Star M249 Para Examined...

Wild Monkey box is a drop in. There are no modifications required and shimming the gears is about 100 times easier than with the polycarb box.

Be sure to use the screws (the two thin-headed phillips) they give you for the trigger switch. The stock ones' heads are too tall and will bind the top half of the mechbox when you try to put it together.

The only thing close to an 'issue' I had was that the black paint used to paint the outside of the box set up in the bushing holes and made it very difficult to seat the bearings. Similar thing happened with the motor where it wouldn't move forward and back in its cavity until I sanded the cavity a bit.

Upside is that the metal box quiets down the mechbox noise noticeably.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you have to do is put the spring guide in position two and you'll get normal FPS results.

Read from here if you don't know what I'm on about: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=564854

It would also be wise to check your compression.

Edited by staticzero
All you have to do is put the spring guide in position two and you'll get normal FPS results.

Read from here if you don't know what I'm on about: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=564854

It would also be wise to check your compression.

Hi. I am currently having Star M249 with Monkey gearbox settings. It fires around 340fps with M120 Spring. I bought used one, and the owner had an option spring guide for closer spring squeeze. (It has the same effect with the second opsition spring guide)

Now I got PGC gearbox for STAR M249, and I will find out whether the velocity goes higher, or lower. :) By the way, Staticzero, did you have tried with PGC's with your STAR M249?

DSC06424.JPG

My Star M249 with Hurricane Shrike.

That M4s hot... I figured out what my problem was today, the 2 metal parts that turn the mag on and off, the ones on the plate shown before had bent togeather, but today as soon as I thouched them 1 broke off, sence Im going to sell it I will probably have to track down STAR and get a real fix not jerry rig it.

Any body want to buy a saw?

You can't put spring guide to LVL 2 position because you need to modify that clip what keeps spring guide inside of gearbox.

EDIT: That is problem with PGC gearbox. I have mailed to them but no answer. :/

Edited by Foukus
You can't put spring guide to LVL 2 position because you need to modify that clip what keeps spring guide inside of gearbox.

EDIT: That is problem with PGC gearbox. I have mailed to them but no answer. :/

topgunshop_971.jpg

phx_spring_guide_03.jpg

Have you ever tried with the option spring guide above also? :)

Edited by crazy4beat

Yep, teflon tape is the solution if you're going to use a bucking other than OEM. I've tried nearly every AEG hop up bucking available in this gun, all of them fit loosely.

I compared a Guarder hard bucking + teflon tape to the stock bucking and got almost identical FPS results. This would seem to indicate it's a viable option.

Though Star has made their bucking available, it can be found on some HK sites.

I've not sure if anyone actually posted this but I know Slo mentioned that he put an o-ring over his inner barrel as a spacer and I think Staticzero may have mentioned what size was needed but I can't find that anywhere ( I might of imagined it ).

What size o-ring will fit and act as a decent spacer between inner and outer barrel.

Thnx