expect a SAW that is simply 60% of the price of CA M249.   

STAR M249 is a poor man's M249.  You can say, heck, I can get a drum mag and a M16 or any other gun.  But, its still not a M249 =)

That about sums it up. Want a SAW? An M16 with a drum ain't no SAW...

Edited by staticzero
Damn straight, and a burst of 6mm on anyone who would treat a M16/G3/MP5/AK as one.  Score +1 for milsim!  :D

Heh. *Loads box mag with exactly 200 (effective) rounds and then passes out 30 round star mags to everyone else* :D

Hey, anyone have a link to where I can get some linked dummy rounds for this thing? The kind with colored tips, tracer every fifth and all...

Edited by staticzero

Hey Static, I have tons of m249 links and pretty sure I have some green tip ss109 and tracers. I can whip out a dummy chain for you. PM me.

On another note, for realism the fact that the gun doesn't take a mag is really no big deal. The original Minimi model had that feature, but most of the current production guns, including the MK46, don't have the feature at all. IMHO, they should have just left the feature off of the Star altogether if it wasn't going to be functional.