Star M249 Para Examined...

How the heck do you remove the outer barrel and hop unit on these guns?

hi there is anyone who have the trigger assembly switch diagram so i can repairing my gun because my gun cannot shoot because the trigger switch which turn on the motor is burn so i need to clean up the switch but the when i open it i forgot how to put it back (sorry if my english is bad)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put in Wild monkey mechbox, systema gears, every time I put in a piston it gets hung up on the side wall of the mechbox deepfire&systema, I'am also finding I am getting air lose I put in a tight bore barrel and new hop up rubber. This was done correctly however no matter what spring I run can't get fps up

ANY ADVICE WELCOMED

I put in Wild monkey mechbox, systema gears, every time I put in a piston it gets hung up on the side wall of the mechbox deepfire&systema, I'am also finding I am getting air lose I put in a tight bore barrel and new hop up rubber.  This was done correctly however no matter what spring I run can't get fps up

ANY ADVICE WELCOMED

i had a similar problem to yours, fitted a new barrel, thought i was getting air lose around the hop unit, turns out the piston was to tight on the gearbox rails. Because the piston was so tight it could not move forwards freely, it was mearly getting pushed slowly forwards by the spring, resulting to not much air flow equalling low FPS.

one thing i've stood by from the beginning is that stars pistons are more oval in shape than TM pistons. meaning they are narrower!

i went back to using stars piston and the problem went away.

if your still getting air loss put tyflon tape around the cylinder head and around the hop bucking. this may help. i did a guide on how to do this a few pages back.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I need your help! I have search and did some things but nothing works...

Here is my problem:

I own a m249STAR since one year

Two month ago i noticed that mys aeg had not a good accuracy and the bb didnt go very fast...

After many tests i replace the original Gb by the pgc.

But my problems are not solved i have still a huge problem of compression maybe...With the stock spring i cant go more than 280fps and 310 with a m120...

I have already change the folowing parts:

Gearbox by a pgc

Spring guide by a spring guide V3 cut

Gears by standard marui's gears because one of them has broken.

Thanks! I m ready for your advice!

Thought I might ask here.

I read through most of the thread and was wondering if the gun is "really" worth getting if it were perhaps $300 (used).

In your guys opinions what would you say? I also read that the hop-ups are nearly impossible to purchase.... would that mean that the rubber/nub and barrel are specific to the STAR or just the hop-up unit itself?

Anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

-Blink

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
ive just about had it with this gun, ive had nothing but problems with it.... if any of you guys want it for parts and whatnot ill give it to you for a good price...

What are the problems you encountered.

Since the prices of STAR stuff plummeted, I talked a mate into getting the Mk46 instead of an A&K, which I own one. Ever since, I've been left with a lot little problems to fix. The most recent repair, I replaced the AA battery box with a 3.7V LiPo battery inside the mag pouch and re-soldered two severed contacts. The workmanship on the electricals were ###### poor.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...